PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 January 2023

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The effort and determination is top class. The old United would have had their heads down. That was what impressed me the most even if we lost 1-0 and that Bruno goal was disallowed. We would have gone to lose by 3 or 4 goals with the old United under Jose/Ole/Ralf. We are not the finished article yet definitely, but we are on the way there if we keep up the momentum.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Pep. 'We play very good. Classy enough. Man to man was a problem for us. I don't care about the Carabao Cup'.

Last edited:

lex talionis

The mental strength to dig out of going down to 0-1 to the PL champion is remarkable. Fantastic management by ETH to make the changes at halftime to remove a player who wasn’t up for it.

Gasolin

City got 70% possession but 5 shots against 8 and 1 shot on target (1 goal) against 4 (2 goals). Surely there’s something to think about this no? We can’t say giving up possession didn’t make us dangerous. We could have been 2 up in the first half and that’s our next step in our football for me. But today, it’s a massive win that probably made the haters enraged as they hoped for a City win.

nickm

What a fantastic result! This team, this manager... Some special times ahead, no doubt.

saivet

Missed the game. Objectively how did we play? Obviously imagine end to the game means everyone is on a high but interested to know about the performance

Irwin99

Wow! :drool:

If Arsenal lose tomorrow we're just 6 point off top of the league :eek:. Don't think anyone could have predicted that after those first two games of the season.

Pscholes18

What a run we are on, all without a proper striker and ETH doesn't even have all the pieces he wants yet.

crossy1686

career ending
Missed the game. Objectively how did we play? Obviously imagine end to the game means everyone is on a high but interested to know about the performance
Deserved the win. City had one shot and scored from it, they also had a lot of possession in the second half but in the first they didn't turn up and United could have had two if not for poor finishing. United got a lucky decision for the equaliser and City lost their heads.

next_number_seven

Regardless of the result , it was a good performance. First half created better chances on quick transitions but City dominated possession.

Started 2nd half poorly but then did a bit of a smash and grab.

City created very little.

Defensively we have become formidable and we always create chances.

A title challenge isn't unrealistic in my opinion

JagUTD

Overall the better side, should have been ahead at half time, Rashford missed two big chances. City came out and dominated the second half for half an hour, but a few changes from ETH turned the game.

Defended brilliantly, City had one attempt on target. Fully deserved win for United, not one of those smash and grabs we've had in previous meetings.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I'm genuinely so fecking happy after that. Borderline euphoric.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys!
Me too. Trying to explain to my missus what it means. Not going in like.

I really think we are coming back. ETH is the one. Crazy bald bastard. Always wanted him.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
My man Eric! Brilliant! Rashford injury question, you have to be resilient! You have to suffer, sacrifice...

Redfrog

Always like wiping Pep's smirk from his face. His record against us isn't great. This felt like a genuine statement, though, that we can be as good as them. Big credit to Garnacho, for his age he has great determination and stick-with-it-ness. I had raised eyebrows when I saw the lineup, but as always I defer to the boss.
Garnacho play with his head as well. He is really good.

I’m loving my life

They brought up a stat on BT before about City not losing after they scored first for (I think) 40 games?

Well they can pop that one the stat bin

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 386 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:1 Man City