PL L FA Premier League

Everton 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 April 2019

rpitchfo

I just wasn’t expecting that at all. Didn’t see it coming. I thought we might lose but that’s easily the worst united performance I’ve ever sat through...and my god I’ve sat through some horrors over the last few years.

No answers from me, just bewilderment.

The Purley King

fecking embarrassing.
These cnuts won’t care though, just drive home in their bentleys and pick a new house to buy tonight.
Oh and Lukaku should never play for Utd again after that. He traps the ball further than most players can kick it.

Siorac

Honestly, what is even the point anymore? It feels like nothing is ever going to change. Like we're destined to be shit forever. Maybe we should just give up, as a club.

It doesn't matter who's the manager. It doesn't matter who's on the pitch. It doesn't matter who we buy. We're just a graveyard for players anyway. I'm certainly not going to bother with following the summer transfer window - even if we buy 10 players for a billion pounds, we'll still only fight for top 4 next season while unable to string two passes together in most games.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The whole United squad is shet. Everton level.

Fracture90

Far better team won today, our first strike on target came in the last 10 minutes. We haven't had a game of good football ever since the Cardiff game. No identity, no style, horrible football and mind-boggling lineups and subs. No end in sight with Woodward making the decisions.

BulgarianDevil91

I blamed Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

It’s the players and has been all along.
This. This. This. This. A million times this.

I only hope Ole has the balls to offload the garbage. I said it in another thread, he's a fan of the club as is any of us, he should do what's best for us during the summer transfer window.

Reactions: SteveJ

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s been said countless times over the past 6 years, but I genuinely believe that to be the worst United performance post-Fergie.

We just did nothing the entire game. Only this time we conceded 4 times too.

Dan600

Not a single one of our players broke a sweat. Terrible performance from every single member of the team. McTominay, Young and Pereira at least put some effort in, but it's like the Matic's and Pogba's, Lukaku's of the team drain all energy and positivity out of the others.

Fred was poor but I have no clue how he came off ahead of Matic. The way he shirked marking with Sigurdsson for the second goal was a disgrace.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ole is not going anywhere soon. I hope he gets rid of all the players.

jem

Any way you cut it, this is sacking form. I love Ole, but this has moved beyond blip/market correction. It'll never happen, but the team needs to appoint a DOF tomorrow, and let that person have the final word on squad and manager.

Bruce Wayne

"Please choose a rating between 1 and 10 for all players."
:( some of them today don't even deserve the 1

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We’d be crazy to sell lukaku, right? Absolute shithouse striker. The whole attack is pathetic.

This season is over, I can’t be arsed to waste my time watching on Wednesday.

I can only hope the overhaul talk is real.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I worry for Ole (and his legend at this club). He's made some mistakes but the players are just shite... they should be coming out and saying they'll donate their weeks wages to a Manchester charity.

We need brutal changes but they're not going to happen. I'd get rid of 12 (13 if I include De Gea to raise some cash) and at least 5 in..... and that's being cautious.

Shite and worrying times.

Over to you Ed.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That was difficult to watch. Really, really, difficult. I don't know where we go from here - the future looks bleak. I wish we had at least one player about our squad that we could trust to put in a 7/10 performance game in game out.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nothing to say except play the kids for the rest of the remaining games.

Krits

For the first time since Fergie left I feel like just giving up on watching. There isn’t one thing left that I identify with. If the city game is at a time where I’m working. I don’t think I’ll bother coming home and watching the entire replay like I normally do. Will watch the highlights and be done with it.

The soul of our club has been eroded. I’m gutted.

Litch

Manner of the defeat is the most worrying given what we were playing for. Need experience manager to guide us through this and not sure Ole has it irrespective of the defeat.....

opopop

Can see us signing Maguire after a long summer being linked to Khoulibaly.

Maybe 2 more signings. Young, Martial, Smalling, Jones, Matic still starting regularly.

We really need a Director of Football in to begin cutting out the rot in the squad.

Chairman Steve

Start transfer business NOW. There’s nothing to fight for this season so at least make progress off the field. Just fecking own up and say Herreras leaving and his quad is perfectly fine since he’s preserving it for Paris.

Siorac

I blamed Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

It’s the players and has been all along.
Both Van Gaal and Mourinho bought a shitload of their own players.

It's the club. As a whole. We're just steeped in shit. Our blood and DNA have turned to shit.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Embarrassing, putrid, shameful performance. The club has fallen into a fecking disgraceful state and there's no end in sight.

AngliaRed

It appears Jose was right, the players are shite! Thats why he played the likes of Fellaini and Mctominay etc over “established” players.. because they put 100% in every game regardless of their technical ability. Jose may of been toxic with regards to his man management, but today just shows the many numptys on here who said “ if players are happy they will perform etc”. They haven’t and they wont.

OGS has came in, laughing and joking with the players, which is fine when you’re winning, we’re the worst we’ve been since Moyes maybe on par so OGS has to find his balls and make the correct decisions for Wednesday and with transfers.

The Irish Connection

As long as we don’t get relegated again like after busby we will be doing alright.
Can see ole being moved on in a year and another reset happening then.
Please no to the Saudis.

extincti fugax hominum

Carbon copy of the 3-0 defeat to Everton away under Van Gaal (in his first season). De Gea fecking up, back pass etc. Even the mistakes and culprits are similar :lol:

Swearing Budgie

Great effort from the lads. Really unlucky and what about that fecking ref?

Bring on City!!!

BlackBen

Reality Checked.

Now Ole shouldn't wait for pre-season to access these clowns, they've given their best auditions they can give, get rid of most of them ASAP.

And I hope he doesn't sing the tune of not signing 7 players anymore because that's exactly what we need and more.

Gopher Brown

I knew we were bad but this was something else.

The game plan seemed to be Smalling and Lindelof/Jones pass it square a few times then launch it forward to Lukaku who was being marked by 4 players. Unbelievably poor from a tactical point of view as well as effort.

Ole needs to sort this and quickly. The players need to feck off and quickly.

baskinginthesun

You can accept losing to Barcelona 3-0 but, 4-0 to Everton is a bit tough. One of the most dismal performances I have ever seen from United.

Betson

I am sure we will get a few social media posts from players of them laughing and smiling doing a funny dance , that will cheer us all up.

Player Ratings

2.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Everton 0:2 Man Utd