Post match - What do you do?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Genuine question to a lot of you on here ....

What do you the majority of you do after a game? Really intrigues me these days because of how easy it is to log on here, check twitter etc ... which may give a completely unrealistic representation of course.

Personally, if I’m at a game it’ll get discussed over a drink or on the journey back (home, town, wherever). If I’m at home watching on TV I’ll text a few of my mates who’ve either been or are watching too, ring my dad and then 10-20 minutes later it’s over and I’m on with life.

Is the cause of so much negativity around here and on Twitter/social media the fact people have nothing better to do? No one to talk to about the game that they actually consider friends and family? A massive over analysis from people that aren’t trained or qualified in football analysis.

This is far from me insulting those of you that do this, so please don’t misinterpret what I’m asking. I’m just genuinely curious as to why different people from all different backgrounds react so angrily and negatively to a football match.

Spaghetti

Mom's
My usual post match routine is to send racist messages to players.

I am, of course, kidding. I usually message people and discuss the game.

Regarding the negativity, I put it very much down to the Internet. I actually thought we played pretty well today, but after reading The Caf for 10 minutes I feel like we will be lucky if we finish 19th.

el3mel

Slaughter some players and the manager then move on with my life.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
These days in the case of a bad result I might check the Caf to see what threads have been created in the immediate aftermath, but then I usually don’t bother reading until later, if at all.

Usually I just go and do something else in a moody-fashion but nothing more - bad results have happened so often and for so long that I’m gradually becoming desensitised.

A good result, I’ll read the Caf for ages afterwards, basking in the positivity of the Caf :lol: