PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Huddersfield Town

Post-match discussion

Sat, 03 February 2018

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 1:0 Huddersfield - Lukaku (55')

Man Utd 2:0 Huddersfield - Sanchez (68')

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Decent 3 points. Sanchez is great great player. Worth every penny.

Minimalist

Made hard work of that.

At least Sanchez looked bright - real spark about him.

Nick7

They were absolutely filthy. Number of players that made multiple tackles worthy of yellows.

Anyway, decent game. We controlled it and broke them down when required. Done the job.

ash_86

Loved the energy, pressing, passion and commitment to do better. This is win made me happy than the other 4 nothing we've won before this season.

Also, Sanchez is fecking class!!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Rarely seen a team as bad as Huddersfield play against United. Individually, they are wretched. They repeatedly gave us the ball back.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could easily have won by more. Sanchez is a different class. Dropping Pogba is saying that you have to do what I tell you or else.

el3mel

Think that's the first time for ages I see United cornering a team in the final third and forcing short passes in tight spaces to create something or force a mistake rather than taking the easy lame solutions.

Don't know what people in matchday thread were smoking but I saw many tries for attacking combinations, link up and one-two combos between the attacker players that look encouraging for the upcoming game.

Easy game anyway but was fun to watch.

Kapardin

Made a pig's ear of it in the first half, but better second half.

Sanchez MOTM. Everyone else played at the levels we are accustomed to seeing. Alexis is elevating our team.

Thank goodness we won. I want to see how Auba and Mkhi play for Arsenal tonight and a draw would have killed my mood.

AngliaRed

I hope them cnuts get relegated! Foul after foul!

Good overall performance apart from Valencia who offers no end product whatsoever!

Sanchez is on another level already. Great game from him, ran himself into the ground.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Huddersfield pricks kicked us around the field today. It makes all the more infuriating when you consider they didn't lay a glove on Liverpool midweek, merely pulling down their britches and handing Klopp the vaseline. Utter wankers. I hope they lose every single game they play from now until May.

stu_1992

Good performance. Good result. Sanchez impressed me throughout and I really enjoyed watching him at times today, and see nice to see him off the mark. Probably should have gotten a few more but that's a minor complaint. Definitely denied a penalty in the first half. All in all, quite pleased.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Apart from Lukaku, I quite liked the professionalism shown in that performance. Very tight display and we played at a high tempo.

Solid workmanlike performance as the lineup suggested, against a shocking opposition. Sanchez looked class although thats the second game hes been fouled off the pitch. Pogba answered Jose pretty well in his 30 minutes.

prateik

Always in control. Took time to break them down, but we didnt step it up till the start of the second half either.

Easy match.
Sanchez has a poor penalty record.. He got his goal, now hope someone else takes the penalties in the future.

Irrational.

Our players need to start showing a bit more bottle and attitude when playing against teams that like to rough the opposition up. Just take a booking and clean one of the cnuts out - teams like Spurs and Huddersfield need to be shown we won't be bullied. Too many times we're roughed up and we pussy out.

Greck

Won't get excited till I start seeing some fluidity to us. Till then reliance on moments of individual brilliance will continue to get found out in the big games

And sanchez is class.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm sorry Pogba, but this is Alexis Sanchez' team now. This is going to be fun to watch for the next few years.

I'm amazed Mou actually subbed Lukaku out. About time as he needs rest here and there to keep sharp.

I really hope Martial and Rashford learn from Sanchez.

koop

Dirty Huddersfield can't deal with Sanchez.

The guy is amazing. More of that please.

The whole team played well, good bounce back game.

Raw

Also a very important result to help us stay in the top 4 considering Liverpool play Spurs tomorrow.

Kag

We were better second half, but fecking hell we're shite going forward.

Same problems exist and they will only emerge again.

Bogga

How the hell did we lose to this team earlier in the season?

Canagel

Huddersfield are a bunch of cnuts. Players, manager, fans. I hope they go down. Sanchez spent more time on the ground than on his feet today the way they were taking turns to foul him. Come to think of it Sanchez has been targeted since he came here. Yeovil and Spurs were fouling him a lot too. Really good he scored after the penalty was saved.

space

Excellent in the second half. Matic was brilliant throughout I thought

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Huddersfield were a disgrace, honestly felt like they were actively trying to injure our players. The lads handled it like pros.

Big improvement from the Spurs game, a lot more desire and intensity on show. Should have been more than 2-0 though.

Matic played his best game for months and was my MotM. Sanchez a close second.

redom

Job done, still think we can be much better in the final third but perhaps we're still adjusting and figuring out how to get the best out of Sanchez, maybe we'll see him up front and on the right in the coming games to see if we work better with him in a different role.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 3:0 Huddersfield
  • 20% Man Utd 4:0 Huddersfield