PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2023

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
If this was my save in FM…I’d be restarting the game and overwriting my save.

Betson

At least the club are providing a good laugh to opposition supporters , without that there would be no point to us at all.

laughtersassassin

I mean there's nothing to discuss. ETH built one of the worst teams in the league.

Statistically the worst modern day Man Utd team in nearly every way. And it's not close ....

RedIan

Unreal how we lost that game. We were in full control but toothless up front and playing in third gear. Garnacho should have scored an easy chance. 4 games without a goal highlights a serious problem upfront. BUY BUY BUY a decent striker.
west ham were bloody awful until they scored then we capitulate as usual.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Yet another soulless, insipid, dour performance. I suspect EtH is on the way out. We have no heart and cannot create a chance worthy of the name. Bruno brings absolutely nothing to this team and has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

Parma Dewol

West Ham were really poor today and beat us by two goals without breaking a sweat.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hell of a season is this :lol:

r0663664

Worships Man City
Usual performance serve, free falling all the way down. Losing is not a surprise to me now, winning had now become a surprise and that's how bad we are. 400 million spend no wrong players which is amazing.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've long since stop being surprised by this rubbish. The club is dead on its feet, packed to the gills with overrated vastly-expensive garbage at every level.

No point getting angry or upset anymore, as whatever this thing calling itself Man United is is not worth the effort.

hp88

We’re a mid table side, we just need to live with it now.

Mike Smalling

It's time to accept that we are not some top four team down on our luck with injuries that can turn it around in the second half of the season. 7th to 9th is where we belong.

Player for player, were we any better than West Ham today? I don't think so. I'd argue that outside of Shaw and Bruno, every single one of our starters are bang average at best.

The Hilton

Totally on top until their goal, our big problem is that we just don't look like scoring even with multiple 1 on 1s.

Still, the defence we're having to field is ridiculous, Evans and Kambwala is desperate.

killerboi2

I had a feeling we would be back to normal in this match after all the praise on here after the 0-0 draw against liverpool.

Strangest Tribe

Meh, just numb to it all now and as long as the rats are in charge of our club then absolutely nothing will change, a club that prioritises profits over trophies and if they don’t care then why the fvck should I.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We really need to get a grip at the top level of the club. Ratcliff better come in and take control given he gave the parasites the chance to stick around :mad:

We’ve got a shed load of players around the club who should no longer be here

Maguire
McT
Lindelof
Dalot
Martial
Bruno

All have been around for long enough with very little success. We’ve barely even looked like a team while most of these have been here. ETH needs to be able to cut the dross and shape his own squad.

siw2007

Not good enough again, I think it’s 4 in row with no goals now. I didn’t think we exactly should have lost that game, but we had no threat going forwards so we’re always playing with defeat. Kambwala had decent debut. Mainoo played well but will have to take that mistake for the 2nd on the chin. The main problem was that there is no quality in the final third and outside of Mainoo, very little in the middle either.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Unreal how we lost that game. We were in full control but toothless up front and playing in third gear. Garnacho should have scored an easy chance. 4 games without a goal highlights a serious problem upfront. BUY BUY BUY a decent striker.
west ham were bloody awful until they scored then we capitulate as usual.
We don't create any chances so I wouldn't even be confident Haaland would make a difference to us.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Bruno back, no problem (for West Ham). We finally get a positive result in a top half away fixture last week and ETH immediately goes back to this monstrosity of a midfield with McTominay and Bruno. He’s clueless.
Said in ETH thread, will lose if he starts with bruno and mctom.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Turned off on 70 as had to get to a local game. Shocked to see a near instant goal then the 2nd.
2 terrible teams and we still lose

Swedish_Plumber

No quality on the pitch and no quality off the pitch, this is a club in free fall and I see nothing that can change that. 10 years of mismanagement has brought us to this point.
This level has been coming for a while. We’ve managed to almost inexplicably get by over the last few years with squads that are nowhere near good enough. It’s an utter shambles.

Old Ma Crow

ETH didn’t learn anything at Anfield and starts Bruno and McTominay together again.

Eriku

I’d be beying for ETH’s blood if I had any confidence in us getting our shit together under any other manager. That said, I wouldn’t mind seeing the back of him. Ole, LvG, and Mourinho all managed to make us look far better than he has for any stretch of time.

Yanited__

Just losing interest in the team now. It's a tough watch, we're barely creating chances let alone scoring them!

ken11

Onana's positioning on the 2nd goal is terrible. Hugging the near post when he should be more central.

The-Mezzala

We’re a mid table side, we just need to live with it now.
Until we get a proper director of football in place with a scouting system. These results will keep happening. The Whitwell twitter post or article in The Athletic summed up so much what is wrong here. I was Ten Hag out but after reading that. You could bring Pep and De Zerbi here as co managers and same things will keep happening.

Okey

We play really shite football. Off the cuff, Sunday league stuff. Just being done by players that are better than Sunday league level. So a few good moments ensue, once in a while. We look barely coached. One of our worst performances this season. Like I've said before, this isn't going anywhere. It's a matter of if, not when. I only hope they sort out the football hierarchy above before getting a new coach. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Flying_Heckfish

Brain dead decisions with the chances we had. Once west ham realised there was nothing to be scared of they went up a gear and made short work of us. We had no threat or invention whatsoever.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 12% West Ham 2:0 Man Utd