EL D Europa League Round of 16 1st Leg

FC Rostov 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 09 March 2017

Siorac

It was Jones who reacted slowly and stayed in keeping him onside. OI thought Romero probably could have come out quicker and gathered but ultimately it was Jones at fault. I still think he is probably our best centre half though so i think we can forgive him one mistake.
Seriously? I can understand someone saying he's not as bad as his harshest critics would suggest but damn, this is some claim. Or do you think our CBs are all just different shades of shite?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Don't think that's the point he was alluding to.

That team have only lost to AM at home and did beat Bayern Munich, which must have been a huge shock to the arrogant bastards.

Not a great match but Jose picked a team to do a spoiling job on a poor pitch against a team of competitors.
Wasn't quite job done but I strongly fancy us to give them a hiding on our pitch
I thought we were both being a bit tongue in cheek. Though, I didn't realize they gave Atletico Madrid a beating.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It was Jones who reacted slowly and stayed in keeping him onside. OI thought Romero probably could have come out quicker and gathered but ultimately it was Jones at fault. I still think he is probably our best centre half though so i think we can forgive him one mistake.
Jones is a good CB but not the smartest. Bailly has the most talent imo.

Bailly
Jones
Smalling
Blind
Rojo

The problem is theres no clear best for me at the moment but EB could become a star.

AndyMUFC

Awful pitch and an awful game which contribute to it being a really though place to go to so it was a good result and the we've got the physical options to deal with this sort of game for the most part. Hopefully get an early goal at Old Trafford and we should be alright.

red_john

Felt like a pre season game. Looked like the players couldn't wait for it to finish and get back home. Thankfully no injuries and Miki back playing is crucial to our success.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
What a contrast of two matches and two teams. I watched Barca vs PSG on Wednesday night and then Rostov vs ManUtd on Thursday night. The difference in talent is just so immense.

Mihai

Very good result, we went and scored an away goal and that was probably the most important thing. Disappointed to concede the way that we did, people slagging off Phil Jones after one mistake is a bit OTT but then again the caf wouldn't be the caf without the idiots.
Agree, it's not like he makes at least one mistake per game. Isn't it?

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 357 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Rostov win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Rostov 1:1 Man Utd
  • 17% Rostov 0:1 Man Utd