Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

SparkedIntoLife

Not stunning stats but Ekitike is only 19, has had injuries this season and has huge potential by all accounts. Developing behind Ronaldo for a season might be a smart move.

roseguy64

I'd be fine with Ekitike, Abraham or Scamacca as our striker target with Ronaldo staying. Abraham might be the most expensive out of those options.

jesperjaap

Not stunning stats but Ekitike is only 19, has had injuries this season and has huge potential by all accounts. Developing behind Ronaldo for a season might be a smart move.
From the little I have seen of him he has a lot of potential. Think its all about the fee as seems to be a fair bit of interest in him.

I have to say though if we have £200m, Nunez at £70m off or Richarlison at £50m+ both seem underwhelming to me. I really like Richarlison, but the consistency and again he is better on the left than right or up front, weird choice. I havent seen a huge amount of Nunez, seems to get goals, work hard, have strength and godo finishing, but Cavani comparisons seem wide of the mark for me bar being big, tall and Uruguayan. Cavani was an absolute beast at a similar age in Serie A, top sorer in the league, brilliant in the air, technically superb, already looked one of the best strikers in the world (think he has been so under rated his whole career), Im just nto sure I see it in Nunez, good promising player and suit the premiership but I dont know £70m seems massively excessive and just a hunch and gut feeling, I think he would flop here

Hackman2210

Lets have a punt on Pukki - he looks lethal! Cheap as chips as well - plenty of money left for the mythical DM we've been asking for since the dawn of DM's. Lets scrap all the pseudo football talk, high press, false nine, inverted christmas tree, compacted anal gland etc. Lets go back to the good old 442 - big man, little man striker combo. It worked for years til all these foreigners came over here with their big ideas about how to play football. False nine!! My wifes got one of those under the bed...............

AdNani

Striker options are very thin, so you shouldn't be surprised. Folks suggesting we should spunk £80m on Nunez are absolutely mental. This is his first good season and he's out-performing his xG by a crazy amount, even Son numbers don't show that discrepancy. Considering we don't have CL football, we shouldn't be looking to sign an expensive striker unless Ronaldo wants to leave. Those funds can be used elsewhere.

Richarlison if Everton go down would be my pick, he can play across the front 3, is fast, strong and ambidextrous.
he's also shite

Bojan Djordjic

Adam Hlozek, looks like a good young striker. He's tall, mobile, appears good in tight spaces and has a ferocious shot on him. Couldn't be that expensive either.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Did Madrid get some new Saudi backers? Seem to be splashing the cash recently.
Havent spent that much past couple of year and have reduced their wage bill significantly.

And they have been winning trophies. And selling duds.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
There is an underrated name which I was raving about before he went to Europe, Yuri Alberto. He was signed by Zenit recently and had a good start. I wonder if with the war situation he can be loaned.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

He's class.
He is, Serie A MVP this season and a big part of why they ended their 11 year title drought. His best performances were in the biggest matches/moments too.

Would've wanted us to be after him last summer when his fee could've been fair but this summer he's too valuable to Milan to let go for anything less than a massive fee. Even Pep was sniffing around him before he joined Milan.

He'd be the perfect second striker/forward to play off his Portugal teammate Ronaldo. He can more than make up for the latters lack of pace

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We’re being linked to nkunku quite a bit… is he more a striker or more like a scoring midfielder?

Primex

We should have gotten vlahovic,when we had the chance.All other options seems flawed in one or two aspect.
Nunez- link-up play.
nkunku- not a 9.( could end up like jovic or Werner)
David- doesn't score enough.
Osihmen- too expensive.
Martinez- isn't a nine,(plays better with a target man next to him).
Abraham- .
Lukaku- .
Like it or not there isn't much we can get from the strikers market.
If jovic is half as good as he was hyped to be,then he's worth a shot.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haven't watched him in a while, but what's Dybala like these days? He'd certainly fall under the category of a versatile attacker, as he can play right wing, striker and attacking midfielder. Free transfer, too.

Redcy

Haven't watched him in a while, but what's Dybala like these days? He'd certainly fall under the category of a versatile attacker, as he can play right wing, striker and attacking midfielder. Free transfer, too.
worse than when we were in for him. Expensive, high wages, wouldn’t want to be here.

Cathy Ferguson

We should have gotten vlahovic,when we had the chance.All other options seems flawed in one or two aspect.
Nunez- link-up play.
nkunku- not a 9.( could end up like jovic or Werner)
David- doesn't score enough.
Osihmen- too expensive.
Martinez- isn't a nine,(plays better with a target man next to him).
Abraham- .
Lukaku- .
Like it or not there isn't much we can get from the strikers market.
If jovic is half as good as he was hyped to be,then he's worth a shot.
Richarlison is often mentioned but I guess he would be quite expensive. Versatile but not very prolific.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He'll either extend his deal with the "promise" of a lot more gametime after we sign a new striker or probably downgrade somewhere in the league where he's guaranteed to start.
There was also german rumours and seeing how players with a similar build are faring nowadays in the BL, it could be a good idea. Not sure where though.
I was wondering if Dortmund would be going for him

userman

Joao Pedro at Watford. I think he's a player with the potential to develop into a top class forward in the future, still only 20.
Somewhat similar to his predecessor at Watford, Richarlison, he's a versatile and hard working forward that contributes defensively.
As Ronaldo is probably staying for another season I think Pedro would be a fine option as backup and rotation for a season with the potential of being our long term solution in the striker role.
Transfermarkt values him at €10m but lets say £15-20m and he could be a bargain for the future with a role to play already next season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What's the plan with a striker being priority. So we spend 60m on Nunez only for him to be back up to Ronaldo?
If we signed him he wouldn't be back-up.

With Rangnick having said that Ronaldo doesn't want to play as a CF in the first place, I would imagine we'd see some sort of set-up where both play together quite regularly. And then there will be an increased number of games where Ronaldo is rested on top of that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Striker is a position we obviously need but have no obvious target IMO.

Id personally okay to skip it until January - see if Ronaldo stays, Greenwood is given bail and players like Shoretire maybe given chances.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Id personally okay to skip it until January - see if Ronaldo stays, Greenwood is given bail and players like Shoretire maybe given chances.
No white text ? :confused:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Oh my.

Bojan Djordjic

Jesus, would you really be happy for Greenwood to play for the club again?

AussieDevil

Joao Pedro at Watford. I think he's a player with the potential to develop into a top class forward in the future, still only 20.
Somewhat similar to his predecessor at Watford, Richarlison, he's a versatile and hard working forward that contributes defensively.
As Ronaldo is probably staying for another season I think Pedro would be a fine option as backup and rotation for a season with the potential of being our long term solution in the striker role.
Transfermarkt values him at €10m but lets say £15-20m and he could be a bargain for the future with a role to play already next season.
Joao Pedro would definitely be an intriguing player to sign, especially if he comes cheap.

Bojan Djordjic

Thought Hlozek might have been another missed opportunity for a relatively cheap forward with oodles of potential.

Andersons Dietician

Jesus, would you really be happy for Greenwood to play for the club again?
I’m not sure if it’s true or not but I saw something saying all charges have been dropped against him. If that is true I guess it comes down to public perception of him and would United want someone who let’s face it may or may not be a rapist and abusive to his partner.

Sure sports teams before have stood by people under similar circumstances. I mean even Ronaldo has supposedly paid hush money to a supposed “victim” of sexual assault by himself has he not?