PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Middlesbrough

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 December 2016

superdry

touched by a genius
That match was a throwback to the Fergie era. It had everything, excitment controversy, and the will to overcome and win in the end. I think our upturn has obviously been the new players especially Miki Ibra and Pogba. They are always looking to move the ball forwards, which some of the others still pass it sideways or backwards. Saying this, this is gradually improving as well. Yesterday was Martials best game by far. Im glad Mourinho went all out attack to get the win, but as soon as we were 2-1 up the intensity went. I know it was the end of the game and maybe some players were tired, but the way it went straight after the goal was an obvious tactic I wish Mourinho would lose. We should be looking for at least a 2 goal cushion imo before easing off.
Nah, I was jumping and pumping like the Incredible Hulk, another goal would have damaged all my clothing!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That match was a throwback to the Fergie era. It had everything, excitment controversy, and the will to overcome and win in the end. I think our upturn has obviously been the new players especially Miki Ibra and Pogba. They are always looking to move the ball forwards, which some of the others still pass it sideways or backwards. Saying this, this is gradually improving as well. Yesterday was Martials best game by far. Im glad Mourinho went all out attack to get the win, but as soon as we were 2-1 up the intensity went. I know it was the end of the game and maybe some players were tired, but the way it went straight after the goal was an obvious tactic I wish Mourinho would lose. We should be looking for at least a 2 goal cushion imo before easing off.
This is what we call football. We had taken off Smalling and were playing three at the back. Middlesboro were happy for a draw. The minute we score the second, the psychology of the match changes. Now Boro will attack trying to get a second goal.

We could be playing Barcelona or Boro, unless you are winning by about three goals, the other team will attack late on because they have nothing to lose.

red_john

What a great feeling and end to the year. Credit to Jose with his positive substitutions that made the difference. We are playing great football at the moment and is very exciting to watch. The January fixtures will give us a better idea of what target we will be aiming for. But it's all positive at the minute!

Acole9

Outstanding
When Boro scored I thought it was just going to be one of those days, we deserved the win and the football this season has been the best in a long time.

Manny

Grammar Police
Good vid of the Pogba goal celebrations and Herrera and Rojo leading the tactical reshuffle

Fitchett

It has happened before. I remember the year when SAF publicly crtisized one ref (I forget his name) as too fat to keep up with the play. After the brouhaha died down it seemed almost as if the refs had had a secret meeting and vowed to f**k up United at every turn. Every single referee gave biased decisions against us. I can't count the number of games we drew or lost because of horrible refereeing decisions that year. I think that was the year (but I may be mis-remembering) we lost the league to Chelsea when Drogba was waved on to score an offside goal against us at OT in one of the last games of the season.
Ref was Alan Wiley - who was far from being the worst ref against us at that time.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 75% of 654 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 510 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Middlesbrough win
  • Draw