PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 17 October 2016

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Well rawk constitute a sizeable fan base of Liverpool online fans (isn't it the biggest online Liverpool forum? ) and that place was in utter meltdown after the Burnley defeat and Henderson on rawk was basically the equivalent of Rooney on the Caf when the latter stinks the place after a game.
Nah. Henderson is highly regarded. Like all forums there are loud individuals and angry reactions to defeats. Henderson is seen as a very good player. Rodney's current status amongst United fans isn't comparable.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I've calmed down a bit but still seevitvas a huge missed opportunity. 1 shot on goal, 1 corner and 35% possession. The one corner we had Fellaini easily won the header, just think if we'd tried to win the game we would have.

Reminds me of when Mourinho brought his Chelsea side to OT early on in the Moyes season, he seemed to overate us massively and again didn't look for anything other than the 0-0 draw, while several lesser teams came to us and left with all 3 points. That made all the difference when Chelsea finished a few points off the leaders.

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
Honestly, the word delusional is the most misused and over-used word on any football forum to describe an opponent's point of view. It's like the word of first resort when we see a statement we don't like. All fans do it. It's part of the superiority that fans encase themselves in; content that the rest of the world is wrong and irrational.

Guess what? We're all wrong and irrational - it's called being a fanatic.
Excellent post. :)

Roosney

Before I get pelters, I thought United were very good for 30 minutes and then began to stand off more and more. But even in that period of control, United didn't play 'good stuff'. They didn't display real quality on the ball or string together a move of distinction. They didn't lay a glove on Liverpool in that period. What they did really well was to spoil Liverpool's rhythm. They pinned them back and shut down passing lanes. It was very well executed but it was a containing job not one of good, flowing football.
I thought we had you in the ropes for a long period in the first half, a United goal was in the air but never materialised. We played some nice one-twos and quick passing inside your third but just couldn't score.
It was more than breaking your rhythm I think.

Roosney

Yeah 4th, my mistake - I don't think you can call it bad luck, your attack was pretty feeble.
@PickledRed Ibra and Pogba had a poor night, if they were up to their standards our cautious plan could have resulted a two nil win.
Said it before that I think we were clearly in control for most of the first half and unlucky/not sharp enough to take our chances.

Brightonian

Can was a worry for me before and during the game. Thankfully he avoided any major brain farts, helped by Utd not being adventurous enough to exploit his obvious flaws. Gini and Lallana would struggle to get into a top 6 side and yet I can't wait for the two of them to return post haste.
I've always really rated Lallana. Never quite been able to understand what I'm missing about him that earns him so much stick.

Brightonian

That is about as inane a comment as you're likely to find on RC today. A vital cog for us so far this season, just because he isn't flash you've ignored/not noticed his contribution to the team.
No I've seen it, I just think it would be depressing given how mediocre he's been over the course of his career as a whole.

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 65% of 746 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 565 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw