PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Brighton & Hove Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 August 2022

GregM40

Very strange atmosphere inside Old Trafford. Toxic.

Horrible first half. Eriksen looked decent, about the only positive. Ten Hag had a massive job on his hands. Fred and Mctominay were absolute toilet.

patch1

You cannot win classics with donkeys.The stable full of no hopers.A transfer policy so bad you could not make it up.8 weeks spent on trying to sign a player who does not want to come.The minimum the club needs,is a centre forward.
a central midfielder and at least another good fullback.That’s just for starters.

redmanx

You cannot win classics with donkeys.The stable full of no hopers.A transfer policy so bad you could not make it up.8 weeks spent on trying to sign a player who does not want to come.The minimum the club needs,is a centre forward.
a central midfielder and at least another good fullback.That’s just for starters.
Ive been saying that for weeks, why are we chasing players who simply dont want to play for United? Constantly upping the wages offered will not make an ambitious player change his mind as there is very little chance of silverware with us for the foreseeable future; all it gets us is the mercenaries who sign for huge wages on 4 year contracts, do very little on the pitch and then we are unable to offload them.

GL21

Trying to rewatch this and mutv schedule says it's supposed to be on now but it's showing classic vs arsenal. Is this just my firestick or shit service from MUTV? Buffering too

Red00012

Trying to rewatch this and mutv schedule says it's supposed to be on now but it's showing classic vs arsenal. Is this just my firestick or shit service from MUTV? Buffering too
They’re telling you not to watch it

Neo_Mufc

The only positive I can take from Sunday was when Eriksen went deep and Fred went off. He at least wanted the ball and was looking to create. We're dying for quality in the midfield. When I saw our squad it just didn't give me anything to get excited about. I have to agree with Keane we lack characters in the club massively.

redmanx

It's all a learning curve for everyone.

The only thing that miffed me was why a 3-man substitution like 2 mins from the end of the game when we need to chase the game?
My thoughts exactly. ETH needs time to settle in and build his own squad, but his substitutions against Brighton left a lot to be desired. Ronaldo should have been on as soon as we went 2 down.

redmanx

It certainly wasn't his worst performance by his own standards. Not really any of the hideous mistakes we've become accustomed to. But as Tifo showed in what I thought was a very good asessment of our performance, his positioning was as dreadful as ever and his whole game still seemed to revolve around trying to make up for his lack of pace.

There was also the usual complete lack of impact, influence and leadership as captain. We need to get the armband off him and give it to someone who can actually lead and drive others on. I'd say Ronaldo but, well, that's probably not feasible right now.
Ronaldo should have been made Captain at the end of last season.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404.85714285714 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:0 Brighton
  • 22% Man Utd 2:1 Brighton