PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 January 2023

humdinger

Can’t stop laughing. Comeback win with a controversial goal and City foaming at the mouth. Perfect.

siw2007

Fantastic win, fabulous afternoon for United supporters. Wasn’t a pretty game but I thought City were rubbish for most of the game. Our first goal might be controversial but I think it’s more of a case of stupid rules as opposed to wrong decision, glad we got the run of the green on this kind of goal for once.

AWB was excellent as was the rest of the defence. Rashford should have scored in the first half but delivered when we needed him too.

Elcabron

I'm gonna give a shout out for the Stuart Atwell, that is one one of the best refereed games I've seen in a long time.

The "offside" - controversial, yes, but under the current rules, was the correct decision.

We always ridicule the officials so let's have some praise for once
Here here, ga e a lot to city but they were all fouls I guess. Got all the big calls right.

MADReaLJL

To be honest it doesn't differ much than Ole's usual style of play against City.

Good this is we are winning against smaller team on consistent basis.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Missed the game. Objectively how did we play? Obviously imagine end to the game means everyone is on a high but interested to know about the performance
Less possession but plenty of threat first half and should have been ahead at the break. City started the second half well and we spent 20 mins not being able to get a foothold. Then it all magically changed. Good game of football in the second half.

Man-United

The better team won, 8-2 and 4-1 in shots and on target.

city can keep the ball as much as possible.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Get in there. Thought the best we would get was a draw after going 1 down. Thought Shaw and Fred were our standout players. Garnacho done well when he came on; Antony not so much. Roll on Palace.

OverratedOpinion

To be honest it doesn't differ much than Ole's usual style of play against City.

Good this is we are winning against smaller team on consistent basis.
We were the better side for 70 of 90 minutes today.

That was pretty rare under Ole against City.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Didn't he just sign an extension to 2025? I doubt he's going anywhere until then. They're going to throw the kitchen sink at transfers this summer because the one's they've made recently are massive flops. The thing is with a City rebuild, it takes 10 minutes because they can just feck off the shite at cost and throw massive money around.
It's all hypothetical of course but I genius think he won't stay around if his head is not in it, something similar happened in barca although in there there was apparently a ton of internal strife involved but still.

But yeah they will spend inane amounted of money come summer either way, they'll be in for anyone worth a damn.

Stig

Why wasn't Rashford's goal offside. He was in an offside position, came back and played the ball - is it because Garnacho touching it put him back on-side ?

Sorry - but this coming from an offside position has been confusing me all season.

pacifictheme

Why wasn't Rashford's goal offside. He was in an offside position, came back and played the ball - is it because Garnacho touching it put him back on-side ?

Sorry - but this coming from an offside position has been confusing me all season.
He needs to be onside when the ball is played which he was.

krazyrobus

When Garnacho crossed the ball, he had moved it in front of Rashford.

MADReaLJL

Garnacho was in front of Rashford when he played that cross.

Scholesgoals

garnachos pass was behind the line of play

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Rashford wasn't offside when Garnacho played the pass

lysglimt

Scout
And apparently a few of City's coaching staff + Grealish having a go at the ref in the tunnel after the game - nice - hope they all get banned

moodyred

Pep rested Haaland for this game. I would say he is well rested after this game too.

U.N.C.L.E

ESPN headline - normally I’d be pissed off but I know it’ll be making Citeh fans even saltier.

Marcus Rashford inspires controversial Man United comeback win against Man City

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
First half was a tactical masterclass, City were slow and ponderous, United should have been in front at half-time

Second half, the only thing City changed was to up the tempo, the pressing from the front was lost a bit, that's where Martial was missed because he was competing and generally hassling defenders which Antony couldn't really do

The whole team played as a team and everyone contributed, there were no bad performances today for United

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 386 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 14% Man Utd 2:2 Man City