PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 November 2023

klsv

Rashford did not have the look of a player who failed a late fitness test.
What gave it away? You're like my friend who is a vet. Every time I show her a picture of a cute fat cat, she tells me the cat probably has a kidney disease or something.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
In my 40+ years following United, this is up there with some of the worst drivel I've ever seen. Not 1 player on the pitch I'd ever get excited about.
Thought that Garnacho was awesome. His final ball was awful, but his general play was exciting.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
There was a few long balls to Hojlund but its not as it we went long all day. There was probably more diagonals from Maguire to Garnacho.
Which in my book is playing it long, 60-70 yard passes are long

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You thought he was awesome but admit his final ball was awful :lol:
Yeah. His general play is exciting. He messed up most of his good work, but he's creating chances.

If Hojlund and Antony played as good as him in attack, we'd score plenty.

Cantonagotmehere

So happy we won, and happy for Bruno. He did not play well besides the goal. He's knackered. Too many games, please get him some rest.

Garnacho was exciting, great ball for the bullshite VAR takeaway goal. Really believed we deserved to win because that fecking putrid call vs United, again.

I am positive, not bashing players type of fan....but Antony cannot play for United again for a while. He is killing us.

Eriksen only as a super sub please. He could not even make simple passes today, truly dreadful.

RoyH1

Always happy to see my team win, but that wasn't the nicest 3 points we've ever won.

Cantonagotmehere

Announcers and studio twats so disappointed we won, fecking holes.

Bullshit VAR again. Whatever happened to “clear and obvious”? 3 1/2 minutes reviewing every goddamn angle means it was nothing of the sort. VAR continues to kill the game. Just like last week we should have 100 penalties given to us for the foul they called on us, and a 100 ruled out for grappling. It’s ridiculous.

Bruno our best and worst player.
Garnacho offered more in that game than Rashford all season.
Evans our best center back.
Glad to have AWB back, but why play Dalot over Reguilón? Bad decision.
Eriksen left on about 15 minutes too long.
Our shape and attack improved with Mount and Pellistri.
Højlund ran his balls off, just need to feed the beast. At least Garnacho played him in a couple times. Did Antony complete a pass to a forward player?
Onana with some good saves.
Scrappy win but one we deserved thoroughly, we dominated the game , created more chances, announcers can get rekt.
Great post mate. 80%+ of the matches I listen to the ABU bias is insane. I cannot even listen. I try and see if there is a spanish language version playing.

One thing, Eriksen was real bad today. Needs back to super sub role. His passing, his strength was way off.

So happy for Bruno, but he's so tired. Needs a break that he would never ask for. Too many simple mistake.

For sure Garnacho (assist today for bull shit VAR goal) over Rashford all day long.

TheRedHearted

MoM has to be McT or Maguire.

Bruno scores our goal, but was very poor. Højlund would score goals if he was playing for an attacking team - right now he has to create his own chances. Eriksen had one of his worst games for us today.

I really miss Shaw. And we need a DM, again.
McTominay was so agressive and also tidy with the ball, he’s better off as a second striker below Hojland but he’s playing a little deeper.

Bruno needed the confidence. I think it’ll be huge. Isn’t Palinha a dm?
Where were you when United kept a clean sheet? :)

Fulham is a poor side and that's the only reason United got a win today. Some encouraging performances from Maguire, Evans and AWB though, but the lack of creativity is a big big problem. Ending the season with a negative goalscore is an actual possibility. Crazy.
Ivan Toney in January it is for me.. 4-4-2
Which in my book is playing it long, 60-70 yard passes are long
Way more efficient to bring the ball up the field that way than always trying to through midfield

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Everyone else has had their say. I watched game with an oppo supporter. Delicious ending. Tough choice, MOTM - I see why Maguire would deserve it; Bruno too. AWB and Onana there too. Players I thought below par were Antony - Garnacho struggled to beat his man, but never gave up. I like McT; the VAR to deny him his goal was absurd in my view. Perfectly good goal. Tremendous character to come back from that. I’m in a minority here I know. But I think this is a likeable version of United. I admire and trust this manager. I love Bruno. I want to see this crop come good. Come on hurry up and help behind the scenes Mr Ratcliffe.

Wing Attack Plan R

McTominay was so agressive and also tidy with the ball, he’s better off as a second striker below Hojland but he’s playing a little deeper.

Bruno needed the confidence. I think it’ll be huge. Isn’t Palinha a dm?

Ivan Toney in January it is for me.. 4-4-2

Way more efficient to bring the ball up the field that way than always trying to through midfield
I forgot all about Toney. He’d be great for us.

Ibrahimorich

That was about a 4/10 performance. Which was a massive step up from the last 2 games.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Give me a break. VAR is broken for sure.
That call was the right call. VAR has its problem but Fulham would have been robbed. It getting missed every now and then, does not make it a wrong call.
VAR has done us enough with actual bad decisions but this is not one of them.

NZT-One

Flashback to a year ago. A little disappointing but at least 3 points. Very good game for Maguire, Evans and Onana. That looked really solid. Eriksen was crazy bad in my eyes. I really hope that means he is out for CL. When Iwobi looks like a Iniesta-Yaya hybrid against you, you know the shit is cooking.

George The Best

Why on earth the fans voted Bruno as MOTM is beyond me. Did very little all game until his fortunate winner. Maguire was comfortably our best player, Onana and AWB came next imo.

Wazzaduke33

Antony was dreadful, like super super super bad. His attitude stinks, not sure he’s got a future with us at all

justsomebloke

Big picture: Doesn't move the needle, at all. Fits right into the season picture, just like the preceding game did: Playing good teams we get blasted and lose by two or more, playing lower half teams we can eke out a hard-fought 1-goal win. There's still not a single exception to this in 11 PL games.

Game itself: Incredible mediocre first half, decent second. Onana, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Garnacho and Bruno (but only if you factor in the goal) good. Dalot, Evans, McTominay, Højlund more or less decent. Eriksen and Antony very weak.

xG 0.70, which makes this one of the season's worst performances in terms of scoring chances created. And worse than Fulham (1.18).

justsomebloke

Why on earth the fans voted Bruno as MOTM is beyond me. Did very little all game until his fortunate winner. Maguire was comfortably our best player, Onana and AWB came next imo.
Not surprised actually, though he clearly had a subpar game by his standards. The competition wasn't exactly fierce. And even when he's below par, the good things he does, big and small, do add up. And the goal reasonably has to weigh in heavily there.

justsomebloke

Flashback to a year ago. A little disappointing but at least 3 points. Very good game for Maguire, Evans and Onana. That looked really solid. Eriksen was crazy bad in my eyes. I really hope that means he is out for CL. When Iwobi looks like a Iniesta-Yaya hybrid against you, you know the shit is cooking.
Curious what you saw from Evans there that would warrant the description "very good"? He didn't mess up, but he also didn't leave much of an imprint on the game as far as I could tell.

justsomebloke

Rashford did not have the look of a player who failed a late fitness test. All those calling for Ten Hag to discipline in private, there’s your exhibit A. Dropped him for his party after being humiliated by City. Rashford will have to up his game to regain his spot. I didn’t miss him at all out there today.
No, I think Garnacho may have won himself a starter's spot there. Other than Rashford against Arsenal and Forest, that was probably the best we've seen on the left wing this season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maguire good. AWB good. Good goal from Bruno of course. Pellistri with a good performance as well leading to the goal but also intercepting balls and threatening from the right gave us some balance.
Before AWB’s injury, I thought him and Pellestri were developing a good understanding but then AWB got injured. Now that they are back together hope that it’s something they can develop

NZT-One

Curious what you saw from Evans there that would warrant the description "very good"? He didn't mess up, but he also didn't leave much of an imprint on the game as far as I could tell.
Can see your point. Maguire was clearly the more eyecatching of the two and yes, Evans didn't really stood out. But I think, the combination of those 3 players looked really solid and never in too much of a struggle. But yeah granted, expectations might have changed a little.

justsomebloke

Before AWB’s injury, I thought him and Pellestri were developing a good understanding but then AWB got injured. Now that they are back together hope that it’s something they can develop
Don't really see it with Pellistri - there just doesn't seem to be much end product.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Don't really see it with Pellistri - there just doesn't seem to be much end product.
Pellestri's end product today was forcing a mistake that ended in the goal being scored, he did more in 10 mins than Antony has done in the last 3 games

Alemar

Give me a break. VAR is broken for sure.
It’s not broken, it’s corrupt. There are way too many mistakes (all of which are against us), whereas there are just as many cases where same situations are judged differently for certain other teams.

fallengt

It was the right decision, eventually. Don’t turn this place into RAWK
VAR can only interfere if there's "clear and obvious" error. If they need 5 minutes review then another 5m for ref to check it then it's not "clear" error. Goal should've stood regardless of whenever it was right call or not.

You want VAR to review every shirt pulling during corner kick?

justsomebloke

Pellestri's end product today was forcing a mistake that ended in the goal being scored, he did more in 10 mins than Antony has done in the last 3 games
Yeah well, if he could get a pass to the intended recipient every now and then too, it'd start looking like something.

Coops73

It’s not broken, it’s corrupt. There are way too many mistakes (all of which are against us), whereas there are just as many cases where same situations are judged differently for certain other teams.
Where we’re concerned I’m starting to think this is the case

Cantonagotmehere

VAR can only interfere if there's "clear and obvious" error. If they need 5 minutes review then another 5m for ref to check it then it's not "clear" error. Goal should've stood regardless of whenever it was right call or not.

You want VAR to review every shirt pulling during corner kick?
I think fans like him do. It's madness.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 249 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fulham 2:0 Man Utd