PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 2:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 February 2022

redmanx

Coming here late following yesterday's game and very surprised at the low number of posts for what was a cracking old fashioned slug fest.

I came today to say that I think that if we needed proof that all the rumours of unrest in the dressing room were not true yesterday proved it for certain.

Yesterday, it was cold, and windy and absolutely pouring down, the pitch was waterlogged and negated any chance of top class football, the crowd was hostile, Leeds run and run and run, and tackles were flying in and sliding in non-stop.

If there was a day for anyone who wasn't totally committed to the cause to hide, Sunday would have been that day. And nobody on the team hid. Everybody ran and tackled and got stuck in.

Sure Pogba may leave for whatever reason, more commission for his agent or Champions League football, Ronaldo will probably leave for CL football if we don't get it. Jessie wants to play every week, fair play to him.

But yesterday they all played and gave it everything to a man - everyone on the pitch.

That was a determined team performance and said everything I need to know about whether or not the players are committed to their job, the club and the manager for the 90 minutes they are on the pitch.
Agreed; conditions were dreadful, the crowd hostile, the game frenzied, but our players stuck to their task, in the main. I drove to Leeds more in hope of a result rather than expectation, Im glad our win and performance made the drive home slightly more enjoyable!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Good match to watch and am happy with the result.

My positives
- Good response when 2-2 and it shows there is some fight and spirit in the team
- Bruno had one of his better games and hope it continues
- Pogba was good and I think one of the reasons he came off was for Wedensday

My negatives
- McT could have had red and I think he is a miserable human being on the pitch. It took forever for him to check on the player bleeding on the ground and this is pretty standard for him. I view him as a bully and dirty and this is not the United way.
- Bruno's feigning injury is getting old and is approaching Ronaldo levels in 2008. He needs to clean up his act soon.
- Ronaldo was just not involved much which is becoming standard.
- Dan James played pretty well and probably better than at any time at United. I could even say he is a more effective player than Rashford right now. This does not reflect well on our training because he is definitely a better player now than when with us.

I'm worried the wet pitch and tough game will affect Wednesday.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Good match to watch and am happy with the result.

My positives
- Good response when 2-2 and it shows there is some fight and spirit in the team
- Bruno had one of his better games and hope it continues
- Pogba was good and I think one of the reasons he came off was for Wedensday

My negatives
- McT could have had red and I think he is a miserable human being on the pitch. It took forever for him to check on the player bleeding on the ground and this is pretty standard for him. I view him as a bully and dirty and this is not the United way.
- Bruno's feigning injury is getting old and is approaching Ronaldo levels in 2008. He needs to clean up his act soon.
- Ronaldo was just not involved much which is becoming standard.
- Dan James played pretty well and probably better than at any time at United. I could even say he is a more effective player than Rashford right now. This does not reflect well on our training because he is definitely a better player now than when with us.

I'm worried the wet pitch and tough game will affect Wednesday.
I don’t think many of his teammates rushed to check his status either?

The Leeds medical staff (the ones trained to check on players bleeding, paid by Leeds) should’ve told (not asked) Bielsa to take him off first time.

I‘d add them as negatives too.

And if the ref let the stamp on McT go and a few tackles by Firpo (which to be honest I was fine with… football is overly sanitised), there’s no way McT should have had a red.

Cantonagotmehere

Proud of the team. That was tough for many reasons. Great win

- That bruno flick...
- Lindelof should play with Varane or Harry
-Very happy for the Captain, great header
- I love Fred, wish he was just slightly better for us technically he can't take us to where we need to go.
- Elanga gets in the right places, hopefully composure will get better and better.

As someone said above , I worry about our fitness for Wednesday. That had to be very tiring.

lex talionis

An epic performance, actually. Flawed without doubt but we battled through the adversity and came out deserving winners over a bitter rival. I am concerned, however, that McTominay is turning into a meathead thug.

All I can say to neutrals is that if you didn’t like this match you don’t like premiership football.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
One of the idiotic posts I have seen. How is he supposed to be saving those all day long? Like how ? Leave the whole goal open and stand at the far post in anticipation of a mishit cross ? Or Grow 2 feet more from the time the ball left rodrigo’s foot till it reaches the goal ?
This is DDG we're talking about who most of the times doesn't leave the goal line so he is expected to save that. For the second goal most goalkeepers would have intercepted the pass being whizzed passed the goal but DDG didn't because he's stuck to the goal line and rarely comes out. Either he's stuck to the goal or proactive in which case he should be saving atleast one of those goals, he can't have it both ways.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I really do wonder what game those attacking McT were watching: seems he's either too soft and ineffectual or should have been sent off; possibly both at the same time. It' a shame Sky no longer has tactics cam which would show just how many attacks he broke up or "clever" fouls he committed. If this had ben Keane or (early days) Ince people will be congratulating him

Devil’s Trident

This is DDG we're talking about who most of the times doesn't leave the goal line so he is expected to save that. For the second goal most goalkeepers would have intercepted the pass being whizzed passed the goal but DDG didn't because he's stuck to the goal line and rarely comes out. Either he's stuck to the goal or proactive in which case he should be saving atleast one of those goals, he can't have it both ways.
I am talking about the first goal, like how is he supposed to save it ? He was standing at the near post and rightly so, the ball whipped in as a cross which goes in wayyy above his head right in the corner at the far post, the ball’s trajectory is not flat it’s a curvy looping ball impossible to predict where it will end up and impossible to catch unless degea runs backwards like a flash as soon as it leaves rodrigo’s left foot or he himself miraculously grows taller to grab it so how is he supposed to save that ?

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 331 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd