PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Tue, 26 September 2023

JohnnyLaw

Just got back from the game, hard to believe Palace had 31% of the possession because it was all us.

Casemiro had an incredible night. Very happy to see Gore come on and do well. Onwards and upwards! (Hopefully)

Orange Tree

Amrabat had a good showing. Can't wait to see him in the middle with Case and Reguilon or Shaw back as left back.

croadyman

Yes I know we will be facing a different Palace team on Saturday,however builds the confidence. Did not expect Bruno & Rashford to get the night off but happy they did. Maybe Casemiro could also have come off earlier if only we had Kobbie.

Todd

Only able to watch the first half but we looked pretty solid. Nice to have a match where we never felt any pressure.

Reiver

Haven't enjoyed a match as much as this in a while. Great blend of youth and experience out there.

Winrar

We could say they weren’t up for it, but I’ll take this performance regardless considering we’ve been rancid for basically the entire season thus far.

gaffs

Good win tonight. Great to see Amrabat making his first start and Gore coming on for him on his 19th birthday. Gore looked very tidy. Hope Mount coming off was planned and he has not aggravated the injury.

But lets be honest, Palace didn't come to play. They looked like a Div 2 team. Just the confidence boost we needed though.

Saturday will be a much different game.

Ludens the Red

Best performance of the season. Achieved without Rashford and Bruno who need to break out of this “individuality” of theres to help the team progress.

BestRed

Great game, great result, amazing the difference a few ribeyes & beers can make.

Waynne

Shite performance.
Garnacho is a hack.
Dalot is slow.
Martial is lazy.

Sack Ten Hag. Not good enough.

AndyMUFC

Enjoyed that, much more control and energy about us and all 11 players played a part. That's the sort of performance we were starting to put together the first half of last season before we tailed off a bit after the Carabao Cup win.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Excellent. Dominated that game from the first second until the last.

What was most pleasing was seeing everyone work hard for the full duration. I think I remember one occasion where Garnacho eased off in tracking back, but there were three players covering that single attacker. He works much much harder than Rashford.

Pellistri worked his socks off still and kept showing for the ball throughout.

Mejbri, again, worked hard throughout but was a bit edgy what with that yellow, but it was nice to see him share a laugh with the manager when he came off.

Dalot was excellent through, only surpassed by Casemiro who really had an outstanding controlling game.

And Amrabat, whom I thought would start at right back, he really was everywhere in that first half and looked the part.

That should be the standard right there, if you're a star player but don't put a shift in, you should be out of the first XI.

Glorio

Much better than this season of seeing Bruno, Rashford, McTominay and Shaw moping around the pitch as if they have something better to do.

A mobile midfield and attack worked well and the egos were in check. Very simple pass and move football. Ten Hag will have liked that the defence and midfield were in charge of the ball all game. Circulating the ball around as and when we chose to do so.

Hopefully these players that have got us the last two or 3 performances keep getting minutes. Hannibal, Pellestri and Garnacho brought something needed. Mobility, pace and energy.

Amrabat, Mount and Martial coming back is awesome.

Hopefully Bruno and Rashford can take a seat more often where they can see the world or the team doesn't have to revolve around them.
Why do people include Bruno in this?

RedDevilQuebecois

I really loved the team performance today. The energy was something to relish about.

I'm really happy that Amrabat played this well, even in an unfamiliar position at the start. Mount, Garnacho and Pellistri provided really good support in situations where our midfield needed some. Casemiro really showed his class with a MOTM performance as he was able to play without worrying about the guy next to him in midfield.

Great result and no injuries, all of it while some key players enjoyed a good rest.

sugar_kane

Loads of positives from tonight.

We played with energy, confidence and aggression.

What’s more is that we kept this going all night and there wasn’t a single player who wasn’t showing this same spirit.

Casemiro suddenly clicking back into form is fantastic, and he also looks in much better shape.

Maguire having a solid, confident game is nice to see and will do him wonders.

I don’t doubt Onana’s confidence for a second but a second clean sheet in a row eases the pressure on him.

Mount was great before he was subbed.

Amrabat looks like the exact signing we needed.

Gore had an excellent cameo, not seen much of the lad but he’s not only a tidy player but fast and aggressive.

With Hannibal, Pellistri and Evans all now getting significant game time we suddenly look like we have decent squad depth.

Palace were shite but that wasn’t all their doing, we looked horrible to play against. I think Palace didn’t know what had hit them the way we played after being so lethargic all season.

All in all just nice to enjoy watching us again, even if it is just the League Cup.

justboy68

Couldn’t watch the match but seemed like a good performance and an easy win form the extended highlights. Once again the adage of ‘Casemiro plays well, we win, Casemiro plays poorly, we lose’ seems to hold true. But looks like everyone did well tonight. Liked the fluidity of the front 3. Food for thought. More of the same please.

croadyman

Know it doesn't bother some but jeez how many times did Bruce call us the wrong name tonight,guy should know better than that considering how long he was here

Last edited:

Belisarius

Much better than this season of seeing Bruno, Rashford, McTominay and Shaw moping around the pitch as if they have something better to do.

A mobile midfield and attack worked well and the egos were in check. Very simple pass and move football. Ten Hag will have liked that the defence and midfield were in charge of the ball all game. Circulating the ball around as and when we chose to do so.

Hopefully these players that have got us the last two or 3 performances keep getting minutes. Hannibal, Pellestri and Garnacho brought something needed. Mobility, pace and energy.

Hopefully Bruno and Rashford can take a seat more often where they can see the world or the team doesn't have to revolve around them.
Bruno doesn't mope. If anything he would probably be more effective if he calmed down a little bit.

ManUnitedCanuck

Most comfortable game in a long time. Actually scored in the first half and never looked at risk. Nice to watch a match like that for once.

Younger talent is playing well and putting in a shift, deserving of their opportunities. Let’s hope we can keep this up on the weekend.

bosskeano

personally i think the best group would be

onana
dalot varane martinez shaw
casemiro amrabat
mount bruno rashy
hojlund

Mount is used to playing right wing for chelsea and he can play inside forward....but to be fair pellestri and hannibal have done really well so far

Pscholes18

Good overall performance, Martial has really looked up for it in the last few games. Was Garnacho telling Rash to feck off, the left is his after scoring his goal? :)

joedirt87

Best performance of the season so far, lets see what they can do this weekend against a Crystal Palace side that will likely be tougher.

nainaisson

This was the performance I expected against Wolves in the first game of the season. I have no idea if we've finally turned a corner, or if we've just flattered to deceive because Crystal Palace couldn't care less about the League Cup.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This was the performance I expected against Wolves in the first game of the season. I have no idea if we've finally turned a corner, or if we've just flattered to deceive because Crystal Palace couldn't care less about the League Cup.
We'' just have to take it one game at a time then.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Casemiro putting in the second good game in a week is a real relief, the way he finished last season and started this I was starting to think he was shot.

Hopefully next time we play a big club he doesn't look complexly of the pace.

sport2793

Well if the team runs in the correct way and covers a lot of distance then more games will look like today then Wolves or most of the other games so far for that matter.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Shaw’s been injured for most games

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If this team becomes our first choice (with 1 or 2 changes), then so be it.

Kingofwinners

Bruno doesn't mope. If anything he would probably be more effective if he calmed down a little bit.
I’m a Bruno fan but he does spend a lot of time giving out, often with reason. I did enjoy a break from that, it just seemed everyone was focused on performance and football and it worked. Bruno and Rashford are huge talents and very important for us, but would be excellent if they are not getting played 55 times a year and know they have players pushing for places and they need to perform.

Stig

So. Do you play Rashford on the weekend ?

I wouldn't.

colombianmancunian

Excellent win, the team really clicked today

Casemiro man of the match, Amrabat had a good game, the same as Mount. Pellistri did ok and is showing promise. Good to see Garnacho and Martial scoring. The only thing that could have make this better, was a Højlund goal, but hopefully that will come in the weekend.

And another clean sheet for Onana, really need his confidence up for the season

Last edited:

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 270 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results