PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 6:2 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 December 2020

Idxomer

Every great team performance has come without Pogba. The midfield balance is in complete harmony with Fred/Scott/Bruno. It was the trio that won us the record breaking streak last season and is the main reason for our success this season
No, it wasn't this trio. You need to check again last season and see how much they played together.

Chief123

Found this absolute gem on YouTube. It’s a Leeds fan watch along. The expectancy to “smash us” and “Phillips to kill Bruno Fernandes” to then hit the pitts so suddenly within a couple of minutes! :lol: :lol:

The best part is the guy who’s with his wife having to be restrained by his wife when McSauce scores the second goal. She had to go offline:lol::lol::lol:

Match kicks off around 1:30:00

redmanx

No, it wasn't this trio. You need to check again last season and see how much they played together.
Pogba only played towards the very end of that winning streak, the end of which coincided with his return. Im not saying this happened because Pogba played but his return unsettled the entire team. I really hope I never see Pogba play for us again, despite what Ole says, and I wouldnt be surprised if Ole said it because he was instructed to in order we dont appear too keen to get rid of Pogba and let clubs think we'll let him go for a song. Personally I think we should off load him to the first bid that comes along.

Gator Nate

Found this absolute gem on YouTube. It’s a Leeds fan watch along. The expectancy to “smash us” and “Phillips to kill Bruno Fernandes” to then hit the pitts so suddenly within a couple of minutes! :lol: :lol:

The best part is the guy who’s with his wife having to be restrained by his wife when McSauce scores the second goal. She had to go offline:lol::lol::lol:

High comedy, that is. :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

That is great when the 2nd goes in around 1:34 :lol:

Sea-Cow

It takes no effort to come in this thread and give a well done post to the team. Doesnt have to be original or imaginative. There are suspicions that posters get so invested in certain arguments (ie Ole in or out) that they struggle to enjoy victories as much. Everybody denies that, but it doesnt help the cause when this thread is 7 pages and the losses reach 30 within hours. It makes this forum look toxic
I can only speak for myself but it isn't really that complicated, and not nearly as interesting as some of the amateur Freuds on here would like it to be.

When we lose or have a negative result, I am usually in a very poor mood. I don't really want to do anything except sit around and rage. And misery loves company, so I come on here and rage a bit with others who are going through something similar.

When we win or have a positive result, I am in a good mood, and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of my computer. I am more inclined to go be active and do something else besides read and comment on a forum. I usually stop back by of course after a few days and join in, but immediately after I don't really think about the Caf.

alexthelion

Bielsa named McTominay and Fred as the biggest difference maker in this game.

:drool: The two players his side couldn't cope/deal with, not Bruno, not James, not Rashford.
Not a surprise really as he had one player between his forwards and defenders, sometimes none at all.

He almost sounds surprised that the opposition midfielders were influential.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Nice insight to what is actually said on the pitch. Great from Lindelof @09.15.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Nice insight to what is actually said on the pitch. Great from Lindelof @09.15.
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed that. The camera angles are fantastic and without crowd noise, it looks like mens football in the park, albeit at a very high level!

Yeah, hearing our players talk with one another certainly challenges the narrative that our team are all just nice boys whom don't have character or winning mentality. But that should be totally disproven anyway given how many times we've won from being behind and our away record. In fact I'd say Ole has cultivated one of the most resilient teams in the premier league.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed that. The camera angles are fantastic and without crowd noise, it looks like mens football in the park, albeit at a very high level!

Yeah, hearing our players talk with one another certainly challenges the narrative that our team are all just nice boys whom don't have character or winning mentality. But that should be totally disprove given how many time we've won from being behind and our away record. In fact I'd say Ole has cultivated one of the most resilient teams in the premier league.
Yeah it just makes you wonder what is said in the dressing room too, especially after a crushing defeat. Whatever is said about Solskjaer, you can't ever say the players aren't playing for him or are not on board with the process.

I also think Karen Shotbolt must have one of the best/safest gigs at United.

Mickson

Yeah, hearing our players talk with one another certainly challenges the narrative that our team are all just nice boys whom don't have character or winning mentality. But that should be totally disproven anyway given how many times we've won from being behind and our away record. In fact I'd say Ole has cultivated one of the most resilient teams in the premier league.
Have you played football? That's not anything special at all. Every random team I have played for behaves exactly like this. Not saying that United doesn't have characters. Just that this video doesn't confirm that at all. Great insight though.

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 92% of 398 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw