FA W FA Cup Quarter-Finals

Manchester United 4:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 March 2024

Superunknown

I'm tempted to get on ITV Player and play the whole thing again. :drool: :drool:

Not sure if my heart or loins can take it.

December_16

It was so confusing. I saw Antony, Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, McTominay, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen all on the pitch, Maguire went up and was attacking as well and couldn't figure out how we set up. I think the Liverpool players were quite confused by that as well.
The YOLO approach. Brilliant when it worked!

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
God I've missed games like that! Epic!I'm in my 60s but I feel like that little lad the cameras were on after Amad's goal!
Well done lads.Bloody well done!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is exactly the narrative in the post-match on my broadcast at the moment, even though they've shown all of our chances as well. Liverpool were in control and fluffed a couple of good counter attacks, but didn't really have any huge chances.
My favourite bit was how poor, brave Liverpool only lost because they were so courageously committing players forward, trying to win the game before penalties.

While we had 7 wingers and attacking mids on the pitch.

Tibs

Honestly the best I’ve felt after a game in bloody ages!!!

AMAD YOU BEAUTYYYYYY

Superunknown

It was so confusing. I saw Antony, Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, McTominay, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen all on the pitch, Maguire went up and was attacking as well and couldn't figure out how we set up. I think the Liverpool players were quite confused by that as well.
It was Prog-Rock style football. I love this 2-5-3 setup that ETH went for, or whatever it was. One minute it was 3 at the back, then it was 4, then it was 2. Pretty sure it was 0 at one point.

"Jusht fhecking schore ladss, heh!"

Ibi Dreams

I love how every player contributed and every player can be proud of what they did out there. A proper team performance, where the players will look at each other and think you fecking bossed it today.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
That win messes up my trip over for the Newcastle match, but I couldn't care less. What a day. Still buzzing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In such a good mood right now. My staff was worried about all the screams that came out of my office during the doldrums in the second half.

Shiva87

Haven’t screamed like that in ages. Kudos to Amad - what a sub performance. Never stopped running and even tracked back to win the ball back in one of the counter attacks.

Won the ball for the goal. Ran the length of the pitch and scored from a tight angle in the 120th min.

Take a bow! Will be remembered for a long time to come.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mainoo was sensational and AWB was great. 2 of the best today I think for us. Unlike them with that 5 on 2 counter we made our 2 on 1 counter count!

Giggsy13

I love the crazy 11 on the pitch at the end. A proper do or die just go for it! Loved that
Felt a bit like United in the good old days. Just going for it, no fear. fecking brilliant, I’m still buzzing. This is a game that will be talked about for years down the road.

Red Royal

I can't wait for the alternative commentary clip to come out for this game. Will watch it on repeat for hours.

Giggsy13

Also this referee was a joyless cnut who didn’t understand the moment. The second yellow on Amad was crass and unnecessary.

Muninman

What can I add that hasn't been said already? I felt a sense of dread all day, but also hope because that's what being a fan is about, right.
I haven't felt this way at the end of a match for such a long time and screamed my head off when Amad's goal went it. It felt really emotional.

It's only in recent years under Klopp that they have built up this record against us. We had such a great record against them for years, long before Fergie.

Can I hope that this really is the start of something special again. Robins' goal in 1990 against Forest...?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Liverpool have twice failed to beat a 10 man United this season. Shocking from them.

Houdini

1. Elliotts fault led to the winner :drool:
2. Klopp's face :drool::drool:
3. Sounes' face:drool::drool::drool:
4. Amad wins it in Fergie time :drool::drool::drool::drool:
5. Fergie smiles in the stands. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Moriarty

Also this referee was a joyless cnut who didn’t understand the moment. The second yellow on Amad was crass and unnecessary.
Mandatory yellow but yep, it's a stupid rule. The kid scores the winning goal in an FA Cup tie against the old enemy and his joy is punished with a red card. I bet that ref loved it.

Jaap

Let‘s not forget though that we were very poor in the second half up until Antony & Maguire had to come on. A fourth Wembley game in 1 1/2 years & a potential third Cup final is incredible.

Mainoonited

Fking beautiful!

What a match. Loved it.

I'm so angry I missed both our final goals. Had to drive home.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I've had a season ticket since 2007 and today has to make my top 3 favourite games I've ever been to. Mental cup tie.

Josh 76

This should give us confidence for the PL fixture. Ten Haag played Liverpool twice at OT and won both!

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 365 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool