PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Sun, 18 April 2021

RedDevil@84

Good game. Let's enjoy our last few games in league before we start one for ourselves

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
5 pages after a win. Would be 15 if we’d lost. Glad we beat these cynical feckers. Hopefully they get relegated next season
I don't know about others, but for me the joy of the great win was overshadowed and. the joy was killed by the horrible announcement of the "super[-greedy] league". It's hard to be happy about the progress of your club, when you hear the news that the very fabric of the game itself is in danger of being destroyed and the feckers owning your club are at the root of the problem.

Sea-Cow

Not the best performance and our attacking play, especially in the first half of most matches, is a chore to watch. But oh well, the number of games has to be catching up to the lads now so they did well to find a result.

I thought that Josh Brownhill for them was pretty impressive. He looked to be very athletic and got about us well and caused us problems with his energy and effort.

el3mel

I don't know about others, but for me the joy of the great win was overshadowed and. the joy was killed by the horrible announcement of the "super[-greedy] league". It's hard to be happy about the progress of your club, when you hear the news that the very fabric of the game itself is in danger of being destroyed and the feckers owning your club are at the root of the problem.
Pretty much. Everyone was busy talking about this super shit after the game ended.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Good result. Burnley are a tough team to break down, in fact a tough team is a fair description. Very physical.

They've been a major thorn in our side, always game raising against us. Feels like a slight turning point that we can (finally) put the likes of these feckers to the sword. Let's hope we can keep it up

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It honestly feels like we were thumped by the scousers, just been down all day after watching it.

Icemav

Great performance all round. The one main benefit I feel United have gained from the last three games is that it is evident the further away Martial is from the starting line-up the better off we will be! Better to start with 10 outfield players than just 9.
Thats an interesting observation. I have to say that I have a times been very impressed with Martial's play in the middle of the pitch where he has been much improved despite his scoring woes. That being said we do need players who can get us over the line in tough battles. Not saying that Martial can't but it appears with our current starting 11 there is a real winning mindset and killer instinct.

Not sure what you mean. Just because we decided to pay 80m pounds, it doesn't mean that he isn't allowed to make mistakes. He has made quite a few over the course of the league but so have other defenders. I find it appalling that his price is quoted each time he makes one. I can make a highlight reel of the best defenders in the league and each one of them have made their share of mistakes.

Overall though, he is solid defensively and never gets injured. It is such a relief to have him nail down one CB position because we have had to rotate CBs consistently since the Rio-Vida partnership got broken. He fills me with a lot of confidence.
it was just a point mate. Don’t know why Harry is such sensitive issue for some.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Thats an interesting observation. I have to say that I have a times been very impressed with Martial's play in the middle of the pitch where he has been much improved despite his scoring woes. That being said we do need players who can get us over the line in tough battles. Not saying that Martial can't but it appears with our current starting 11 there is a real winning mindset and killer instinct.
Like once or twice this year?

He's been absolute garbage this season and have costed us games because we've been trying to fit him in and played Rashford out of position

Craig Ward

Good win......................in the end.

Bit of a laboured display - some good attacking play and another good win.

Same old frailties but all in all a good win. Greenwood and Rashford very good, Cavani assured. Job done

Icemav

Like once or twice this year?

He's been absolute garbage this season and have costed us games because we've been trying to fit him in and played Rashford out of position
First I would recommend calming down so the tunnel vision lessens. If that doesnt happen then my second suggestion would be to post in one of the many anti-Ole threads as he is the guy that picks the team, not Martial.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
To call this a poor performance is fecking ridiculous. They were excellent.
I've reflected upon this many times before, and always concluded that, unless we win 4-0 with the opposition having no attempts at our goal, our more 'anxious' fans will not see it as a good performance. The degree to which they judge it a good performance, is inversely correlated with the level of anxiety they felt during the game.

This is why a 0-1 away win at Anfield that was end to end with us scoring in the 95th minute through a lucky deflection would result in them saying - great result, terrible performance. The rest of us would be too busy running up and down the street shrieking to even think about how we played.

Anxiety Fans I think I will start calling them.

sugar_kane

I'm struggling to reconcile the team who beat Burnley yesterday, led by the manager who was a childhood hero who is getting us back on track playing the United way again, with the corporation who are trying to feck over the football league and the sport as a whole.

It's grim and a sour end to what has been overall a satisfying season, and which until yesterday's news had made me quite optimistic about where the club is going.

I really hope the UK government show some guts and somehow stop this happening, although I'm not sure really what they can do about it.

largelyworried

Meh first half, with a second half that was "good enough", rather than good. But given that this was match number 52 of what is going to be a 60+ game season (and after playing all last summer to boot), that's no surprise. I hope we can just pick it up when it counts.

Maticmaker

Good win, eventually!

Only eight points behind City...shades of 68', when in our quest for (as it was then) European Cup glory,we threw away an eight point lead in Div 1..... to City.
Mind you both clubs could be out on their ears before then, have these six clubs gone mad?

Surely this is all a bit of 'posturing' to ring more money out of the PL/UEFA?

Gator Nate

Good win, and I didn't think the first half was that bad. Burnley didn't play as thuggishly as usual, nor did they take to the diving like they did last time we played them. They're just a tough team, defensively.

Rashford played well, got the assist, and I can only think that goals are forthcoming.

Greenwood is starting to come into form. Can't wait to see him against Leeds.

Cavani was solid when he came in, that goal was sweet.

Van de Beek showed some real value, too. Excellent assist.

kaiz

A great analysis about the game against Burnley by UtdArena, one of the most knowledgeable account on twitter about football and Man Utd. This is too good. You have to read it.

Ted1985

A great analysis about the game against Burnley by UtdArena, one of the most knowledgeable account on twitter about football and Man Utd. This is too good. You have to read it.
Thanks man, that was a great read and I learned a lot. I do hope Cavani stays with us for another season, he is much needed on the pitch and in training as an inspiration to younger players.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 83% of 286 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw