g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 April 2018

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Obviously City are going to throw the kitchen sink at it from the first whistle. If they get an early goal, it's game on, but the away goal could be key. It's set up for a great match.
Spice up with hard tackles and red cards will be flying around.

ZAGREB RED

Players showed some pretty big cojones today, at HT I honestly would have taken a draw as I feared it was going to end in a total humiliation. Before the game I was resigned to City winning as almost inevitable so it has to be said it was a superb result for United for the way it was achieved. A park the bus scrappy draw would have spoiled their day but today totally took the wind out of their sails. If they are knocked out of Europe on Tuesday they badly need a good result against Spurs next week.
Big respect also for DDG for his save from Aguero near the end, he really is priceless.

They're blaming the ref all over the shop, as was so predictable. I've had a couple of texts from City mates crying conspiracy and 'Rag referees'. Their pain only adds to the deep satisfaction, as does a reply "feck off, Manchester is Red". :cool:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Sky showed images of Fergie looking depressed in the stands when we were 2-0 down in the first half. We’re there any shots of him at 2-2 or 3-2? If Sky showed them I didn’t see them.
I didn't see anymore shots of him but when they showed him in the first half I became twice as sad than I already was, he looked absolutely gutted. But he probably walked out of there with a massive smile on his face so it's all good. :D

OldSchoolManc

On reflection and in hindsight, coming back after finishing the 1st half 2-0 down is so much sweeter than a smash n grab 1-0.
They really were celebrating the title from the moment they went 2 up and to piss on those celebrations from where we were at that moment, really made this comeback greater.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Obviously City are going to throw the kitchen sink at it from the first whistle. If they get an early goal, it's game on, but the away goal could be key. It's set up for a great match.
It is . If they score in the first half our arses could go. If we score at any point in the game then it should be enough. Right now I can't be arsed with even thinking of it. I've just got my stress levels and emotions down to a semi level of normality and we play them in three feckin days.

Bloody 'ell.. football .

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bet them shitc**ts had all kinds of crap planned for after the game today they'd won. Consider your chips well and truly pissed on chaps.

It is . If they score in the first half our arses could go. If we score at any point in the game then it should be enough. Right now I can't be arsed with even thinking of it. I've just got my stress levels and emotions down to a semi level of normality and we play them in three feckin days.

Bloody 'ell.. football .
City will go full pelt, but at 3-0 you're still massive favourites to progress. The key is to get to 25-30 minutes without conceding. The fact City have to go all out attack also means your front three can hit them on the break, which is a dilemma for Pep.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Honestly, it looked like both players struck the ball at the same time, the force of Young’s kick bounced his foot up to agueros knee. Is that a pen?
To me it looked like an obvious pen and I would be furious if it had happened to a Liverpool player without a response from the ref. That said, I'm not that annoyed about it as it could possibly be good for us that City lost.

Swift Football

Provided we win our games, they have to win 2 more games to win the league which means they can win the league with 4 more to go. Lose or draw against Spuds and they can win only with 3 games to go, which is not that impressive given all their 'noise' throughout the season.

haram

We're going to win :devil:.

Yeah City beat everyone else at the Etihad but we're better than everyone else :).
Taking a break from the Caf to work on my dissertation but had to log in for this :devil:.

Believe in the team lads :devil:. Next season will be great! :devil:

Ventura

At half time, pundits were all "yeah, this definitely looks like a win for City, hard to see United recover from this". I thought, sure it's easy to predict the obvious. Be more impressive if you could see a turnaround coming!

Really excited about the win, and Young not getting his well deserved red card and penalty is going to wind City fans up even more :D To the City thread!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Only just seen the highlights. That was amazing. Don't care about the negatives, they're gutted and we've shown that we can play decent football against a good side and that they aren't the best of all time or any of that nonsense (stopped them winning the league too early, at this rate all they'll have for their legendary season is the league and league cup). They've had a few lucky last minute equaliser and winners this season so about their turn to see the other side of it too.

Eddy_JukeZ

Couldn't watch, because of a live FIFA tournament I was in.

I was checking the matchday thread and saw we were down 2-0 and loads of you guys lamenting our play.

Then I checked later and see our comeback! YES! GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! Manchester will always be red!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Incredible comeback. Was so good to see the players show some heart and then go on to show some fire later on too. Certainly looked like it was going to be embarrassing at one point.

The main thing coming out of this for me is that I feel like a lot of those players needed to know what that feels like and how much the fans appreciate it.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Even IF City goes on to win (I still have hope) this game will be the one everyone remembers. I'm not an evil person but feck all the City fans that went there hoping to see them raise the trophy.

Acole9

Outstanding
Proper buzzing after that, never ever expected us to come back after that first half. We was disgraceful, out of all the outfield players only Herrera played alright in that first half.

The second half showed that we don't need to park the bus, we've got the attacking players to do damage to any team out there. Far too much respect has been shown to City this season, yes they'll win the title and yes they've played well on the whole but don't buy into all this crap about them being the best Premier League side ever because it's bollocks. United 98-99, Arsenal invincible, Chelsea 04-05 and United 08 are all better than this City team.

I hope we keep this up for the rest of the season, we deserve to finish in second place as we've been there for most of the season anyway. City will win the title but it's nice to win the derby and we should really cherish this and I hope all the fans will enjoy this.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Watched the post match comments from the Sky pundits and I couldn't help but laugh at how much of a joke Sourness is. Reminded me of this Key & Peele sketch.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
God it feels good doesn't it?

I left the house as soon as the half time whistle blew cause I was that pissed off. Pogba was done for me and I was fed up of shite defenders like Smalling.

Come back just in time to see Pogba's first and then everything afterwards. We actually showed some bottle after convincing the world all season/the past four or five seasons that we've got none at all. The game spiced up and it showed that whilst they do little niggly fouls all game every game and get away with them, if you stick at City they don't like it at all and it all kicked off.

Young should've been sent off, Pogba arguably too (cause I can't stand the 'taking one for the team' hacks that players do when someone is running clear) but then City should've arguably had someone off too when it kicked off. At least the second half was a proper derby.

Dave saved because he's the best keeper I've ever seen and we won and denied them their pièce de reéistance by winning the title in the derby. They'll deservedly win the league but we've shown something today and that's enough for now. Should be ashamed of the first half but so well played in the second. Comebacks are so much more satisfying than dominant wins, that's a proper United victory.

Gotta say though, I know he assisted Pogba but the question still remains, what is Sanchez doing?
Should watch football more closely before making a fool of yourself on a football forum. He assisted Smalling too and was hugely involved in the first goal as well. Maybe, if maybe you watch football with your eyes open.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Said this a while ago: Sterling owes most of his good performances to De Bruyne who serves him on a platter. Left to his own devices, he is not good enough.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We were lucky as hell over all but it's hard to be too negative after a gamme like that:

- I loved the way we came out in the second half...even before the goals. That was the reaction of a team determined as hell to not let the game go without a fight. Something we've rarely seen from United since Ferguson retired, and a further example of how for all Jose's moaning and negativity, he has done an awful lot to improve the mentality of this team. The fact it worked is pretty important as it will give the players a belief that maybe wasn't there before...that if they're brave enough to impose themselves, they're good enough to aswell. It actually reminded mme of Jose's first Chelsea team. No matter what situation they were in, you knew they were going to throw everything at it.

We didn't see it in the first half, but I don't think it's because it wasn't there. We gave City momentum and confidence and it really is difficult to get a footing in the game when they have that. They were just passing it round us and we needed half time to regroup.

- Sanchez is a fantastic player and the idea he doesn't improve us as a team is absurd. I like Martial and Rashford and want us to find room for both of them, but Sanchez is on a different level to either. If we'd had him alll season he'd have been a real difference maker. The belief I mentioned above, came from him having the ability to turn showing bravery and determination, into creating chances and goals. Players like that actually improve the likes of Rashford and Martial because it allows them to play with that belief and confidence.

- Two games in a row Pogba has put in the required effort and concentration. He plays well in one and is a match winner in the other. One in a midfield two and one in a midfield three. The idea he needs a team built around him is bollocks. If he puts his mind to it he's good enough to make it work regardless. Also didn't get the criticism of him for the first half. He wasn't great but was doing what he was supposed to and wasn't awful either.

- Ashley Young isn't good enough to play at left back. He's very good as a wing back in a defensive five. In a back four bizarrely his decision making is always really poor annd he just looks like someone pretending they are a fullback.

- Good Herrera is back.

- Bad Lukaku is back

- This game was so hilarious. Why were people crying at the end? Did they want to beat us that much? You'd think we just won the title off them or something. The meltdown in the second half turned what could have been "well, United won but it doesn't really matter" into feeling a hell of a lot sweeter

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They can NOW go feck themselves somewhere else and lift that trophy

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 78% of 868 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 554 ratings.

Score Predictions