PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 3:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 April 2016

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No he [Darmian] hasn't - he's been rubbish bar the first 3 weeks of the season and 1 or 2 games after that.
Indeed. And that's how long it takes to be 'Vangled'.
Take a look at Rashford. Di Maria, amongst others. They also got ''.
Generally, it takes about a month for the player to be "Vangled" by LVG's philosophy.
The only way to truly see if a player is good or bad, is if he improves under a new manager. Under the current manager, most of our players have displayed a reduction in performance level.
I think Martial and Smalling are the only ones who have maintained a high level, throughout LVG's tenure.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The thing I noticed about the defeat Sunday was how fit the Spurs players looked in the last 20 minutes and how unfit you lot looked.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The fitness problem has been going on for a while now.
The theory is that we pass the ball around, allow the opposition to chase the ball around, get tired, then we hammer them in the last 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, in the vast majority of games, that game plan has not worked. In fact, the opposite has been true in many games (such as the Spurs game).

bugmat

The fitness problem has been going on for a while now.
The theory is that we pass the ball around, allow the opposition to chase the ball around, get tired, then we hammer them in the last 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, in the vast majority of games, that game plan has not worked. In fact, the opposite has been true in many games (such as the Spurs game).
It never works because of how slowly we do it all..the opposition can just sit back and relax as they easily counter our philosophical probing. We are probably one of the most unfit teams (as a whole unit) in the league to add to that lol.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
As much as it hurts to see United fall to bits as they did, the big picture is this loss is irrelevant. This season was never going to amount to anything once the board decided to stick with Van Gaal at Xmas. Today's defeat was just one more bad result in a season full of bad results. 'Getting fourth' might excite some people, it doesn't excite me. We're done, and have been done for months. Even had we won today I would not have been very invested in it. As it was we got beaten, just as I thought we would. The only thing I hope for now is that Van Gaal goes quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win again this season.
We play Villa next at home. Surely we can win that...I think.

bucky

The thing I noticed about the defeat Sunday was how fit the Spurs players looked in the last 20 minutes and how unfit you lot looked.
Have been saying for a while that our team looks not fit enough. It was evident during the first part of the season.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Or we just couldn't be arsed anymore. Lack of motivation affects energy levels too.
That can also be a factor but it was back in freaking October when the manager started talking about players in the red zones and Mata was saying how the team is tired.

https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-united/mata-makes-same-excuse-as-manager-1783730.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football...e-rooney-middlesbrough-juan-mata-david-de-gea

October, three months into the bloody season!

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 383 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd