PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 08 February 2023

Utuhu

Ten Hag should replace Casemiro with Martinez in the CDM role temporarily.

Tman

Fair game, although it would had been nice had United won. However, the lads showed strong strength of character to get back into the game.

sancho1983

Weghorst and Bruno poor. Fred, oh my word a whole new level of awfulness. Great character to get the draw but a point at home to Leeds is really poor

Brilliant to get Sancho back and scoring. Hope he can kick on now

MUFC OK

Frantic, no composure, panicked bad passing and giving the ball away.
Fair play for coming back from 2-0 down. We have to beat them on sunday. Leeds fought like their lives depended on it.
So much of that was down to no Casemiro. What an idiotic red card in hindsight.

Gurtej

We needed 7 points out of 9 to be comfortable for top 4.

Next managed bounce expected and they gave their all. Apart from some wrong starters in first half, we played a nice second half.

We still can get 7 out of 9, I think we will.

Good thing is that others aiming for top 4 ain’t playing amazing themselves…But these are the games where a proper striker would have won us..

and of course a better midfield depth…

Burkeovic

2 nill down got the draw still a shite result whatever way you look at it need to be beating these clowns if you want to push for the title

youngrell

Gaping hole in our midfield meant we had very little control but we still created enough to get the win. Both of their goals were extremely annoying.

Red Rash

Did Leeds make 6 subs? According to sky sports they did!
From memory I think one of their players came off in the first half with a head injury which gives them an extra sub due to possible concussions

MonkeysMagic

Our forward passing tonight must rank amongst the worst of any PL team this season, it really was that bad. Some of our players, the ones that have been stinking the place out last few seasons really need to go if they can't get the most rudimentary skill I.e. being able to pass to a team mate, right!

Losing not just once but twice from ko must be incredibly frustrating for ETH but Ultimately the reason we might finish the season with no trophies to show for will be in that goals scored column!

And Martial needs to be sold this summer, had enough of this sick note!

Heinzesight

Lacked composure after going a goal down, trying to force it, looking desperate when we had 89 minutes to sort our shit.

So disappointed with the way we came out second half and yeah, it was a lucky goal but we looked sluggish and they were all over us.

Subs were very good and Fred, has some good points, but we got all the bad ones tonight. A fecking calamitous performance.

The thought of the Elland Road crowd is making me feel worried.

Betson

Casemiro's great, but his absence is absolutely his fault today (and for the next two games).

No composure in midfield without either him or Eriksen - although I thought Sabitzer was decent.

If we are that over reliant on Casemiro then the whole thing this season has been made of sand and we have not really progressed at all , we just got lucky and bought a world class player.

We should have been good enough to win tonight without him.

Aditya Mohanty

Notice how we started putting more balls in as soon as Garnacho got subbed and Rashford started playing in the centre. Rashford, Garnacho and Antony prefer to cut in majority of the times.

RaulitoElCrack

Without Casemiro we have zero control of the game. Pretty much ping pong in midfield. Nobody could get hold of it and play with some composure.

Big plus tonight was Sancho, looks hungry and really up for it, wanted the ball everytime and ran at full backs with intent.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Sabitzer must be thinking what the hell did I sign up for playing next to Fred.

troylocker

Frustrating match. So good to see Sancho back and glimpses of what he can do.

Member 125398

Can't fault the effort. We were obviously weak in MF and Leeds took advantage of that well. We got caught cold twice which really shouldn't happen. Shout to the ref who kept a low profile and wasn't dramatic. We probably got the benefit of a couple of decisions tbf.

Dan_F

These next two games are going to be rough in midfield.

Orange Tree

We need a better depth to actually challenge for the title. Fred and Weghorst is not it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Leeds first goal was good fairplay, got some power on that.
Love seeing rashford score headers too

BootsyCollins

Dont know why, and i like Dalot over AWB, but feel we would have won this with AWB on the pitch.
Really happy for Sancho, hope he can build from this.
Rashford from the right is not the same person as Rashford from the middle/left.
Sabitzer looks good.
Fred was poor.
Leeds are diving dirty cnuts.

The Hilton

For all the talk of Leeds deserving it because they worked hard, this was a bit of a robbery really - they created one real chance, scored from a snapshot and an unlucky OG, and we wasted so many chances.

Kopral Jono

We didn't deserve anything from that -- a very poor performance by our current standards. But we deserved a point at Arsenal and Palace away we would have gone home with all three on any other day.

The football law of averages.

Todd

Did not think we'd salvage anything after going down 0-2. Regardless, dropping points at home to a team up for relegation is unacceptable.

And don't blame Fred, blame Casemiro for putting us in this position.

Hanging on to 4th is looking like it'll be a battle now.

delerium

No excuses for that 1st minute goal. Absolutely awful defending and we were way too slack there.

We really missed Casemiro here.

Weghorst is not United quality but unfortunately is not enough for a substitute. I'd prefer Martial there but he can't stay fit. In bigger picture I'd replace both.

Sabitzer is a fine replacement for a player like McTominay, but he doesn't bring Eriksen like creativity, which was needed here especially now that Casemiro also was unavailable.

Rashford was fine, but he should be played on the left or center. Think ETH went wrong here, shouldn't accomodate a newcomer (Garnacho) but an established goalscorer in form in his favorable position.

Sancho --- MOTM FOR ME! Absolutely fantastic to see him back, hopefully he starts from now on!

All in all - at Leeds winning 2-0 I was thinking that if we get a draw, it's a fantastic comeback, and I guess I should be fairly content with that, but the 2-2 goal coming with still at so much in the clock I was hoping for a classic United comeback. Oh well, it didn't come, but I think the whole squad, ETH included, can draw lots of lessons learned from this game coming forward.

I just hope that with Sancho now fit, Rashford will start as 9 with Garnacho playing left and Sancho right (if Antony not ready to play). Or Sancho left and Antony right with Rashford as 9 position, Weghorst just does not cut it!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Were the better side but never looked fully in control or secure when they pressed us. Could have won, could have lost, ended up drawing.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
What a rollercoaster. That was actually pretty entertaining. We’ll get the 3 points on Sunday!

Zlatanator

Garnacho missed two great chances, each provided by Bruno. Only positive from this game is Sancho and Sabitizer.

Wrecking ralf

Clear to see that Weghorst shouldn’t start the next game. Rash up top. Sancho and Anthony either side hopefully. Fred needs Casemiro to play well. I’d rather see Iqbal start ahead of him tbh. Garnacho could have had at least 2 today but it seems games like this he’s better as an impact sub. Pellistri did well. I’d like to see him start a game. Would have been better trying that to rashford on the right today

The team needs a wake up call at the start of each half. Neither of their goals were deserved. We gifted them. We win the next game comfortably I’ll bet. 2 points dropped though

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 263 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Leeds United
  • 25% Man Utd 3:0 Leeds United