PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 April 2023

Lee565

Not coughing up for trippier a few season back was a real mistake, even at the the time when atletico wanted close to 30 million it would have been a great get, instead we have had to put up with two bang average right backs in attack and defence and knowing us we will get caught with our pants down and pay some silly fee to replace either of them.

OrcaFat

Not coughing up for trippier a few season back was a real mistake, even at the the time when atletico wanted close to 30 million it would have been a great get, instead we have had to put up with two bang average right backs in attack and defence and knowing us we will get caught with our pants down and pay some silly fee to replace either of them.
Yeah I thought it was a major feck up. It was annoying how cheap they sold him for, unless I’m mistaken, six months later. We probably should have still gone for him then.

justboy68

Yeah I thought it was a major feck up. It was annoying how cheap they sold him for, unless I’m mistaken, six months later. We probably should have still gone for him then.
Local lad from a United supporting family too. Criminal that he hasn't been playing for us.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Everytime I see him playing for Newcastle, it annoys me that we didn't sign him. He was desperate to join as well, but I think we were quoted a different price to what Newcastle paid.

I always wanted to sign Isak as well, but don't even think we have ever been linked with him.

jackal&hyde

We've been playing bad in a number of games. The mid is shit and the team in general needs a lot more training. We make top 4 plus the trophy we have and it's a good season but general play needs to improve a lot come next season. Not bothered though because I know, save for Casemiro, we lack decent players in mid.

Skills

Snitch
Everytime I see him playing for Newcastle, it annoys me that we didn't sign him. He was desperate to join as well, but I think we were quoted a different price to what Newcastle paid.

I always wanted to sign Isak as well, but don't even think we have ever been linked with him.
Isak instead of Antony last summer would've been a much better use of funds

Puskas_007

Now the dust has settled, Sunday felt like it shows our current bottom level when we're having an off day / missing key player(s), think that's what Erik is saying with his 'robots' comments, suggests the players didn't have the necessary hunger to get our bottom line performance up to the level it needs to be to compete in every game. I think it shows that the squad is still not what we want it to be, some players not fitting the system (Maguire... etc) and some not good enough, and it's not surprising, I'm just desperate for the manager to get the time to do the business to get top quality players that fit the system, that should bring the bottom line up - don't forget, even watching Fergie's best sides there were tons of off days, it's getting a squad / system that reduces the consequences of bad performances that will help us.

Two things that stood out were how isolated Rashford is when we don't turn up, it's almost like he wasn't there (not completely his fault btw) and also, thinking of systems, put Maguire in that Newcastle side and he'd look like a world beater, spoiling with a midfield sat in front of him with little space in behind, absolutely shows how matching the squad to the system makes so much difference at the top level.

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Newcastle 1:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Newcastle 1:1 Man Utd