Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
This thread is depressing me, most suggestions better than any else are being linked with.

‘Interesting’ times

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Javier Hernandez has offered to pay for free. Certainly better and a more natural goal scorer than some of the name we've bee linked to recently...

Laurencio

Since nothing is happening, I assume Ronaldo has failed at finding a new club and will be staying.

Tragically Hip

It seems like tall and athletic strikers are in demand at the moment, so I am curious how people would rank the following from best to worst: Haaland, Nunez, Scamacca, Sesko, and
Kalajdžić?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It seems like tall and athletic strikers are in demand at the moment, so I am curious how people would rank the following from best to worst: Haaland, Nunez, Scamacca, Sesko, and
Kalajdžić?
Don't really know about Scamacca, so won't include him in my ranking.

Based on talent/potential: Haaland, Nunez, Sesko, Kalajdzic

Looking for quality right now I would still rate Kalajdzic above Sesko.

Desperation

I don’t see an issue in targeting Werner, he still is a good striker, just not absolute world class as some have hoped. But doing it this late in the window and apparently without really being prepared for the transfer really doesn't look good. It's not like it was a secret that he wasn't satisfied with his playing time.

AlexUTD

I reallly like Gakpo.

12 Goals 13 Assists in 27 matches last season.

Scored 2 goals in the opening match in Eresdivisie this season.

Two footed, not expensive either.

But i guess our world class scouts super pick Arnautovic is way better.

Bojan Djordjic

One name I haven't seen us linked with but who is young (but not as young as Sesko) and looks like a decent finisher, decent footballer and presser is Jonathan Burkardt at Mainz. He's 21 and has 0.56 combined NpXG+ Xa which is pretty good for someone that young. Certainly would feel better getting somebody like him in than an Arnautovic/Aubameyang type signing.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So between Aubameyang, Memphis and Morata, who would people prefer?
Morata. His overall game is very good, intelligent, is good with both feet and is good in air. Its his inconsistent finishing which has question marks but can see him working off fine with CR7.

Sea-Cow

Morata. His overall game is very good, intelligent, is good with both feet and is good in air. Its his inconsistent finishing which has question marks but can see him working off fine with CR7.
Those three options are all terribly depressing, but I would go with Morata as well.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’m surprised no one has mentioned patrik schick.

bucky

Marcus Thuram scored his second goal in Gladbach's second game yesterday. He also had an assist. He's in his last year of his contract. Yes, he isn't the most technical proficient player and he could probably work harder out of possession, however, if we are looking for value and a physical striker, then he might be our best option.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We have fundamental problem, today there are typically two type of strikers the ones that exploit chances created by their teammates, concentrate goals scored stats and the ones that are part of a group of player that share defending, goalscoring and creation duties. At the moment neither totally fit United because the rest of the team is senseless.

For example if we had a group of midfielders-wide players that were creating chances consistently and were able to create the conditions for a poacher to succeed we could rely on Ronaldo, he is still a brilliant goalscorer and as a poacher his movement and workrates are decent, it could be better but from a traditional standpoint they are decent. If we had reliable goalscorers in the LW-AM-RW line someone like Martial would be a perfect fit because he thrives when he can kind of orchestrate an attacking group, sometimes he is at the end of chances but more often than not he initiate key movements.

So to me it's becoming more and more obvious that we need to build an identity in the last third, we need to find how we enter that last third, how we keep possession in it and who is supposed to be target for the last passes. Until then whoever starts upfront will struggle because he doesn't have the required support.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Another name for the list and obviously I'll use this link as an excuse to show you this fantastic goal:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Another name for the list and obviously I'll use this link as an excuse to show you this fantastic goal:

Matheus Cunha? Who was more or less sold by Hertha BSC because of lacking mentality? Yeah right... would fit the United squad very well, absolutely a talented player, but in no way would solve the basic issues United have.

avgp_1

Why are we not looking at Gouiri?? If we are willing to go 50m for Sesko or Cunha( allegedly) , this guy would be ideal. He'd be sensational for us and I'm sure for that price he would come

saivet

Matheus Cunha? Who was more or less sold by Hertha BSC because of lacking mentality? Yeah right... would fit the United squad very well, absolutely a talented player, but in no way would solve the basic issues United have.
What were his issues at Hertha?

davidmichael

Why are we not looking at Gouiri?? If we are willing to go 50m for Sesko or Cunha( allegedly) , this guy would be ideal. He'd be sensational for us and I'm sure for that price he would come
Gouri, Caqueret and Cherki would be the dream for me and could probably all be bought for less than €100 million whilst fixing three problem positions.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What were his issues at Hertha?
Being a bit of a diva, not committed to teamwork, not always willing to work hard. Still a great player on his day and can be used very effectively, and I don't doubt that Simeone got him to do his work, but I'm not convinced that he would work well at United were he would just as likely perfectly fit the laziness etc.

Laurencio

Being a bit of a diva, not committed to teamwork, not always willing to work hard. Still a great player on his day and can be used very effectively, and I don't doubt that Simeone got him to do his work, but I'm not convinced that he would work well at United were he would just as likely perfectly fit the laziness etc.
Sounds like the profile of player we keep chasing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sounds like the profile of player we keep chasing.
Exactly, and who becomes much worse after joining United because United just doesn't have standards and doesn't hold such players accountable.

croadyman

Worrying traits in a player again

croadyman

Just because we are linked with players, it doesn't mean the club is actually going for them, these are just media rumours where no one can tell if they are true.
Yeah did say earlier prepare for a flurry of names

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Daily Heil saying we're not getting Cunha, Morata, Kalajagzhihzhc or Griezmann.

Time to give Dennis a call?

EDIT: he's gone to forest.

Andy Carroll?

M16Red

Hmm. Looks okay (Gouiri).

Joël Piroe for me...

ReallyUSA

How's it a joke that the media link us with everyone?
It's the idea that Glazers and company leak information to the press to try to settle the fans into thinking something is going to happen that will satisfy us. When in all actuality, they won't get anyone of note, but will take the stance that they tried everything reasonable to get someone.

Laurencio

It's the idea that Glazers and company leak information to the press to try to settle the fans into thinking something is going to happen that will satisfy us. When in all actuality, they won't get anyone of note, but will take the stance that they tried everything reasonable to get someone.
Like that will work, they have to pick more realistic targets if that's their goal. :lol: