PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 November 2021

AngliaRed

away support incredible as usual.

Ronaldo storms straight down tunnel and not clapping away support is abit cringey considering they sang his name so much.

probably sulking Lingard tried to take on a player instead of cross to him at the death.

Gordon S

Chelsea are in fantastic form atm but we fought for 90 minutes and a draw doesn`t feel like the smash and grab the stats might suggest. We defended well i thought.

Zevvythered

Dare I say it centre defence better without Slabhead!!!!!

AWB Next to go and we might have something To work with when Varane comes back

wolvored

Most predicted we'd get smashed. Jammy as feck goal for Chelsea.

Frankly we could have won that.

Point is decent result at the end of the day.
Was a nailed on Pen WB kicked him in the back of the leg, wasnt jammy at all.

Water Melon

Bringing Ronaldo on was a mistake. Rashford was poor, as was Bruno. Fred was very good, bar that awful shot. Had he slipped it to Jesse, we would have won.

MonkeysMagic

If anyone has any delusions of how far we are from the top teams, just watch that game again!
RR has a tough job on his hands getting this squad competing this season, it's what 3 yrs of non-coaching has got our squad to.

But good to laugh at Tuchel giving himself a hernia on the touchline!

Ixion

Sky actually thinking Carrick has done well. Yeah, less shite than the previous shite, but still shite.
What do you expect to happen in a week? If we dont play well against Arsenal are you going to call Rangnick shit?

Rustyspider13

A point at Chelsea is never a bad result. But we really could have won it if that chance had fallen to any other player but Fred. Some of our players have such low levels of composure it's ridiculous. Rangnick has a lot of work on his hands in terms of teaching our players not to panic when they get the ball.

No idea how Anthony Taylor is a PL referee.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Light and day between the teams tactically.

Still though had fred played in Lingard i think we could have nicked it.

Superunknown

The result was a good one. I thought the performance in the first half wasn't great, but Chelsea needed a penalty to get their goal. We're not in great form, our league position is underwhelming, and we're in a transition stage again. Considering all of that, I think it would have taken a huge effort from us today to have obtained anything better than a draw. It wasn't a great performance at all (or even a good one), but we got a result. That's important.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ronaldo should only be used at home and in Europe.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm confused, not a good performance at all but considering where we were a few weeks back and just last weekend, two good results in a week isnt bad. I don't get why you are all so negative. 1 week of training is all Carrick had, what did you think would change, slight improvement in shape and pressing but thats why we have Ralf coming in. Im excited going forward, no time to moan. Cheer up. Exciting times ahead.

mav_9me

Most predicted we'd get smashed. Jammy as feck goal for Chelsea.

Frankly we could have won that.

Point is a decent result at the end of the day.
Well ours was jammier.

Anyway with our current run of form, lack of confidence I'll take a point absolutely agreed.

tomaldinho1

I see a lot of promise with our squad but we’re just in limbo now. A point is good, not a classic though!

cyberman

Chelsea don’t impress me in front of goal. Didn’t do much with all of their possession

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
My thoughts
  • Ok Result
  • Don't think we played well at all
  • Shocking Subs
  • McTominay is proof that a Midfielder can hide from the ball in order to not be criticised. Given Man of the Match by Sky....
  • Fred had a good game. But showed a good few of his usual mistakes. Needs to be told he cannot shoot.
  • Sancho showed some good moments. Taking him off was a big mistake.
Broadly agree, the midfield did some decent stuff without the ball and will be praised but they are just not good enough when we've got it and are trying to impact a game, never mind control one.

A draw isn't bad, and this was a far better performance than Liverpool, City and Watford, but it was still poor. There's still an awful lot of work to be done, Ralf has his work cut out.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Anti-football for 45 mins. Had a decent 15 mins in the second half. Fred isn’t good enough, and AWB isn’t good enough so we need to deal with that in the summer.

always_hoping

Would have taken the draw before the game but frustrating that the two points was eventually dropped due to individual error. Though on the flip side United took the lead from a error. Fred and Rudiger should have taken their opportunities late on.

Tuchel unable to Beat United at home, P4 D2 L2

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We were poor, Bruno and AWB in particulad.

Chelsea aren't as good as City and Liverpool who I expect to eventually pull away from them.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
More acceptable than 5-0 though isn’t it? You want us to go toe to toe with the best team in the league, managed by someone in his second game ever as a manager.
Yes...yes I do want them to go toe to toe with the team we've beaten several times and finished ahead of over the past couple seasons. And if we lose 5-0 then we are only 1 point worse off than we are today. We are way too reactionary. Man for man we should not be afraid of Chelsea. Sure, we can lose to them but we can also beat them. I'd rather see us go for 3 points then this crap football...

Bailly and Telles brilliant defensively. Fred and Matic good. Fred chance at the end horrific. Decent point all things considering.

Red00012

We’ve been 1-0 up both times we’ve brought Ronaldo on and not won :wenger:

largelyworried

Can't complain with that. Clearly we were second best overall but we worked hard, took advantage of their mistake and what could have been a morale-sapping defeat was a positive draw. Hope the manager arrives soon though, there's a lot to do.

Roosney

Fred ffs. He must be embarrassed for that "chip" attempt. Other than that played well.

Gazautd18

Couldn't do the simplest of passes.
First half we were scared then came to life after the goal.
With a bit of self belief and better judgement we could have got the win.

Blood Mage

I do think we could have won the game had Rashford or Bruno been taken off instead of Sancho.

OverratedOpinion

Not convinced it was a pen.
It wasn't also Bailly was fouled and the corner before it that led to a chance was headed wide by Silva, Chelsea were extremely fortunate today and Tuchal kicking off about us getting a corner incorrectly afterwards was hilarious considering.

RedIan

Worked hard first half but when we did get the ball we were shocking, couldnt string any passes together. 21 touches in last third the lowest for ten years! Tells the story.
We improved 2nd half, sancho took his goal superbly well.
I didn’t get the subbing of Rashford and Sancho At all.
Ronaldo is a passenger in a game like this.

Happy with a point. Thought we would be stuffed.

The Purley King

If Fred had better decision making he’d be amazing.
Given the circumstances that was ok. Sit tight play on the counter.
Awb was atrocious. We know he is poor on the ball but the number of times a winger was ready to cross and he fecking JOGS out to challenge. Sprint ffs!!!!!!
I remember something with lee Dixon when he first got into the team at arsenal he thought his name was “stop the cross” the number of times people shouted that at him. Get him as a coach :)

Djemba-Djemba

Boring defensive football is only acceptable if we get 3 points. This was brutal. A little better in the second half, but absolute shite. And Bruno...my god...does anyone give the ball away more than he does? I thought we might see a 4-3-3 today with Bruno on the left and Sancho on the right. Unfortunately I was wrong...
That's really not true.

Chelsea are the champions of Europe and currently top of the league. We are a fecking shambles without a proper manager coming off a run where we were getting battered every single week. 4 against Leicester, 5 against Liverpool, 4 at Watford etc.

We were never going to play well today, even when we were the best side around our results at Chelsea were shite, so it was all about digging in, frustrating them and getting something and we did.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 2:1 Man Utd