PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 04 April 2024

ZainCRse7en

Watched every single game of us and have watched enough shit moments but that last Chelsea goal from the corner is honestly one of the worst bit of defending I have ever seen in my life. It's bad enough to have 1 or 2 players switching off but the fecking entire team? Beyond words now.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Did anyone ask where the 8 minutes of added time came from? Not a chance would any of the teams above United in the table lose when 3-2 ahead with 97 minutes played. That's on those players you simply can't trust them to close the game out.

As soon as I heard the commentary saying Chelsea hadn't lost at home when 2-0 ahead since 1999 I thought to myself thanks for the jinx..
Was Willy Kambwala not down for 4/5 mins with a head knock?

Edit. Was wan bissaka

Last edited:

bobglory

bunch of cry babys on this forum im sure half of you are just trolls

both pens were suspect but the 2nd one was a joke and that's one of the worst refs i have seen he was weak as piss and gave them everything the whole game .

thought we played well and with a class cdm instead of an old man and a back line who can stay fit i think we are decent and the players are clearly behind the manager . look at liverpool just losing vvd they lose the plot and we are without our 2 best defenders for almost all the season and have an 18 year old kid and grandpa running cm , a 90m player crying in germany , a need i say more greenwood . eth has been dealt a shit sandwich from the gods this season but i think with a few good signings this summer we will be not far off next season but that depends on a top quality cdm thats the missing link imo . anyway gg mu

Al-T

This season is a death by a thousand cuts. Miserable as hell.

Magical Manchester United

What in the name of god is wrong with this football club. It's been over 10 years now and it's embarrassment followed by humiliation with the odd positive thrown in.
Beat Man City 3-2 after being 2-0 down? Have a1-0 defeat against rock bottom West Brom
Beat Liverpool? You must pay for this success Man United. Have a miserable performance against Brentford, snatch an undeserved 96th minute goal but concede an equaliser. Mount a stirring comeback against Chelsea in the next game...oh look a penalty is conceded. And oh look an inevitable winner..

No other club embarrasses itself as much as us. After the 7-0 I looked to see if any team had lost 7-0 to it's big rivals before. Aside from a few results from way back when when ridiculous scores were more common, the closest I could find was Inter losing 6-0 at home to Milan.

It feels we are unlike any other club. Most clubs will have one or two barren seasons and then pick up. Even the seasons we've won stuff it's felt like a hollow victory.

We are a joke, an embarrassment. I'm not sure I'm allowed to swear on here so flip this flipping football club

Paul778

When was the last game where Casemiro has a better than 7 out of 10 game?

It's got to be over a year.

When your veteran players phone it in, it's not a good message for the rest of your squad.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
When was the last game where Casemiro has a better than 7 out of 10 game?

It's got to be over a year.

When your veteran players phone it in, it's not a good message for the rest of your squad.
Try to avoid going for players who are past their prime and offer them big contracts.

SAF used to ship out older players and rebuild/rejuvinate the squad.

Guapa

You get what you deserve and this gutless bunch deserve nothing.Looking forward to a complete overhaul in the next 18 months.

Hozierstanks

Seriously just fecking sack him already.

Ratcliffe can't talk about ambition and then allow this useless manager to continue overseeing the worst football I've witnessed in over 3 decades following United
Miracles don't happen twice within a month.
Why is Hojlund untouchable? There are loads of strikers out there better than him
Anyone. Who cares. Put them on a 1 year contract and sack them if they're rubbish. Just get rid of Ten Hag already. The charisma vacuum is a miserable excuse for a manager
Didn't think it'd get worse than Rangnick. But here we are
Can't believe this.

I turned off with a couple minutes left as I wanted to play Dragons Dogma. Thought I'd have a quick browse on here only to find we lost.

feck this team man
:lol: no offence but I find it hard to believe someone can be as upset as you are with the result, when you decided to turn off the match at 2-3 with a few mins to go, to play a game.

Jeffthered

Exciting game, but was very messy (similar to the Cup Game against Liverpool). We have absolutely no control in games, and that should not be acceptable after the time ETH has had as manager. And we are not getting better.

We do not look like we are coached, at all. Chelsea looked the same. Palmer was the difference.

AndySmith1990

:lol: no offence but I find it hard to believe someone can be as upset as you are with the result, when you decided to turn off the match at 2-3 with a few mins to go, to play a game.
I wasted almost 100 minutes watching that. Obviously I care or I wouldn't bother turning it on in the first place

always_hoping

I was resigned to a draw at that point. But a defeat… :eek:
I feared the Copenhagen game from November would be repeated and Chelsea are every bit as average as Copenhagen. United gives hope to teams because flaky players keep making the same mistakes and aren't able to close out games from promising positions.

Wheato

Question is, has Ineos got the balls?
One thing that is abundantly clear for INEOS, is that this is not a salvage operation. This is a total re-build. Including a new manager. Ten Hag's tactical naivety cannot be overlooked.

I cannot wait for this new wave of players coming in, via intensive scouting, good contacts and the best in class doing our bidding.

We will look back on this period one day, and a shiver will run up your spine. Just remembering when we played like headless chickens with no style of play, no cohesion and only a smattering of hope from our youngsters.

Hang in there, reds.

redmanx

feck off, winning after 95 minutes how the feck can you lose.
With this lot, easy, this wasnt the first time we've thrown a lead away in the dying minutes. Our players cant get it into their stupid heads that a match lasts until the referee blows the final whistle....why is this so hard for them to understand? At 2-3 we were looking by far the better team and then another extremely dodgy penalty gives Chelsea the equalizer and we stopped playing. And thats NOT the managers fault.

Cantonagotmehere

Goodness, what a match between 2 bad teams with a few good players.

Love, Garnacho, very proud of him.

Send Casemiro to Saudi for 1mln tonight. He does not even try.

We don't deserve much, but losing to 2 diving pens sucks, I have to say.

RedRocket9908

Its unbelievable how TNT hardly discussed the 2nd Chelsea penalty, if we had have gotten that they would be foresincaly examing it from every angle.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Casemiro was poor tonight. Varane with his injury record has to be on thin ice too.

Unam333

Goodness, what a match between 2 bad teams with a few good players.

Love, Garnacho, very proud of him.

Send Casemiro to Saudi for 1mln tonight. He does not even try.

We don't deserve much, but losing to 2 diving pens sucks, I have to say.
And a jammer deflected goal. Palmer was channeling his inner Lampard.

JediSith

Amazing match. But really I think ETH screwed us with his subs , the unforced ones, no need to take off Garnacho for Rashford. Also didn’t understand taking of Casemiro for McTominay. After those subs what was an end to end match became pretty much a Chelsea 7 times in our box with us going 3 times in there’s

Cantonagotmehere

This season is a death by a thousand cuts. Miserable as hell.
No kidding mate. Was watching with my wife for a few minutes, who does not follow football. Ratcliffe popped on the screen and I told her, he's the only thing that matters about this season.

Besides my love for Garnacho ;)

Man of the Match

Alejandro Garnacho image Alejandro Garnacho 87% of 164 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 171 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win