PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 March 2017

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
People complaining about our starting XI and shape, etc. IMO that starting XI and pretty much any rendition of it from our squad should handle a poor form Bournemouth, especially at OT.
I totally agree ... when I saw the line-up I was pissed, but only because I hadn't chosen them in "my" line-up. Otherwise I thought it was still a great way to rest a couple of players and be more than comfortable against the cherries. Wrong!

The team looked decent enough on paper didn't it? I picked Smalling & Bailly as CB's but I expected Rojo & Jones to have been much better, and they should have been FFS! Aftera while I was hoping Jones would get hurt ... and replaced!

Valencia & Shaw are as good as any we have and in fairness didn't let us down imo.

But surely Carrick in front of that back four with Pogs and Mata and Lingard should've bossed Bournemouth all day long; and yet except for the first 30 minutes, they didn't.

The combination and Martial out wide with Ibra up front should've wreaked havoc on their back line but again after 20 minutes were devoid of ideas.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I totally agree ... when I saw the line-up I was pissed, but only because I hadn't chosen them in "my" line-up. Otherwise I thought it was still a great way to rest a couple of players and be more than comfortable against the cherries. Wrong!

The team looked decent enough on paper didn't it? I picked Smalling & Bailly as CB's but I expected Rojo & Jones to have been much better, and they should have been FFS! Aftera while I was hoping Jones would get hurt ... and replaced!

Valencia & Shaw are as good as any we have and in fairness didn't let us down imo.

But surely Carrick in front of that back four with Pogs and Mata and Lingard should've bossed Bournemouth all day long; and yet except for the first 30 minutes, they didn't.

The combination and Martial out wide with Ibra up front should've wreaked havoc on their back line but again after 20 minutes were devoid of ideas.
It should. I've spoken to a few people who were dismayed with aspects of the line-up and the subs, which is fair enough, but there's no reason why that team should be unable to score a goal against ten man Bournemouth for the best part of an hour.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This team should have beaten them. The mistake we did is to think we beat them easily. I cant believe how over-confident we are despite being mediocre over all. We stopped pushing and playing after leading 1-0, so it's also a mentality thing. If we score, we have to go for 2-3 more goals, that's the spirit we should have

beingshe7don

I don't see why. We could have had him, Rooney & Pogba all sent off & could have hardly done worse.
Well clearly him being banned for the next 3 or so games is not going to help the team especially since we've been depending on Zlatan the entire season. He's been involved in 19 of our 39 goals which equates to 48.7% and with him out of the equation, we're going to struggle. We've been heavily reliant on one person and it could play a vital part in our race for top 4.

NotQuiteManc

Weird performances at the start of the game, unprofessional in between and terrible long ball, impatient game nearing the end. Should put someone with more control game after the sending off, instead of hoofing the ball. Oh well, let's just hope the team wakes up after the short honeymoon period, after winning A CUP. I can accept they make these kind of mistakes during this season, instead of next, where players like Pogba would have proper pre-season, 2nd season in the team etc. Part of learning process for Pogba, who seems to be 'flawless' before today, including his years in Juve.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I just came across this.
I wonder what Jose said to Mings.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm still pissed. How can we STILL throw games away like that? Really hard to understand. Once more we bottle an important games big time.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 544 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 3:0 Bournemouth
  • 27% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth