PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 29 September 2018

Red Stone

To be fair, the abysmal transfer window is one thing we probably can't blame Jose for. He had his targets but I don't think the club obliged at all.
Agreed. Mourinho has to go, but he's not the only one. Woodward definitely hasn't done his job well enough either, and the fact that he's been a constant for the entire time since Moyes tanked us five years ago is beginning to appear quite telling.

RedDevil-85

Soul crushing to watch this shit.
Mourinho absolutely clueless,the line up,the tactics and the fecking subs he made:wenger:
Needs sacking asap

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Caley says everything you need to know: “tragic” and no idea how we were “supposed to attack”.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Being a footballer isn’t a normal job so it’s not an apt comparison. There’s people playing five a side with more heart than that. Mourinho is making plenty of mistakes but do you really believe he doesn’t care if the team loses?
If this was game was happening to his Chelsea side of back when, that Jose would have made two subs at around 30 minutes and changed everything... because that Jose wanted to win.

We started this game with one of the worst approaches to a game I've ever seen from us, and he didn't make any changes... and he cares? No chance.

Oh and he also took off a centre back and left McTominay - not a CB - to continue playing at centre back.

He also took off Pogba and Martial (people who can score goas) and left on Matic....

So yeah, no way you can convince me that Jose cared today... for me he gave less of a shit then any of our players did.

acnumber9

If this was game was happening to his Chelsea side of back when, that Jose would have made two subs at around 30 minutes and changed everything... because that Jose wanted to win.

We started this game with one of the worst approaches to a game I've ever seen from us, and he didn't make any changes... and he cares? No chance.

Oh and he also took off a centre back and left McTominay - not a CB - to continue playing at centre back.

He also took off Pogba and Martial (people who can score goas) and left on Matic....

So yeah, no way you can convince me that Jose cared today... for me he gave less of a shit then any of our players did.
He certainly seems a defeated man which I can’t argue with. I still think he cares that we don’t win. Not because of any love for United but for his own reputation and legacy. I don’t think there can be any argument he definitely cares about that.

Roboc7

That wasn’t a poor performance. That was a protest by the players. Mourinho has lost the dressing room.
Team selection was a protest/delusion/desperation from the manager. That team performed as expected given the selection, mindset and tactics set out by the manager.

Sadly we have months of this to go through now, season is a total write off unless the manger goes which is not going to happen.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I do wanted Jose to build a new Manchester United Empire, I honestly thought he was the man who should have replaced Fergie to carry on his legacy.

I was so so wrong.

He must go, not tomorrow but now.

We had the warnings last season and pre season.

The guy wants his payout, give and get rid.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wow, Mourinho essentially conceded that he only picked Martial over Sanchez as the fans were calling for it (and that the implication was that it wasn’t going to be the solution).

Pscholes18

Hindsight is 20/20, but thank God they didn't give this cnut another 400mil to waste this past summer. Klopp still available? Oh wait....nevermind.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He has plenty of backing, spending is an excuse that cannot be used anymore.
Well I'm saying they're related but different. We can't buy players for cheap anyway so it's a moot point how much we're spending as we'd inevitably do the same for any manager. It makes a bigger difference if the board are obliging by going after key targets, which is something they didn't do for Alderweireld or Perisic. Maybe Willian too.

Beyond that, the club spends stupid amounts of money on individual players to show its power to mask our deficiencies. That's a decision that rests with the board and is quite obviously a branding tool straight from the Madrid School of Galactico Thought.

GarethB48

That’s the worst performance this season by a mile.

Players have no confidence or belief in what their tactics as a team or individuals is supposed to be.

Imagine getting over run and out played by West Ham?

The marking for West Ham’s third goal, never mind the time and space Noble had to play the pass, Jesus Christ.

This is only going to get worse.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wow, Mourinho essentially conceded that he only picked Martial over Sanchez as the fans were calling for it (and that the implication was that it wasn’t going to be the solution).
The man is a cretin

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Let's be real Most of you on the cafe has been screaming for Martial to be played. He plays does nothing.
Rashford comes on he scores.
Pogba was poor as well
Lukaku was poor

Kopral Jono

That was a Mourinho sabotage and the players knew it. I don't know what else to say except for pointing out that we're a fecking disgrace as a club from top to bottom.

Thiagoal

He certainly seems a defeated man which I can’t argue with. I still think he cares that we don’t win. Not because of any love for United but for his own reputation and legacy. I don’t think there can be any argument he definitely cares about that.
I'm not even sure about that! Think he's totally burnt out and needs to retire before his legacy is torn to pieces

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He probably does... But if he thinks/knows his time is up here, then he'll probably just want a pay out and move on ASAP

Miles Platting

Mr Mourinho lost the plot at Chelsea, he is living in the past when he had the likes of Terry and Lampard and other top class players to pick from, he will be gone by the time we play City in November.

Vinnie Peetang

All Mourinho wanted was one proper defender - and the biggest club in the world cannot deliver on this simple ask. Mourinho must feel he has to fight the whole Man Utd club before he even starts to take on the Premier League and Champions League. How long will we stand for incompetency in this club before we back a world-class manager who has won trophies everywhere he has been? This club has lost the plot.

hobbers

Let's be real Most of you on the cafe has been screaming for Martial to be played. He plays does nothing.
Rashford comes on he scores.
Pogba was poor as well
Lukaku was poor
He does nothing but to be fair that's still more than Sanchez.

Lukaku is more tragically shite than either of course.

We'd be better off playing Rashford and Martial up front with Sanchez behind them.

Thiagoal

All Mourinho wanted was one proper defender - and the biggest club in the world cannot deliver on this simple ask. Mourinho must feel he has to fight the whole Man Utd club before he even starts to take on the Premier League and Champions League. How long will we stand for incompetency in this club before we back a world-class manager who has won trophies everywhere he has been? This club has lost the plot.
If you think one defender would have fixed his negative tactics and relationship with his squad then you may be deluded

Cloud7

Back at the hotel already, Jose? What did you say to the players after the game?

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% West Ham 2:1 Man Utd