Potential RB Options

Chicharo

I think RB is not our highest priority bearing in mind CB,DCM,CM, CF and RF are our primary concerns. I don't think we'll even buy players to fill in those positions, let alone RB. That's 5-6 players, it ain't gonna happen. It rarely happens with other clubs let alone with the the Glazers in charge. Give Laird a chance

jesperjaap

We have Bissaka, Dalot, Williams and Laird so four options. We only buy a roght back if at least two are sold. DAlot should cerainly be sold in my opinion but wouldnt be surprised to see him be another getting a contract extension that shouldnt. Bissaka is more likely, but probably the only one.

As for potential righ back options:

Mazraoui is the sensible option. Free, good age, most likely new manager knows him.

Personally I would target one of two teens though:

a) Livaramento - Really stood out for Chelsea in youth games against us. Fantastic engine and pace getting forward. Haf players blockign his path for Chelsea but is already doing well at SOuthampton. A long term investment, but I do think he could come in and establish himself as a starter by Christmas and be a really exciting full back for a good decade plus here. Premiership prices may make him costly though?

b) Malo Gusto - He would be my first choice, only seen him three times. However, only watched Nuno Mendes once last season and that was all it took to feel he was a potential star in the making, feel the same about Gusto. ALready looks experienced, good positioning and reading of the game and from what I have seen he is quick, he can tackle and he has great delivery and decision making going forward. Potential to be the best right back in the world. £20-25m I feel again we have a quality right back for 15years or a player we sell for a lot of money in a few years time to one of Spains biggest clubs......sayign all that I thought Bissaka would develop into world class right back

G-manc

Isn't Sergino Dest out of favour at Barca? Has the Ajax link too if we get ETH

bucky

Malo Gusto from Lyon and Vanderson from Monaco both look promising from what I've seen. We have Laird though, I'd be surprised, if we go for another player in that age bracket.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Every time I’ve switched on to catch Garner for Nottingham I usually find myself impressed by Nottinghams loanee Djed Spence.

If Middlesbrough don’t go up could he be a cheap option for our RB, is he good enough?
It's been reported that he is on the list of Bayern (where a RB is top priority in summer) and also BVB, so they seem to consider him good enough, potentially. Brazzo's been focusing on getting Mazraoui to sign now, but if that doesn't happen we might be back in for him. Would apparently cost 15m or so, so not cheap for a youngster from 2nd division.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m still firmly in the Ethan Laird camp. Less talented kids than him have gotten an opportunity in the first team of late. Just play him and see.

JohnnyLaw

It's been reported that he is on the list of Bayern (where a RB is top priority in summer) and also BVB, so they seem to consider him good enough, potentially. Brazzo's been focusing on getting Mazraoui to sign now, but if that doesn't happen we might be back in for him. Would apparently cost 15m or so, so not cheap for a youngster from 2nd division.
Interesting. Bayerns been there before with Richards, I saw that he’s actually gotten a few games for them this year aswell.

By our standards 15m is a very low fee, and
we could quite possibly even make a profit by selling one of Dalot/AWB.

Not seen enough of the guy but he’s a big fullback, technical and at least attacking-wise looks to have the aggression/hunger that Ragnick has been asking for.

LuckyScout78

I missed that Hakimi train to Paris. Now i am considering to sit on the Dumfries train from Inter to Old Trafford.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Aaron Hickey would be a good addition. Had a very good game against Milan.

jesperjaap

See Max Aarons getting linked and remember people mentioning him a lot a couple of years ago on here. Personally dont see it myself with him, seems more like Nathan Clyne kind of level as an example, a good right back, not good enough for a top side though.

Not seen him but guess of we want to give Laird an opportunity then Timber makes sense as also a potential starting centre back.

I really want Livaramento or Gusto of Lyon, think both have great potential, the other one seen a couple of times, though one of those playing further forward who looks really talented s Vanderson at Monaco, googled him and impressive youtube videos in Brazil and see he moved only in January for £10m odd, looks a steal and one to look out for

dinostar77

I think RB is not our highest priority bearing in mind CB,DCM,CM, CF and RF are our primary concerns. I don't think we'll even buy players to fill in those positions, let alone RB. That's 5-6 players, it ain't gonna happen. It rarely happens with other clubs let alone with the the Glazers in charge. Give Laird a chance
Centre Forward, Centre Mid and Centre Back are the priorities. Cant see Utd looking at fullbacks for either side this summer. Theres also the chance that some of our players will improve with proper coaching from ETH.

Hughie77

Reading again, Max Aaron's from Norwich. I do like him reminds a bit of A Paul Parker kind of player.

Is he what we need is he a upgrade on Dalot, AWB, and williams is on loan there now. Priority I think should be else where, but he is a very good right back.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Considering we need to replace

Cavani
Mata
Lingard
Pogba
Matic

All of who will leave on a free I'm not sure we will have the funds to get a right back as well ... especially as there is the Greenwood situation and uncertainly about ronaldo

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Cavani
Mata
Lingard
Pogba
Matic

All of who will leave on a free I'm not sure we will have the funds to get a right back as well ... especially as there is the Greenwood situation and uncertainly about ronaldo
Lingard and Mata do not really play anyway and could be replaced by youth talent.

If we want to do well we need to get a fullback in the summer. Just sell one and replace them

Elcabron

Cavani
Mata
Lingard
Pogba
Matic

Sell AVB and Dalot and use funds to buy a new right back. We desperately need one. We should also be raising funds by selling Bailey, Henderson, Williams, Tzunzabe, Peirrera, and hopefully Martial.

marktan

We should take a lead out of playbook of NFL teams, a lot of teams have holes in their team but can't find the right person in the draft, so they bank their draft pick for another year while they wait for the right player.

Domestically alone we'd need a RB as good as TAA, Reece James or Cancelo - a player like Max Aarons is not same level of talent as them. I've watched him a decent amount too - he's okay on the ball but there's not an area of his game that's excellent - I'd rate him about as good (if not worse) as Dalot currently.

We've suffered too much from poor scouting - saying we need xyz position now at this very moment, and looking around and thinking the best we can find is players like Sancho and AWB and so we have to buy them. Honestly I'd rather prefer if had held on to our money, use like a million to hire 10 expert scouts, get them to trawl the top 20 leagues in the world and analyse and find a talent that could actually be the best of the best - and not just going for whatever flavour of the month has looked good at a team like Leicester or Lyon. We picked Evra from Monaco, Rafael came from Brazil, Robertson from Hull, there's talent out there if you search well enough for it. If not, then don't spend the money.

Like take Spence for example - he's a good a player, and would make a good right back for a lower level PL team. Does he have the base talent to be the next Reece James or Cancelo? No he does not.

aeh1991

Jeremie Frimpong could be a good candidate. Young, fast, explosive and most of all, Dutch (Ten Hag connection).
One of the best RBs in the Bundesliga, if not the best. But RB not priority in my opinion.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
awb...dalot...williams...laird

lets sell / loan three of them before we consider spending any money on a rb

our midfield next season is currently looking like
mcfred and Bruno
Garner and vdb possibly coming back of loan

Need 2 or three players there as a priority

avgp_1

Laird looked decent against Fulham who are pretty much the peak of the bunch in the division. I think ETH may like him and be inclined to give him a shot next season, cant go in with Dalot and AWB alone, they are trainwrecks

jesperjaap

Laird looked decent against Fulham who are pretty much the peak of the bunch in the division. I think ETH may like him and be inclined to give him a shot next season, cant go in with Dalot and AWB alone, they are trainwrecks
I worry DAlot stays and even gets a new contract, Bissaka is a much better right back in my opinion and both need to go.

All for givign Laird a chance.....as the back up right back, we certainly need a new signing in this position

Infra-red

Youcef Atal always looks impressive on the odd occasion I have watched him. Very aggressive in his positioning and eagerness to get forward, but also quite physical and would adapt well to the Premier League I think. Two-footed too, which I can imagine Ten Hag quite liking. With his leap (and diminutive stature), he reminds me a bit of (a right-sided) Patrice Evra. He has 12 months left on his current deal.

MUFC OK

We should be all over that for £15m. Top top prospect, hopefully this news alerts our board and we can get a bid in.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be a good signing to battle it out with Dalot next season. I'd like to see Dalot in a more settled environment, I still think there's potential there. Hard to believe he's still only 23.

TOPREDIAMNOT

We have Bissaka, Dalot, Williams and Laird so four options. We only buy a roght back if at least two are sold. DAlot should cerainly be sold in my opinion but wouldnt be surprised to see him be another getting a contract extension that shouldnt. Bissaka is more likely, but probably the only one.

As for potential righ back options:

Mazraoui is the sensible option. Free, good age, most likely new manager knows him.

Personally I would target one of two teens though:

a) Livaramento - Really stood out for Chelsea in youth games against us. Fantastic engine and pace getting forward. Haf players blockign his path for Chelsea but is already doing well at SOuthampton. A long term investment, but I do think he could come in and establish himself as a starter by Christmas and be a really exciting full back for a good decade plus here. Premiership prices may make him costly though?

b) Malo Gusto - He would be my first choice, only seen him three times. However, only watched Nuno Mendes once last season and that was all it took to feel he was a potential star in the making, feel the same about Gusto. ALready looks experienced, good positioning and reading of the game and from what I have seen he is quick, he can tackle and he has great delivery and decision making going forward. Potential to be the best right back in the world. £20-25m I feel again we have a quality right back for 15years or a player we sell for a lot of money in a few years time to one of Spains biggest clubs......sayign all that I thought Bissaka would develop into world class right back
Sell the lot for £40m. BUY one top RB and promote a youth for back up.

Why do Utd seem to have 4-6 average Joe's every where on the field?

jesperjaap

Sell the lot for £40m. BUY one top RB and promote a youth for back up.

Why do Utd seem to have 4-6 average Joe's every where on the field?
I agree, who though, I think there are a number of exciting young centre backs about but dont see the "he is the obvious target" at right back like there are some obvious ones in other positions

jesperjaap

We should be all over that for £15m. Top top prospect, hopefully this news alerts our board and we can get a bid in.
Thing is "top prospect" we have one in Laird and for me at least the "battling it out with DAlot" type comments, would peopl ebe happy with youngsters battling it out with Dalot as a first choice, he is garbage.

ALso £15m may be a good deal but then there are younger players such as Gusto abroad who is younger, mor eexperienced and a huge prospect as well who would be a similar price

jesperjaap

Would be a good signing to battle it out with Dalot next season. I'd like to see Dalot in a more settled environment, I still think there's potential there. Hard to believe he's still only 23.
Really dont get the backing of DAlot myself. Milan didnt watn to buy him, never made a mark and now Bissaka has regressed and has been awful,t o me at least he seems to be proving again and again he simpl yisnt good enough and Bissaka still looks a better option, obviously Ranhnick disagrees but Id love Dalot to be sold, or at the very least hold on for a year until Ten Hag realises he is gardbage to and he leaves on a free

Reiver

Calvin Ramsay at Aberdeen, I think he's 18. Obviously not one for right now but I've seen him live a couple of times this season and I think he could go on to be the real deal.