PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 10 May 2016

marlowe78

We are neither one or the other, atm. Failing both ways around. But a minimum of physical presence would help a lot.
We look like we are expecting that to be Fellaini, on his own, when he plays - which we don't want him to.

Not quite sure what I'm trying to say but I don't think the complaints about tactics & attitude are being directed at the heart of the problem which is mismanagement in getting hold of players who aren't good enough and neglecting to get absolute basics of squad structure right.

If it were a game of cards, we've dealt ourselves a shit hand.
I actually think for the most part, our teams under SAF in the last few years weren't physical, either, outside of maybe Ferdinand, Vidic, and Scholes (maybe 1 or 2 others?). We offset a lot of this by playing a fast attacking game that used all of our player's skill sets and put teams like West Ham and Stoke at a disadvantage. By having two world-class CBs and very good defenders like Brown and younger Evans we had a lot of backbone that took pressure off the players in front of them and allowed them to play their game.

Now, we play a game so lacking in energy and drive that we basically slow up the game for teams like West Ham to impose themselves on us. And now we have Smalling and Blind as the two players trying to spearhead everything from the back, one of whom is poor with the ball and the other who gets bullied against the right kind of opposition. It just bewilders me that CB was a position where we didn't strengthen at all in the last couple of transfer windows and we actually played with the idea of pairing Blind with Jones to start the season, which was dashed by Jones getting injured yet again.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Why haven't the FA punished West Ham yet?

Taxx

Why haven't the FA punished West Ham yet?
I mean, an attack like that can't go unpunished?

It's probably due to the many, many people that did it (there were plenty more than 3 bottles, like the BBC said), and finding out exactly who those people are is probably going to take time.

FC Ronaldo

I mean, an attack like that can't go unpunished?

It's probably due to the many, many people that did it (there were plenty more than 3 bottles, like the BBC said), and finding out exactly who those people are is probably going to take time.
Yeah I mean I'm not holding out for every person to be identified and charged here so soon but the club are ultimately accountable and responsible for their actions. The FA should be punishing them immediately. There simply is no excuse - last game at the stadium or not. They move quicker than this to ban players and this is much more severe.

Taxx

If they can't ban any single individuals, then the club should take the fall, seeing at it's their fans. I mean, attacking a bus, come on. fecking children.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Yeah I mean I'm not holding out for every person to be identified and charged here so soon but the club are ultimately accountable and responsible for their actions. The FA should be punishing them immediately. There simply is no excuse - last game at the stadium or not. They move quicker than this to ban players and this is much more severe.
If they were just scrotes that turned up without tickets then policing them outside the ground is the job of the police surely? Why a huge mob was allowed to gather on a public road without several public order units moving them on is a failing on their behalf.

I was there when some of our lads put in the windows of a City fan bus, they were singing Munich songs until that happened then they went crying for the police. None of the lads were charged with criminal damage or any of that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If they were just scrotes that turned up without tickets then policing them outside the ground is the job of the police surely? Why a huge mob was allowed to gather on a public road without several public order units moving them on is a failing on their behalf.

I was there when some of our lads put in the windows of a City fan bus, they were singing Munich songs until that happened then they went crying for the police. None of the lads were charged with criminal damage or any of that.
Yeah - the actions outside the ground are not the fault or responsibility of the club. Its a police and security issue.

Really no idea why the police were so unprepared for the situation. The aggressive over crowding was 99% predictable by a layman, so the police with all the inside contacts and special information must have known it would happen.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

The philosophy at work in a must win game.
Well, we scored 2 goals, from 3 shots.
Our target was to score 1 goal.
We got higher possession.
All in all, I think LVG will be very happy with that.

FC Ronaldo

How the hell have West Ham still not been fined or banned or penalised? The FA are a joke!!!

Taxx

How the hell have West Ham still not been fined or banned or penalised? The FA are a joke!!!
Is there any news on this? Seems incredible if nothing is being done about our bus being attacked on the way to the grounds.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 94% of 647 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw