PL D FA Premier League

Leeds United 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 25 April 2021

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thanks, fixed it.

Never said it was a good result, but it wasn't a horrible one either. I allways expect to win these kind of fixtures and was dissapointed we didn't. We owned the game and played against a team that was all about not letting us play football, and agree we should have punished them, but our performance was not as bad as some claims it was. Looking back now, it was an ok result against a team that's shown it can make it hard for you.
What would you call City's 1-2 against 10 of them at home if this was abysmal from us?
Too simplistic to draw comparisons between performance against other sides. On our style and performance, we’ve been comfortably better than Leeds twice. Being a traditional rival I find it crazy that we played it like a draw was good

Smores

Both teams could have scored if they went for it but instead it was just tedium.

We lack a real sense of any creativity as soon as the other team doesn't leave gaping holes. Too many safe easy passes which just led to aimless none threatening shots. We need to learn to circulate the ball and use take ons and quick movement to create space.

AWB did well but i couldn't really point to anyone else having a good game.

Marcus

If Donny came on earlier, there would have been more fluidity in our attack.

Manc_white

Supports
Leeds united
Leeds were set up to spoil the game, man marking Bruno and shutting out the supply.
Worked well but made for a very very dull game.
You do realise Leeds man mark everyone don’t you. It was no different because it was him.

dal

You think we’ll be signing Grealish and a top striker?
If we sell Pogba and Martial we should replace them with Grealish and a top striker.

If Cavani leaves then replace him with a backup.

I think it’s quite realistic as it stands.

Gator Nate

Yeah, it wasn't a great game, it wasn't a great result, but...

Another clean sheet.

We still have the best form in the league over the last five games.

We still have a stupid long unbeaten run in the league right now.

We're still in second.

Leeds were thugs yesterday, but they also played very good defense. We had opportunities, had shots, and should have won that game. I don't lay this on Ole nor his substitutions - we had chances and didn't make the best of them. 16 shots, 4 on target. Can't bury one? Not Ole's fault, the players on the field at the moment had the opportunities.

Anywho, hope the Roma game is much better, and it should be.

Let's see how the Leicester game goes today, but I still feel pretty good about keeping 2nd in the league. We still have our head-to-head against them, so we still control it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You do realise Leeds man mark everyone don’t you. It was no different because it was him.
Not really true though, I don't doubt you know your own team but I haven't seen Leeds set up in that way all season.
Certainly against City you didn't, very compact but Philips didn't sit on one player the whole game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Villa-City midweek killed off any slim hope we had of a title surge, now all about Europa and consolidating 2nd.

All in all, this weekend arguably helped both those causes.

simplyared

Taking into account it was goalless, I thought it was quite entertaining. Ole too late with his substitions again. Still can't understand why Pogba spends more time on the bench than on the field. :rolleyes:

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
"Tediously slow tempo"? There was no lack of tempo in this game.
So that was Utd going for it at full pelt was it?

If you believe that there was no lack of tempo then, even as a City fan tempted to encourage your delusion for nothing but the comedy, I can kindly advise you that you’ve never seen your team at anything like it’s magnificent best because, compared to Utd doing what Utd did, in it’s pomp, it was positively languid.
Talk to your older brethren, those who saw Utd at full pelt, and they’ll square your reality for you.

David Bartley

We were much better when James was on the pitch - than we were with Pogba so that was not the problem today.
I thought James was dreadful - as he usually is. Hate to say that but he really doesn't have the quality. That, or he has a severe lack of confidence.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I just watched the match and after reading some of these posts I was expecting a boring draw. What a great match and one of our best performances of the season. The only thing missing were a couple of goals and that's football sometimes. We should go into the rest of our matches with great confidence.

- AWB was very good and might be the best right back by next season. His attacking play is growing each week
- Greenwood looked sharp but just couldn't shoot well
- Defense very good again and Henderson a lock as number 1
- Rashford just a touch away so many times
- Our passing combinations were top notch many times
- I though that should have been a handball on Shaw

If you didn't like that performance and think Ole is not taking us in the right direction, well....(I could say something very derogatory but I won't).

justsomebloke

So that was Utd going for it at full pelt was it?

If you believe that there was no lack of tempo then, even as a City fan tempted to encourage your delusion for nothing but the comedy, I can kindly advise you that you’ve never seen your team at anything like it’s magnificent best because, compared to Utd doing what Utd did, in it’s pomp, it was positively languid.
Talk to your older brethren, those who saw Utd at full pelt, and they’ll square your reality for you.
Yeah sonny, I've supported United since the late 70s, so I don't think I need to. No one's said that was "United going at full pelt", just that it was not a particularly slow game. And if you can't make a point without rolling out strawmen and being an arrogant prick, don't bother.

Gator Nate

I just watched the match and after reading some of these posts I was expecting a boring draw. What a great match and one of our best performances of the season. The only thing missing were a couple of goals and that's football sometimes. We should go into the rest of our matches with great confidence.

- AWB was very good and might be the best right back by next season. His attacking play is growing each week
- Greenwood looked sharp but just couldn't shoot well
- Defense very good again and Henderson a lock as number 1
- Rashford just a touch away so many times
- Our passing combinations were top notch many times
- I though that should have been a handball on Shaw

If you didn't like that performance and think Ole is not taking us in the right direction, well....(I could say something very derogatory but I won't).
Yeah sonny, I've supported United since the late 70s, so I don't think I need to. No one's said that was "United going at full pelt", just that it was not a particularly slow game. And if you can't make a point without rolling out strawmen and being an arrogant prick, don't bother.
Glad I'm not the only one. Seems if we don't score at least three goals (and half the time when we do), the game gets slagged off as slow and boring. This game was NOT slow, we just kept getting stuffed in the box. Credit to Leeds' defense, but we should have gotten a couple.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd