Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

Infra-red

We need to replace Ronaldo with someone who can lead the press and score a few goals. Jonathan David would be a good option. Or, if EtH wants a big, physical (and cheap) target man as a tactical option, Ludovic Ajorque.

M16Red

From Swansea?

Only saw him maybe twice or something when Laird played for them, is he that good?
4 games this season, zero goals.

But last season 22 goals, 6 assets in 46. Mostly playing on the right.

I normally find one or two players to watch a season, as watching utd is depressing.

gaffs

We don't have the ability to play from front to back through midfield, so we are kicking it long and it's not sticking. Rashford is useless upto, unless he has room to run in behind.

It is no glamorous, but I think we would benefit from a target / link up man upfront. Someone who can bring the wingers into play, as well as allowing Bruno and Eriksen to play off him.

May be the reason we were looking at Marko Arnautović.

croadyman

Telling that Aubameyang thread not bumped at all despite being linked to him today

troylocker

Not a striker, but Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has been phenomenally productive on the left wing the last 12 months and looks to have hit the ground running with Napoli. Will keep an eye on him this season.

SAF is the GOAT

If Juve will keep playing like this - I reckon that we could snatch Vlahovic from them in 1 or 2 years max

NoPace

We haven't discussed Tammy Abraham (and his agent apparently gets 350K every window he doesn't leave?) much but Roma will probably miss out on the CL again and he does have a lot of qualities. Chelsea can buy him back for 67 and who knows if they'll want to, but he's big and fast and 24 and English.

NoPace

Another one, and I know it would make everyone here mad and he's not really a striker and doesn't score enough goals, but Kai Havertz did play well as a false 9 for Leverkusen and you'd figure in his mid 20s he'll get stronger and be more suited to playing up top, and he can obviously link play and press and head the ball. If Chelsea get a new manager in and play 4 at the back with Mount as a 10 behind Aubameyang and proper wingers in Sterling and whoever the new manager rates (or they buy say Rafael Leao and stick Sterling on the right) then maybe they'd sell to us instead of moving him back to Germany or to Serie A for 10-15M less.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
(or they buy say Rafael Leao and stick Sterling on the right)
How about we go for Leao? I'm watching the Rossoneri right now and he's dropping yet another masterclass, although VAR just denied him his 2nd assist.

lysglimt

Scout
I think it's hard not to look Nkunku or Osimhen - that's the level we should aim at

AussieDevil

I think it's hard not to look Nkunku or Osimhen - that's the level we should aim at
Nkunku is not really a centre forward, plays behind the striker or out wide. He and Bruno would run into each other. Osimhen looks like he’d be a possible game changer, only issue is it would take a record premier league bid in the region of 120m.

AussieDevil

How about we go for Leao? I'm watching the Rossoneri right now and he's dropping yet another masterclass, although VAR just denied him his 2nd assist.
Even though he has played out wide for Milan, he was a striker coming through and at Sporting and Lille if I’m not mistaken. Could be an interesting shout.

Bondi77

I can see us making a move for Ivan Toney next summer or even in the winter depending how our existing forwards perform up til then. I can also see him making the England squad for the world cup as backup to Arry.

Bondi77

Nkunku is not really a centre forward, plays behind the striker or out wide. He and Bruno would run into each other. Osimhen looks like he’d be a possible game changer, only issue is it would take a record premier league bid in the region of 120m.
Well that is not going to happen then as it is surely only a matter of time before the rich clubs in England wise up on the other leagues fooling them into paying huge prices for their severely overrated players.

AussieDevil

Well that is not going to happen then as it is surely only a matter of time before the rich clubs in England wise up on the other leagues fooling them into paying huge prices for their severely overrated players.
Agreed.

Some of the fees are starting to get stupid, even worse than the transfer window after the Neymar transfer. Osimhen moved to Napoli for 70/75m, so I don’t blame them for wanting a stupid fee, but no one should be willing pay it either.

You can get a 25m Joao Pedro for 1/5 the price and he is 3 years younger than Osimhen and has almost 40 PL games under his belt. Way better technically as well, albeit still needs a little more development in his finishing.

Bondi77

Agreed.

Some of the fees are starting to get stupid, even worse than the transfer window after the Neymar transfer. Osimhen moved to Napoli for 70/75m, so I don’t blame them for wanting a stupid fee, but no one should be willing pay it either.

You can get a 25m Joao Pedro for 1/5 the price and he is 3 years younger than Osimhen and has almost 40 PL games under his belt. Way better technically as well, albeit still needs a little more development in his finishing.
That is right.
When you think we have paid over 150mil on Antony and Sancho and yet we would probably be better off with Toney and Mbeumo and that would have cost half the price.
I am sure there is more money going somewhere else when it comes to these deals as Stevie Wonder could see that certain players are grossly overpriced.

croadyman

Yeah wouldn't have an issue in breaking bank for Osimhen if we didn't have other issues in first XI

croadyman

I can see us making a move for Ivan Toney next summer or even in the winter depending how our existing forwards perform up til then. I can also see him making the England squad for the world cup as backup to Arry.
Certainly ahead of Calvert-Lewin now and close to being level with Abraham by November

AussieDevil

Yeah wouldn't have an issue in breaking bank for Osimhen if we didn't have other issues in first XI
There’d be so much pressure on the team as well if we line up with a 120m Osimhen infront of a 70m Sancho and 90m Antony. We’d be expected to win the lot right away, an rightly so.

AussieDevil

That is right.
When you think we have paid over 150mil on Antony and Sancho and yet we would probably be better off with Toney and Mbeumo and that would have cost half the price.
I am sure there is more money going somewhere else when it comes to these deals as Stevie Wonder could see that certain players are grossly overpriced.
Yeah we seem to always miss out on gems. Between Liverpool, Arsenal and City they signed Alvarez, Martinelli, Elliot and Carvalho for a combined 30m. Arsenal also signed another young Brazilian for 3m, Marquinhos and he tore it up in their Europa league fixture and looks like he has bags of potential.

I don’t understand how we miss out on so many of these.

Bondi77

Yeah we seem to always miss out on gems. Between Liverpool, Arsenal and City they signed Alvarez, Martinelli, Elliot and Carvalho for a combined 30m. Arsenal also signed another young Brazilian for 3m, Marquinhos and he tore it up in their Europa league fixture and looks like he has bags of potential.

Casemiro on a 5yr deal at the age of 30 and paying 60mil quid????
Where is the footballing sense in this deal for a club that is supposedly building for the future?
Makes no sense to me!

aeh1991

We spent 30m on Amad and Pellistri :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That is right.
Stevie wonder knows nothing about football

PoTMS

I mean if we paid €100m on Antony, I don't see why we can't drop similar on Osimhen or Nkunku.

SAF is the GOAT

I mean if we paid €100m on Antony, I don't see why we can't drop similar on Osimhen or Nkunku.
Unless we're qualifying to the CL this season and generate some money, I can't see us spending big next summer. The Glazers just dried the club's money.

NLunited

I like Abraham, we need a striker with some physicality. We have enough lightweight forwards.

He‘s fast and strong, English and young.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He'll have 3 years left on his contract after this season so yeah
It really is a thin market, and the worry is we go for whoever does really well this season and end up in a Nunez situation. Looking st the chart posted above about pressing, Jonathan David, Simon and Gnabry stand out as the potential decent signings if they have another good year

RkkMan

He's not a ST per se but Gakpo had a really good game today and scored taking his tally to 9 goals in 12 games
Dutch Experts have suggested he'll transition from a LW to a CF which is what I think Ten Hag wanted to do if he signed him this summer. PSV won't ask for something ridiculous too
He should be our the top forward target

CarbonStoolBites

I like Abraham, we need a striker with some physicality. We have enough lightweight forwards.

He‘s fast and strong, English and young.
He’s a donkey.
Who’s the last English player that we’ve signed that turned out a successful signing, Carrick? 16 years ago.