PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 04 April 2024

RoyH1

We have some talented and hard working players and yet play so dumb in game after game.

edgecutter

McTominay and rashford both had stinkers at the weekend and both come.on again and have another stinker.

Steve Bruce

5 points lost in injury time in 2 games. Concentration levels of our players are shocking, among a bigger list of shockingly bad things with united

moodyred

Taking Garnacho out was a big mistake. He broke that flank repeatedly and would have kept the ball better. That pass by manoo to Fernandes on 95 min was unnecessary risk taken when we should have just kept the ball.

Lyng

We where awful. But so where they. In the end the ref handed them the game. That was never a penalty

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can pretty much guarantee that if the fouls had been on Antony and/or Bruno, we wouldn't have got the penalties

Siorac

2 soft as anything peno's and two deflected shots. Fk off. We fully deserved to win that.
I feel that if you regularly give up 20-30 shots, as we do, then you can't really complain about deflected goals. At that point you're pretty much asking for trouble, statistically speaking.

lsd

The Oracle
Well at least we are not boring that's one thing.

We kind of are though. We get totally outplayed then suddenly an individual bit of magic gets us back into things and after that get totally outplayed again.

It's just individual moments that make it look like we are playing our part in thrillers but it's really not the case.

Melville Red

You don't have to worry about that - he's a dead man walking at this point.
I think you might be right but I’m very worried about who will take over, I do hope The FA have very deep pockets and a chauffeur driven Rolls lined up for dear Gareth for next season and beyond.

Ace of Spades

Gave up on attacking after taking the lead, add removing our most threatening player on the counter and it was obvious. The pressure was mounting, and the fact that we can't pass the ball around or atleast take it to the corner flag is just the norm for this team under the clown Pep Guardiola is my idol.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
1. Those are the two softest pens I’ve ever seen
2. Where did they get 8 minutes from?
3. We are mental midgets

shit game. See you next season.

Maureen-yo

I can't believe that second penalty. Moronic ref just guessing that there's extremely minimal contact. He can't know, VAR can't know, it's fecking pathetic to give that as penalty. Madueke dived as he knew he wasn't going anywhere anyhow.
completely agree but idiotic by Dalot to show a right footed player down the line onto Dalots naturally weaker side. I’ll put it down to him not being a left back but really shit decision making…again.

*I’ll caveat that by saying that I think he’s been one of the “standout” performers this year, not really hard though.

moodyred

Season was long gone anyway. Only thing to play for now, is to help Arsenal take points off Liverpool.

Manny

Grammar Police
They are mentally so weak. Regularly do the wrong thing, lose their heads, concede quick goals and piss away points.

Need to get rid of players like Maguire and Lindelof. They're broken and lose their heads in the big moments. It's embarrassing and the rot will only set in deeper with them around.

Steve 007

The pens were soft and the second was never a pen.
Having said that, what were we doing for that time after McT and Rashford came on, we certainly weren’t trying to play football or score the 4th. ETH can go and take Rashford go with him.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I woke up at see us losing in extra time. I cannot imagine why Ineos and the board is sabotaging our season with keeping ETH. 2 straight games where we let team score with last few mins to win or draw. Is that a coincidence? How can this be happening over and over again? Sack this fraud!!! As him to attend family matter? Stay away from United. Put any interim guy in-charge.

Fahad Jawaid

Any one goal lead is vulnerable specially with such thick players we have. I was 100% convinced we would not hold on to the lead and eventually crumble. However, to concede another one after 3-3 was another level of bottling.

How can a manager and team not smell the blood. Chelsea were there for the taking and we kept giving away the ball for fun after scoring the 3rd and didn't have a shot after 67th minute.

Then ETH brings on Mctominay and we have Mainoo at number 6. and then Mctonimay playing as the furthest forward and Bruno alongside Maino trying to protect the lead. It was a miracle we didn't concede third earlier.

We can't keep a ball for a minute, such is the state of this side. The manager players all need to be replaced. Specially Bruno and Rashford they are the biggest culprits of these basketball like football.

SB16

For people wondering about the length of injury time, do you remember Wan Bissaka's head injury? That alone took 3-4 minutes to sort out.

BorisManUtd

Ugh, tough one to take. We did well in 1st half to come back from 2 down and make it 2-2. Then second half I'd say we were better, great assist from Antony to Garnacho for the third goal. After that I thought we managed that lead really good for half an hour. Unfortunately Dalot ran out of energy and Madueke had plenty of it coming on minutes earlier. And then that deflection from McTominay and Chelsea win it.

Our 1st goal was a gift given from Caicedo but looking at Chelsea's goals it's 2 penalties and 2 deflections. They are a poor side and so are we, we just made more mistakes in the end.

Our season league wise was already over but it's a shame to lose this fashion and to lose so many players to injuries in one game and in space of few days. With all the defenders unavailable and losing so much energy tonight, think it'll be a loss to Liverpool unfortunately. Which is a shame because that's a derby and one of only two games that still matter this season.

cpresc

An entertaining 4-3 to knock us out of next season's Champion's League

Similar to the entertaining 3-3 that got us knocked out of this season's CL in Galatasary..

That last attack from us that conceded possession and led to their goal was playground football. We are just so freaking naive.

Our defence needs a revamp though, our defensive injuries are just ridiculous

Heinzesight

Struggling to think of a bigger collapse by us in recent times. The 3-3 at Anfield in 1994 was awful but at least that was a blip and we had characters in the team and not a bunch of dicks turning out for us.

I just knew at 3-3 Chelsea could win it. Absolute bastards this team.

If Antony had a brain he’d be dangerous.

Banana Republic

Why is ETH not telling the players to run for the corners in these situations
We are the only team trying to score more when leading in the dying minutes
That’s what Utd were trying to do.
Time wasting and passing the ball around in the Chelsea half and in the corners, instead of controlling possession and maintaining an attacking thread, to keep Chelsea on the back foot.

The time wasting and trying to run the clock down when there was 8 mins of extra time left, cost us the game because we gave them plenty of opportunities to break and mount attacks.

DomM

In the grand scheme of things, this result makes no difference, ETH is clearly not good enough and needs replacing which I suspect will happen at the end of the season. The general play all season has been very poor, even when we have won, which can only be down to the manager and his coaching methods, he knows his time is up, there has been zero improvement this season and half the time the team looks utterly clueless. I just hope we get a manager who knows what he is doing next.

The Irish Connection

I think what is most gutting about that is BTs media team are delighted. They pissed me off from minute one. They are always so desperate for a narrative, it’s terrible coverage.
Chelsea were apparently blowing us away in the first half despite it being even but for a giveaway and a soft pen. Oh and Palmer is the second coming of Messi or Christ.
He scored two pens and got a jammy deflection for the other.
I thought Ally McCoist was better.
In terms of the match, yeah I thought we sat off too much after getting the lead. As usual.
Poor from Dalot.
Thought Antony had one of his better games for us.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Once again not in the slightest bit surprised at us folding. When the board went up for 8 minutes, my heart sunk. I have no confidence in our ability to concentrate and complete simple passes to see a game out. Champions League qualification now gone and I suspect EtH is now toast as well. The number of injured defenders does not bode well for the scousers at the weekend.

Joseunited

Great game to watch but if you give 20+ shots to the opposition you'll get done.
I don't know what process ETH is heading towards but it's fecking killing us.

If he starts Rashford and Casemiro on Sunday it'll be like starting with 9 men.

Man of the Match

Alejandro Garnacho image Alejandro Garnacho 87% of 164 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 171 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw