PL W FA Premier League

Everton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2020

Gator Nate

I admit I am anti Fred and again I just dont get it. Got spun off the ball at the end which was clear chance for them to equalize.
Jogs everywhere. I try to look for what others see “passing between the lines” but see nothing but a player constantly behind play,always ball watching,cannot shoot for sh*t. I hope to be proven wrong.
Well, for what it's worth, not only did Fred have the most pass attempts in the game at 67, the only player with a higher completion percentage of 91% was Tuanzebe, who was 5 of 5. He also had 2 key passes (only Rashford had more at 4). He was disposessed 4 times, just like Bruno and Rashford. He took no shots, which was probably a good thing. Defensively, he had two tackles (along with AWB, Bruno had three), and an interception. Frankly, he was the second or third best player behind Bruno.

Tapori

Two touch maximum for Fred and Scott in midfield works wonders. Whoever put a gun to their head to do that this game deserves a lot of credit. To be good at 2 touches in midfield you have to master your body’s shape and first touch. Fred and Scott been taking a lot of notes from VDB.

The quicker they sort their body out, the quicker they found Marcus, tony and Bruno in the holes. The quicker you got to have a chance to attack them while they were somewhat unsettled in defensive shape.

Simple, effective attacking football.

I can’t wait till we get a strong attacking right back. He’s such a bottleneck going forward. He dribbles a football like an athletic basketball player trying to play football
This. 2 touch maximum!
Maguire needs a pass-clock of 3 seconds. Hot Potato. NOW

Craig Ward

Much better.

Shame we need to hit rock bottom before the players play with a bit of intent.

Still flaws but a 3-1 away to Everton is a great result.

Martial and Mata had stinkers - and we still looked solid enough.

Fred is the key to that midfield - he's becoming a vital player. Drop McTom for Donny and thats the best midfield we could field with Fernandes ahead.

As ever - we just need to be consistent

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Same as how he awarded us a pen.
Haha. We could talk about this forever. If he didn't call for a foul on Pickford, he should have called for that double foul on Maguire, which was obvious for all to see.

R'hllor

Haha. We could talk about this forever. If he didn't call for a foul on Pickford, he should have called for that double foul on Maguire, which was obvious for all to see.
Yea, if he called a foul on Maguire, he should have called foul Pickford which was clear as day before that and usually there is an order of events.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
VAR could have potentially ruled out the penalty on review if he had given the pen... depends on "clear and obvious" bollocks I guess.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Maguire getting round-housed in the stomach might be one of the most comical fouls I've ever seen not given. Couldn't believe how much better some of the team performed compared to a few days earlier; Fred, Bruno (even though he was like a mad man), Shaw, and Maguire especially. Hard to believe it was the same set of players. I have no idea what causes our roller coaster form anymore and I've given up trying.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Delighted that Trump was beaten.
Delighted we beat Everton.
Depressed to think Bruno is off to Real or Barca next summer.
Its inevitable.
It's how it works. Top players deserve to be competing for the highest honors.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

Good result and very pleased with the response to giving away such a soft goal. BUT! How in the hell did we leave Doucoure absolutely free in the middle of the box right at the end? And even more amazingly, how the hell did he completely miss? And our defending is even more shocking there because he was free in the box for the exact same situation about two minutes prior!

We were extremely lucky not to throw away 2 points there.

I also thought it was bizarre to put Tuanzebe at leftback, but he actually did well there. Was never going to offer much going forward, but he defended well.

I hope Shaw isn't out for too long. Don't need him putting on any extra weight.

And I hope Pogba is motivated by this and uses it as motivation to win back a guaranteed starting role.

Ole deserves some praise I think for having the stones to sit him on the bench in a game when he must have felt his job was on the line.

Gator Nate

Ole deserves some praise I think for having the stones to sit him on the bench in a game when he must have felt his job was on the line.
I agree he deserves praise, but I don't think it's that difficult a choice. Pogba doesn't mesh well in the machine Ole wants to operate.

fps

I admit I am anti Fred and again I just dont get it. Got spun off the ball at the end which was clear chance for them to equalize.
Jogs everywhere. I try to look for what others see “passing between the lines” but see nothing but a player constantly behind play,always ball watching,cannot shoot for sh*t. I hope to be proven wrong.
I keep seeing little improvements. I like that. If he can get it through midfield centrally as he did against Everton, United are in business. We’re awful down the flanks.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Delighted that Trump was beaten.
Delighted we beat Everton.
Depressed to think Bruno is off to Real or Barca next summer.
Its inevitable.
Real or Barca don't have the moeny to buy Fernandeds.

I can absolutely see Paul Pogba being on his way out though. He's playing sooo poorly, the club at this point in the season have no incentive to renew his contract if this is the type of contribution he's going to give.

Danillaco

Mata played RW at Valencia.

Not saying DVB couldn't do it but it's more of a gamble.
I know he played, but he's not doing it now at United. And against Everton, my perception, is that we could have a much more capable player to play his role in that game. Not tracking back and letting Awb to hang especially was very worrisome.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I know he played, but he's not doing it now at United. And against Everton, my perception, is that we could have a much more capable player to play his role in that game. Not tracking back and letting Awb to hang especially was very worrisome.
That definitely never happened, Mata worked back the entire game - it's the one thing you can definitely rely on him for at RW over someone like Mason, he'll always put the work in going backwards.

theklr

Is it just me or are both Fred and McT starting to get some good offensive passes on? If they can continue that I think our midfield is set going forward , even against low blocks.

Because "progressive passing" seems to have been the biggest achilles heel with those two earlier.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 77% of 351 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw