PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 Norwich City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 January 2020

OleBoiii

Good response to the embarassment vs City.

Love to see the passion from the players too.

always_hoping

Satisfied supporter. 4 goals and no goal conceded the way the bottom club in the PL should be beaten in Old Trafford. Norwich drew with Leicester and Spurs recently so a job well done by United today.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Nice win, but we'll never beat the best consistently with that strategy, no matter how good the players.

R'hllor

Good 3 pts, good display, still there is to much of ffa in final third but hey.

Norwich on other side, i am kinda confused, they dont care about being relegated or just out of breath? Usually someone gets angry and leaves one on opposition player or so, strange.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
No real complaints. A nice enjoyable game, decent performances all round with a clean sheet and some nice goals. Even got a chance to rest Rashford with 30 minutes left.

Ventura

That Williams miss was all Ole's fault. I expect his resignation on Ed's desk first thing in the morning.

DevilRed

Its only norwich but it still reminded me of the days when we used to have waves and waves of attacks under Fergie.

A good result and with tougher fixtures on the horizon I thought Ole did the right thing and rested our key players early.

OGS just needs a bit of luck with injuries. Hopefully Pogba and McT are back soon so we can finally field our strongest side. Also, maybe Ed takes out his big dick and finally gets someone like Bruno Fernandes.

We are crying out for someone with creativity that can play in the midfield.

Some tough fixtures coming up too.

fergosaurus

What you'd expect against a team who has now shipped 45 league goals this season. Trying not to get carried away with Greenwood's talent. He's such a clinical finisher.

MonkeysMagic

Norwich are awful but have to be put away and we did that well. Against decent opposition, we will struggle (and not just because of players!) but win always welcome. Quite a few teams vying for 4th spot playing against each other next few games and bar Liv game we have an opp to make gains.

edgecutter

Its only norwich but it still reminded me of the days when we used to have waves and waves of attacks under Fergie.

A good result and with tougher fixtures on the horizon I thought Ole did the right thing and rested our key players early.

OGS just needs a bit of luck with injuries. Hopefully Pogba and McT are back soon so we can finally field our strongest side. Also, maybe Ed takes out his big dick and finally gets someone like Bruno Fernandes.

We are crying out for someone with creativity that can play in the midfield.

Some tough fixtures coming up too.
I would say he got lucky today due to lingard being out and having to play Mata who made a massive difference.

Crashoutcassius

No Lingard no problem. Man of the match Lingard. For not playing. Addition by subtraction.
Yes it was only Norwich but we really cant compensate for Lingard. We are a decent team without him. Not perfect but decent. If he played they would have had more chances and our attack wouldnt be as tidy. 100 %.
Cool thanks

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
lovely win but let's not get carried away, Norwich are terrible and we all know what happened after we beat them last time and people started saying "we're back".

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Great game overall.

I am worried about Dan James. He runs a lot, and is super-dedicated, but not only his skills have not developed, he seems to have . regressed skills-wise. In the beginning of the season he scored some goals, made some assists. Now - nothing. His crosses reach nobody and he is no threat for a goal.

You can say that every one of our other attackers have improved this season, why is Dan stalling/regressing? Literally, the only reason he's still liked because he has dedication and energy out the wazoo, but it's hard to overlook that his technical abilities are bad. He needs help of some kind.
Probably because he's been playing heavy minutes since the start of the season while trying to make an impact while adjusting to a new division. The fact that he gets targeted for some heavy tackles every match doesn't help.

We won't see the best of him until next season at the very least he'll need more time to adjust his game and put on more muscles.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Nice one, and very good to get Rashford and Martial off asap. We've not had many comfortable days this season so regardless of the opposition, who were pisspoor offering next to no edge without Pukki, we can enjoy this one unreservedly.

stu_1992

Great second half. Only saw a part of the first one just after the goal. Nice victory though and some nice goals. Matas passing from out wide was on point today. And Rashford was excellent, even outside his 2 goals. Williams was impressive going forward too I thought, horrendous miss aside. Martial scoring a header and us from a corner should be celebrated too!

ShinjiNinja26

Good win! Exactly what we needed after that mess against City. Mata was brilliant today, showed he still has plenty to offer in certain games. Rashford continuing his great form and also happy Martial and Greenwood got on the score sheet as well. Confirmation later that Bruno’s signing would be the icing on the cake. :drool:

Houdini

Mata is still our best passer. We need a replacement for him. Great result and hopefully a turning point. Let's go for TOP4!

caid

Well, there is burn-out and he certainly needs to be rested, or else I am very worried him getting injured. But the draught in goals started several months ago.
Started when he was moved to right wing, its harder for him to get in goal scoring positions. Squaring it to Martial or Rashford is generally going to be a better option. And yeah one of his more impressive, endearing qualities was his energy at the start of the season which we probably wont see much more of without some time out of the team.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We're actually more likely to lose to Wolves and then beat Liverpool if this season is anything to go by.
I would be totally fine with that. League game > FA Cup and it's fecking Pool! Wherever/whenever we beat them is great news.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Great game overall.

I am worried about Dan James. He runs a lot, and is super-dedicated, but not only his skills have not developed, he seems to have . regressed skills-wise. In the beginning of the season he scored some goals, made some assists. Now - nothing. His crosses reach nobody and he is no threat for a goal.

You can say that every one of our other attackers have improved this season, why is Dan stalling/regressing? Literally, the only reason he's still liked because he has dedication and energy out the wazoo, but it's hard to overlook that his technical abilities are bad. He needs help of some kind.
Easy to answer. He’s tired. We’ve flogged him hard all season

RedRazor

on the radio
Norwich drew with Arsenal, Leicester, Everton and Spurs, beat City and ran Chelsea a close game.
They are bottom of the league but haven't actually had that many thumping-mostly only losing by a goal.

A good result for us, and we need to not dismiss Norwich because they are bottom, as it doesn't tell the full story. Well done lads-great game.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 51% of 309 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 296 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw