PL D FA Premier League

West Bromwich Albion 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 February 2021

Reddevildans

I knew bailly should have started. Doesn't take a fecking genius to understand what west brom will do and thats cross and keep 20 men behind the ball. Absolute softies at the back the lot of them.

Crimson King

Martial needs to drop to the bench and earn his way back into the team.

Lindelof and Maguire shouldn't start the next match together. It just doesn't work at all anymore.

Roboc7

Dreadful, we’re well ahead of at points total from last season but that gap is going to narrow a lot by end of season. Been dragged back into fight for top four now.

Ole and too many players were passengers today.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Ole stop trying to get Martial into a goalscoring streak. Greenwood did more then he ever did in less time. If I given a power to own Utd, you will be sack immediately. Rushford is another disappointment with so many bodies in front of you, don't you try to find a open person. Can't Shaw deliver a cross? Both our fullback really has a hard time delivering quality cross. I am not sure if I am celebrating 2nd place or frustrated with an awful coached team who doesn't know how to beat bottom feeder club. Joke.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We are a Top 4 side at very best. Win a trophy, we have to get to a final first, not be capable of getting past a semi-final so far. The character of this side is all wrong, far too nice and soft and cuddly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ref was awful, we were also awful though. Created pretty much nothing. We might be top scorers in the league but don't let it fool you. Our attack is a problem still. We have no right winger and we become very dependent on just 1 side. Far too many games where we either score 0 or 1. Defence is also a problem as our centerbacks are way too soft (though yes it was a clear foul on lindelof).

Gotta be careful and not slip back into a top 4 race.

wolvored

Racked off. Without Fernandes we are a mid table team. Just hope to god he never has an injury. Lindelof and Maguire poor again today. Martial should stay on the bench. I could go on, but whats the point.

bsCallout

Rashford running in to dead ends non-stop, again. Not offering us much at all, breaks down so many attacks. He doesn't challenge for any ball and he never attacks a post.

People were begging for VDB for some reason. He came on and hid from the ball completely, offering no option.

Greenwood is our only forward who seems to make something happen at the moment.

Same old with Lindelof, DDG & a lack of a proper CDM. Weak.

At times our squad has looked good, now it is starting to look VERY average, pretty much no one DESERVES to start at the moment.

I think dropping points in games we played well has really dented the confidence and we seem lacklustre again.

I hate to say it but Pogba seems to be very important. Especially in games like this.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
City will go 10 points clear after their game in hand. Running away with it now, like 17/18 all over again.

largelyworried

Very sloppy performance. We dominated the ball but never really gave them too many shakey moments and could have conceded more ourselves. Sometimes our individualistic style of play works for us, especially in games with a lot of space. But up against a solid defence with lots of bodies in it, we needed a more structured plan to work chances. There's a reason we struggle in these games against a packed defence.

Ole will be regretting the decision to play De Gea. It was a foul against Lindelof, so it shouldn't have stood. But still, if a cross comes that close to the keeper, he should be taking it. It was on the six yard line for gods sake. Keeper's all day long.

He'll also be regretting not playing Greenwood from the start. Martial did nothing and Rashford just doesn't work down the right. We looked so much better once he came on.

We've been stupidly dragged into the top four race proper now, having burned through our small advantage at the top. Stupid points dropped and now the top is under threat again.

Swivel Hips

When you watch City or Liverpool play, when they have the ball there are always players moving all around the pitch, whenUnited get it they just stand around. I am sorry it’s all down to coaching.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Well our gameplan of Bruno constantly saving the day has hit the bluffers.

OldSchoolManc

Poor performance along with Pawson doing all he could to give West Brom an advantage. Then you have a fat useless Leeds fan on VAR

redom

Not sure how much progress this team has actually made apart from just being what we were + Bruno. Now that might still constitute progress to be fair as player recruitment is important but unless the team as a whole are evolving and learning then we're still going to keep coming unstuck in the same ways as before unless we get bailed out by a flash of inspiration.

We still look very reliant on teams having a go so that we can counter them as breaking down a deep and rigid defense leaves us looking clueless, and we're still very fragile at the back so regularly find ourselves having to climb out of hole instead of having the initiative in the match.

davidbackham7

No one in our front 4/5 deserve a space over Amad at this stage except Bruno. No one has proved anything in these last few games and it's time to try the kid out and see if he can do something that Rash, Martial, Cavani aren't doing.

It's time to drop Cavani one way or another too and some how include Amad as a sub when he's better.
He is ill

big rons sovereign

What did De Gea do wrong in this game?
Apart from he shouldn't have been there in the first place, he was rooted to his line again when they scored. That cross comes in, he's stood flatfooted and useless, if he comes out a little there's a chance he blocks it.
Instead he stand and watches and doesn't react until its past him.
Then comes the look of confusion we've seen countless times the last few seasons.
Other than that, nothing.

hobbers

Starting Lindelof, De Gea and Martial is absolutely shit management when almost the entire squad is fit. None of them have business being on the pitch for us in the business end of the season.

Obviously Maguire belongs in that category as well but, fortunately for him, Tuanzebe has already shown he isn't up to it.

abailey123

That’s the first game I’ve watched and thought we look like we’re lacking energy. The lads looked exhausted.
Let’s be honest Ole could have hooked any one of the front 3 for Greenwood. The titles gone, we need to consolidate second

bondsname

Bottlers. They should have training sessions at gun-point so they can perform under pressure. Roy Keane with a shot-gun should make this bottle-job, pathetic mentality go away.

Devil may care

I think it's @Pogue Mahone that has the thread about Martial and Rashford being a problem and there's certainly merit in that, especially as regards Martial this season, but nothing compares to the problem of the wet lettuce wankers duo at the back, we'll keep spinning our wheels as top 4 battlers as long as they remain a starting fixture.

The passing from the double pivot in midfield today was also ass, and not the nice JLo or Megan thee Stallion variety, but the sweaty unwashed hobo variety, we couldn't pin them back properly or develop any tempo with endless sideways balls and when longer balls were on they unvariably fecked them up.

There's no positives today, West Brom are a shithouse team with a shithouse manager and the PL would be better off without the likes of them and Burnley, but ultimately today's shower of shite performance is on us, so demoralising.

DavidDeSchmikes

Concerning thing was that WBA didn't actually snatch a draw, they had some very good openings, and Diagne could have got another one.
At times we looked poorly coached

Ekeke

Big struggle at both ends of the pitch. Some days its going to be tough to score more than 1 goal, even for the top goalscorers in the league against a team with some resolute defending. I'm sure we could have done better but on the whole this season we've scored plenty of goals so when we do have a poor day going forward its hard to blame our regular goal threats too much.

However we let in 1 weak goal and could have been 2 more. Way too weak at the back like normal. Thats the opposite, where its normally problematic and today was just another example of teams and players fancying their chances to get on the scoresheet against us. And well they should. Lindelof got bullied, Maguire had problems too.

LisburnWhite

No-one can talk about Spurs being bottle jobs. We are the champions at falling short, disgusting that we get 1 point against Sheffield Utd and West Brom.
Rashford had been the worse player on our team for the last 2 months, so bad that my wife calls him RashTurd now.
So angry, rant over.

gazbradley

Just a de gea mistake away from showing all the little weaknesses of this team. Hard to try and think positive with results like them, just nowhere near good enough. We have so many players who can look good enough for periods but then like to throw in a performance like that to remind you how poor they can be

Ole'sattheWheel

I thought WBA played really well to be fair.
Defended solidly. Goal line clearances, good GK performance, overturned pen, hit the woodwork in stoppage time, ref blew on 95:00 but gave Everton an extra 2mins last week.

Not happy with the result at all but we're just not getting the rub of the green atm.

I honestly still don't think I've recovered from that Everton game - the best I've seen us play in years and we leak shite goals like that.

Need a CB this summer - A good one. Can't keep conceding dodgy goals like this

MyDevil

This one was on Solskjaer. The longer he persists in starting Martial and Rashford on the flanks the further down the league we'll go.
This. Greenwood on the right. Rashford is completely wasted if not on the left. And what had happened to Mata? He should be on the bench ahead of those defenders.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We created two half chances in whole game. Against WBA. They even had much better chances than we did. Pathetic

bsCallout

Ole fanboys will have loads of excuses for him ready again.

Starting Lindelof, Martial and De Gea today is a stackable offense
No option but to start Lindelof. Bailly is not fit(recently back in training).

Martial and Rashford are both desperate to be dropped it seems.

DDG should have left 2 years ago.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I can’t even be bothered to get annoyed. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. We are in a similar scenario to Spurs really. Our results have reverted to mean based on the underlying performance level. Nothing to see here, this is just where we are at.

Renegade

Our captain is so uninspiring! Who the hell listens this guy in the changing room?

OneUnited24

Every game we lose/draw it’s ‘a refereeing mistake’; sorry but we should be scoring 2+ versus that lot regardless; we were as lucky to only concede one as we were to unlucky not scoring more.

We lack any fight.
Sorry but surely if the margin is that tight and it’s a refereeing hawler it’s cause for feeling hard done by? I’m so sick of fans expecting wins and washing off any mistakes. I can never see the point of statements like that “um it doesn’t matter that the car has no engine I’m only selling for what I brought it for”

it’s a valid reason to be annoyed yet people act like it’s not

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Not buying a winger in the Summer has bitten us here. We bought two youngsters who are nowhere near the 1st team, and when the majority of our attack output comes from the wings we rely in AWB and a right footed rashford crossing it in.

That and signing a CB too, considering we don't have a partner for Maguire. Top 4 fight to focus on and accept another City title. Rinse and repeat for 21/22 when no real changes are made

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
10 points in 7 games.

We've played all the bottom 3 in that run.

We're in trouble of falling out of the top 4 if Chelsea maintain their good run/Everton find some form.

We were so lackadaisical, spent most the 90 minutes not trying and being out fought. To fecking WBA.

Martial, Lindelof, Rashford in particular were useless. We're in trouble.

The good run/bad run Ole cycle continues. So inconsistent it hurts.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Brom 0:2 Man Utd
  • 28% West Brom 0:3 Man Utd