PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 October 2019

Al-T

Utterly predictable depressing shite. Thank f&ck next week is an International Break and this bunch of twats can't ruin my weekend..

Meanwhile they can all get to feck. Pussies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The worst thing is, we could all see this result coming a mile off. I used to prefer it when there’d be an upset and a shock to us losing to relegation fodder, this season I genuinely expected Newcastle to win or draw.
and many of us said the same... so how did OGS not see it coming and change things. answer, he has no idea how

Fauzan

One of the worst brands of football (well there isn't any actually) I've seen put up since Fergie left. That includes some pretty bad stuff too

fully expected us to lose tonight before I even saw the lineup. Shambles.

dogwithabone

Great interview with the Longstaff boys, forget the prima donna’s that engulf the PL today that is how football should be. Everything about the interview was so refreshing. Nice lads.

Scholsey2004

We've scored nine goals in eight league games now and four of those came in the first game of the season. The attack is like an anchor weighing down the rest of the team. New striker and three quality attacking midfielders behind them needed. Hard to source at the best of times but if we're in mid table at Christmas it'll be incredibly difficult to convince players to come in January.

Sp00ks11

As long as the club is financially successful no meaningful change will come.
It won't be for much longer, football like this doesn't win you a generation of new fans, our games are so boring they will stop being picked for TV, those 2 things will mean the sponsorships move on to bigger better clubs. We are firmly in a downward spiral. Before a ball was kicked I predicted we would finish between 6th and 10th this season, I now think it could be anywhere between 8th and 20th now!

Betson

What worries me is that I don't think anyone underperformed today. They all have the performance I've come to expect from them. They're all shit.

It is not their fault they are not good enough , nobody is shirking or holding back , the effort is good but the quality is just so poor , not their fault but they are not good enough for a club as big as Man Utd.

Neville talked in the first half about how slow the Utd build up is with everyone taking too many touches and releasing too slow and then it is backwards or side-wards too many times.

The reason they take too many touches is most of them do not have the ability to play quick one touch football at this level.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Another has been manager, that will surely work.
Wenger fair shout, can't get worse.
As a caretaker. Wenger knows how to make his team plays attractive football. Not much else available who can do that. Unless, you are more interested in result than performance. If you are, then Allegri will be your option.

R'hllor

Next level stuff, i dont even care about results but its nothing there to see performance wise, football wise, nothing. If we played at least this sport called football and lost, ok feck it but nah, people can keep yappin about quality of the players and money spent. Sorry, thats actually crazy at this point.

always_hoping

It's so bad I can't even enjoy City losing. Never been this bad, and its going to get worse, believe it.
Enjoy City losing? you do realise with each slip up by Man City is handing the title to Liverpool. Liverpool to have the league wrapped months before the end of this season and United fighting relegation. I can't think of a worse nightmare season for United supporters than that?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
we can't give Ole the January window where he'll buy the same type of english player who won't change things. the club wouldn't back Jose who wanted a CB (very possibly Maguire), they'd be mad to give Ole money for the likes of Longstaff. that said, they probably will...

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
A fair result.
We offered nothing going forward and Newcastle (feckin Steve Bruce’s Newcastle!) took their opportunity well.

We were passing the ball around the middle like we were 4-0 up. No guts in our midfield at all which gave our forwards nothing to work with.
Maguire played more direct when he was up late than the whole midfield combined.
Looking at a rapidly ageing OGS talking to Carrick :rolleyes: they seemed like they didn’t know what to do to fix the mess we were in.

Simon Jones

Dear god, we can't even look half decent against Newcastle:annoyed:
Were we this bad 88-89?
very hit and miss in 88-89. But we finished second the previous season and so there were shoots. Ferguson was for sure under pressure but critically came with an outstanding CV from Scotland. Getting Aderdeen to beat the old firm was a stunning achievement. That gave him the time he needed to turn things around. thankfully he was given the time by Martin Edwards and repaid him 100 fold.

eire-red

I just don't know anymore. Thought Tuanzebe was really good. Other than that, the rest were pretty pathetic. The fact that I expected this result before the game says it all to me really.

Dark times, and could be worse to come. Just sad to see what we've become, and sad to see a club legend go down like this, but surely Ole has to go? His record speaks for itself, the football can't get much worse. The international break is a blessing for us, need a bit of the spotlight off of us desperately.

RG 11

Waiting with baited breath for the OgS post match interview.

What cliche will he pull out his a** now.
Already saw one on the international feed. Same old...boys worked their socks off. We have lots of injuries. I need to sort their heads out. Give them more confidence etc etc

Van persie was in the studio and basically said that Ole's words to him are meaningless if he were a United player. That the interview confused him.

Jonno

and many of us said the same... so how did OGS not see it coming and change things. answer, he has no idea how
This is it, he’s entered the delusional stages. “I reckon Pereira Mata and Fred will make the difference today”. The rest of the country could see it a mile off. It only takes very limited talent & basic hard work to beat our midfield.

edgar allan

Tuanzebe is an upgrade on Lindelof. That was the only positive today.

Ole put all his eggs in one basket and banked on Andreas Pereira suddenly becoming Pirlo this season. It has failed spectacularly.

I've been saying if he persists with Mata and Pereira then he won't last long.

Today was an unforgivable result too far where I can not back Ole anymore.

We don't create chances ever in any match.
True, but we have absolutely no-one to replace them

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It is not their fault they are not good enough , nobody is shirking or holding back , the effort is good but the quality is just so poor , not their fault but they are not good enough for a club as big as Man Utd.

Neville talked in the first half about how slow the Utd build up is with everyone taking too many touches and releasing too slow and then it is backwards or side-wards too many times.

The reason they take too many touches is most of them do not have the ability to play quick one touch football at this level.
and yet at the start of the season, Ole talked about the pace we would show and how we'd break at speed: more fecking nonsense.

moodyred

We are improving.

First you got to reach rock bottom, then you know you will definitely improved because there is no where else to go.

AFC NimbleThumb

Already saw one on the international feed. Same old...boys worked their socks off. We have lots of injuries. I need to sort their heads out. Give them more confidence etc etc

Van persie was in the studio and basically said that Ole's words to him are meaningless if he were a United player. That the interview confused him.
He’s taking us fans for idiots!

Ban

As a caretaker. Wenger knows how to make his team plays attractive football. Not much else available who can do that. Unless, you are more interested in result than performance. If you are, then Allegri will be your option.
Given we might get relegated yeah I care more about result right now. Anyway what we'll get Wenger to play nicely and then in summer another one who likes a nice play?

edgar allan

Waiting to hear the Ole enthusiasts excuse for this nonsense. Dude is as clueless as they come.

Now I understand why Fred wasn't getting much game time under José and even Ole Dude is dreadful
Who paid 50 million for him?

Andersons Dietician

at least he looks like he's trying: if you put two or three world-class players next to him, he'd do a good job as the likes of Milner, Henderson do at liverpol and darren fletch and nicky butt did for us
I mean I sort of agree with you here in that he probably is that type of player, problem is Milner and Hendo have a lot of experience and are a lot more disciplined in their roles where he is learning on the job and at times makes a lot of poor choices but no one can fault his effort and drive.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
just seen an amazon ad with "staff" telling us how happy they are and it's a wonderful place to work... did Ole write the script?

Justin Bieber

We have seen enough he's clearly out of his depth I'd understand if we could se something, losing games but showing some kind of....I don't know ANYTHING.

Shambles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

That says a lot.

Schmeichel=God

Why do some still devoid Ole of any blame for our situation, look at the team today.

Ole brought Maguire and James.

he shipped out smalling and pushed axel further up as a starter in the team.

He wasted 40 million on Bissaka when we could have brought trippier and tierney for the same combined fee instead.

mctominay is one of his favourites.

He shifted fellaini out whilst giving games to Pereira last season and this season.

He dumped lukaku as our main striker in favour of rashford as the number 9.

Wouldnt give Herrera a 200,000 contract but it was ok to give rashford one for more money.

Kept favouring bloody lingard over and over again and would have been in the side had he been fit like always.

Plays a formation that does the team no favours with our best player pogba constantly playing way too deep this season.

Was happy getting rid of lukaku because he believed we had great potential to replace him.
My god when you put it like this....

DavidDeSchmikes

Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, speaking to Sky Sports: "We're disappointed. We did lack quite a few key players but that's no excuse. The players worked hard and ran their socks off but at the moment we're in a place we're not used to. Some of the boys lack a little bit of composure and we don't create enough chances to win a game of football.

"They stay together as a team but we don't create.

"Luckily for us it's now the international break. We get time to evaluate what's gone on over these eight games. We will sit down, hopefully we'll get a few players back. It's my responsibility. I need to sort their heads out. Young boys lacking confidence - they need some help from experienced players and staff.

"They're human and they want to do well. They need to see the results of their hard work and we're not getting those results so that's going to affect them.

"The first half was the sloppiest we've been. In the second half we dominated but we didn't create.

"We've not changed a lot. We've played the same way and stuck to our principles. The players are working hard. We've had six out from the Chelsea game and that's going to affect results. But we'll work hatd and get the quality back."

RG 11

That says a lot.
Yeah. He said that the coach has to motivate the players through these interviews and he doesn't think Ole can push the right buttons based on what was said in the interview.

His interview was extremely generic. He didn't even look like he recognizes we were horrible and kept smiling through it.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Newcastle 0:1 Man Utd
  • 16% Newcastle 1:1 Man Utd