PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 November 2023

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sorry, what?
Oliver, England and the third one. K something. When they go refereeing in the UAE, who do you think is the one paying them? There's so much conflict of interest in football now and the football authorities aren't doing anything about it.

justsomebloke

Oliver, England and the third one. K something. When they go refereeing in the UAE, who do you think is the one paying them? There's so much conflict of interest in football now and the football authorities aren't doing anything about it.
Looked it up. Wow. That seems a pretty clear conflict of interest, yes.

justsomebloke

Match report now out on fbref. Fulham vs. Manchester United Match Report – Saturday November 4, 2023 | FBref.com

Here's a notable: Our finishing was actually pretty good, considering the chances we created. The post-shot xG from the five shots that went on goal is much higher than the xG (1.27 to 0.7). In other words, we created more of a goal threat from our finishes than you typically get from all of the shots we had. So in this game at least, the problem wasn't our finishing but rather that few chances were created.

Also notable; McTominay much more involved (a far cry from his infamous 9 passes game recently), and Garnacho and Bruno markedly dominant across most categories reflecting attacking involvement.

FrenchRed

Utter dross. We played terribly without purpose, saved again by a moment of brilliance. Other than a 'W' in the record, I see no redeeming features to this win, just papering over the cracks.

gaffs

Utter dross. We played terribly without purpose, saved again by a moment of brilliance. Other than a 'W' in the record, I see no redeeming features to this win, just papering over the cracks.
I agree, it was a poor performance. Still can't control a game or the ball. Resorting to direct play. As usual, having to resort to moments of brilliance from our superior players against a lesser team.

But there were signs there that the players are still putting it in for the manager, when the belief was that some were not behind him.

Won't be pretty, but for me, we have to just win the next two and hope that post the international break we can start showing some cohesive team performances.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I did not know about that. That is for sure corruption, mate. I'll go search on that, thanks.
It's on of the things Liverpool took great issue with as the VAR referee that didn't allow the legal Diaz goal had been reffing in UAE mere hours before the match so not only was there issues with perhaps fitness and awareness but also corruption as not only do the are there relations between the UAE ruling families but the Abu Dhabi top dogs (president, City owners, UAE FA rulers) are all from the same family so the seperation between City and PL referee payments is only 2 nodes.

It's amazing to think about why a bigger deal isn't being made of it but when you look at all the City charges, the PSG charges that amounted to nothing, the loose ownership rules, the FIFA corruption and UEFA cronyism it's blatant for anyone to see how corrupt the sport really is.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 249 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fulham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Fulham 1:2 Man Utd