EL W Europa League Play-off 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:1 Barcelona

Post-match discussion

Thu, 23 February 2023

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Im buzzing. Can’t stop smiling. It’s been a while. Sure we haven’t won anything yet but it’s been a long time since United have made me feel like this. Get in. Enjoy it.

Redfrog

I have been wondering how big a part the "wally with the brolly" plays. he must have something if SAF and ETH both rate him
The most funny about it is that ETH was his assistant first. ETH is so good that he then make him his assistant at his next club !

Jeffthered

Garnacho needs to be taught how to manage a game. A couple of times when he should have gone to the corner he gave the ball away with lose passes into the middle, leading to dangerous counters. Should know better.
This type of quote I find incredible. Garnacho alongside the other subs, tactical changes, changed the game. He is a young, talented player, and he is learning, whilst delivering excellent performances by the way. Garnacho is fantastic.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Avoid Sevilla at all costs please. Can’t take another Spanish team full of divers and cheats.
Absolutely. Had my fill of Spanish teams! :lol:

pogbasformerbarber

Sports isn’t always about what’s on the line…and the best players get that. They care about being the best…not just the technical achievement.

it means something to beat Barca over two matches. It’s not a cup or a semi or the CL. But it means something to us fans…and even more amazing…it clearly meant something to our players.

I’ll take this tie over the wet fart of games in the CL this week where the PL teams showed almost zero passion or effort. This was everything sports should be and I’m sure even Barca fans were thoroughly entertained if not gutted.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some would praise EtH. Some would praise Antony, some would praise Fred.

Frankly, it’s obvious the reason we won:

I will not be watching on Sunday.
Your services to this club will not be forgotten.

davidmichael

ETH just gets it doesn’t he ? He just knows who to put where and if something isn’t working he does something no one else could see like Weghorst as a 10, Fernandes wide right or Sancho as a 10.

I’m pleased for Antony as he’s been labelled an expensive flop on here a lot but the goal aside his work rate on the right and what he also offers defensively is why ETH wanted him, it’s about the whole team dynamic and structure.

There’s no better defensive pairing in world football than Varane and Martinez who are Rio and Vidic levels, their strengths really compliment the other and the bond between them is so sincere which pours through the rest of the team.

If City were to go out of the FA Cup I really don’t see why we can’t win all three cup competitions this season, we’re building so much momentum and if we add at least a top class centre forward to what we have there’s a good chance we’d be title favourites next season.

Spark

As if RVP didn’t instinctively say Feyenoord when asked who he’d want to win out of United and them were they to draw against each other, even as the manager :lol:

Almost makes him more of a legend.

NecssryEvil

Guessing United will get the next group of diving/whining cnuts in Sevilla for the quarters.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We pulled the lever and flushed Barca out of Europe tonight. Good riddance.

Godfather

Still absolutely buzzing. No way I'm getting much sleep tonight. What a game. That second half was something else.

Ed9

E10H's signings are absolutely crucial. Imagine us without Licha and Cas, also Antony was great.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Fred tried to chip Ter Stegen in the first half, great try. Also that save after DDG had a bit of a brain fart, Casemiro got us out of jail.

Godfather

I'm guessing arsenal fans will disagree - we may well have to beat them to win the tournament. and I hate them more than people here hate Barca. I hate them and their snivelling fans almost as much as the dippers and their crowd
Arse will be done the moment we might face them again

Who gives a...

Martinez, Varane and Casemiro are the leaders this team has lacked for over a decade. Bring on Newcastle.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What a move, what an assist by Bruno on that Fred goal. Anthony had a great chance soon after, too. Big save DDG, in the second half too (watching highlights on BT Sport)/

Okey

This bald magician has me believing United can win the World Cup!

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Wasn't confident at all about this one, despite how well we played in the first leg. Over the moon now. Fred was superb second half and we have a manager with tactical nous, who knows when things aren't working and how to change them. Roll on Sunday.

DanielofLeyland

First half score was a fair reflection (even if the penalty was soft) based on how Barca dominated with the press. We really struggled. I knew ETH would turn us around in the second half and didn't it show? Superb second half performance and a well deserved win. Hopefully a win over the top of La Liga will galvanize the side into taking Newcastle aside on Sunday.

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 50% of 410 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 373 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Barcelona win
  • Draw