PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 October 2022

Foxbatt

Our midfield gets overrun because we don't have anyone up front who can hold the ball. We always had players up front who can hold the ball and keep possession. After Rooney left, we don't have any. At least I can't remember anyone. Even Zlatan is not that good as keeping possession. That gives the midfield a breather and for the defense to push up a bit and close up the space.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like Lindelof, especially at bringing the ball out, but if he had been playing against West Ham, we might well have lost, (despite DeGea's great saves) ... Lindy gets 'bullied' too easily for me.
True, just goes to show our squad depth is awful. After Varane and martinez we have average CB.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Our midfield gets overrun because we don't have anyone up front who can hold the ball. We always had players up front who can hold the ball and keep possession. After Rooney left, we don't have any. At least I can't remember anyone. Even Zlatan is not that good as keeping possession. That gives the midfield a breather and for the defense to push up a bit and close up the space.
I think martial is the one we have that can hold up and link up play. It’s very hard to find a striker with good hold up play and who has pace. Normally a lot of them are tall physical strikers.

RedorDead21

Dalot was immense, MOTM. Just goes to show you can’t pass early judgments on young players, so those doubting Sancho may want to rethink their sweeping conclusions of him.
Yeah guilty. I just look at Sancho and think how can someone that slow be effective. Despite the evidence of players of similar speed proving my thinking wrong. He’ll get the time to turn it around due to the massive fee/wages and no one eager anytime soon to buy him. If he’s in similar form this time next season it’s probably not going to happen for him. Hopefully wr can take him out of the team more than rashford last season.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 388 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham