PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 March 2020

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Couldn’t be arsed to check if this has already been posted.

What do people ruin great sporting moments by dubbing shite pop "Muzak" onto them? The only accompaniment McTominay's goal needs it the raucous roar of a re-invigorated Old Trafford.

Jeffthered

Great result!

I have not seen the game. Being as objective as one could be, how was the actual game.. Was it a good game (quality..), did we play well, or were they poor.. Or was it a typical Derby?

What I did see, was that their keeper was dreadful! Embarrassingly poor for both goals... Awful...!

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
For the first time in many years, I felt that City are finished. They looked ordinary and their motivation is gone. I think they have a good crack at winning the CL but I can't see City winning the league next year if you put it that way. United, on the other hand, looked strong and organized. Ole has put some fight in this team. Yes, we scored because of two howlers but it's such a big difference in confidence and playing style compared to only a month or two ago.
I wouldn't speak too soon.We deserved our win yesterday but we are still miles behind them.Clearly they are out of the title race this season but we have a way to go if we want to get to where they are.They could still win the CL & FA Cup this season.

RedCurry

Great result!

I have not seen the game. Being as objective as one could be, how was the actual game.. Was it a good game (quality..), did we play well, or were they poor.. Or was it a typical Derby?

What I did see, was that their keeper was dreadful! Embarrassingly poor for both goals... Awful...!
Football is as competitive as it has ever been. Fergie always knew the importance of refreshing the squad even when we were right on top. Just one year of non-investment or poor expenditure can lead to a downward spiral. If Pep could just have had Fred and Maguire, the two players he seemed to have wanted, they would maybe look like a different team yesterday. But the spending cannot go on forever hence it’s almost impossible to dominate the league long term. I will be not very surprised to see even Liverpool struggling in a couple of years.

Amarsdd

Great result!

First 15-20 min City dominated possession and created one quarter chance.
Then we got into the game, and we started actually dominating the game. I think for a 10 min period we had 80% possession. During that period, Martial had one half chance which Otamendi blocked, another Martial chance which he should have squared to Bruno who was in acres of space around the penalty spot. At the end of the period, we scored. Rest of the half, it was even possession in which we were more direct whereas City were more sideways and backwards. There was a definite foul on Fred in the box but Fred was booked for diving around 40 min.

Second half was more what everyone would have expected of the game. City dominated possession but again created one chance which Sterling squandered and De Gea made a good save for Jesus's shot from a difficult angle. Again, in the half we used James and Martial as outlets to counter attack. James should have squared it twice for Bruno for simple finishes but he chose a shot. We were really on the cosh only between 75-85 min (again without conceding chances), but after Ighalo came on he became an outlet who could hold the ball and relieve the pressure. And at the end we got a goal from that.

p.s. I'm trying to be objective.... really trying.

dirkey

First 15-20 min City dominated possession and created one quarter chance.
Then we got into the game, and we started actually dominating the game. I think for a 10 min period we had 80% possession. During that period, Martial had one half chance which Otamendi blocked, another Martial chance which he should have squared to Bruno who was in acres of space around the penalty spot. At the end of the period, we scored. Rest of the half, it was even possession in which we were more direct whereas City were more sideways and backwards. There was a definite foul on Fred in the box but Fred was booked for diving around 40 min.

Second half was more what everyone would have expected of the game. City dominated possession but again created one chance which Sterling squandered and De Gea made a good save for Jesus's shot from a difficult angle. Again, in the half we used James and Martial as outlets to counter attack. James should have squared it twice for Bruno for simple finishes but he chose a shot. We were really on the cosh only between 75-85 min (again without conceding chances), but after Ighalo came on he became an outlet who could hold the ball and relieve the pressure. And at the end we got a goal from that.

p.s. I'm trying to be objective.... really trying.
I concur. Essentially, it was the greatest single-team performance of all time. Objectively.

Amarsdd

I didn't know Duncan Castles was so bitter about United. In his podcast after the derby win, every word he has spoken about United is to shit on us, invented more than 20 reasons why City lost (not one of those reasons was that United played better), has shit on our recent record including the defense, and much much more.

ReddBalls

I didn't know Duncan Castles was so bitter about United. In his podcast after the derby win, every word he has spoken about United is to shit on us, invented more than 20 reasons why City lost (not one of those reasons was that United played better), has shit on our recent record including the defense, and much much more.
He'll probably praise Mourinho after tonight.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Who cares?

The important thing is that the fans know where we are and where we need to be.

Putting it into context, we are a long way off but on the evidence of the derby game we are on an upward curve. Credit due to a tactical performance that worked to near perfection. We can’t deny that City are ahead in some areas but neither can we deny that Utd are standing still. It may be early to say that the futures bright but it certainly isn’t as dim as it once was

Amarsdd

Who cares?

The important thing is that the fans know where we are and where we need to be.

Putting it into context, we are a long way off but on the evidence of the derby game we are on an upward curve. Credit due to a tactical performance that worked to near perfection. We can’t deny that City are ahead in some areas but neither can we deny that Utd are standing still. It may be early to say that the futures bright but it certainly isn’t as dim as it once was
oh hi Duncan, didn't think I'd see you here.

KennyBurner

Day 3 without football and this is all Ive been watching. Love these types of videos.

wish I had taken a moment to scroll up before posting this comment.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Having withdrawal symptoms here but nothing can be done with this anti social virus taking over.

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 475 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Man City