Powell breaks world 100m record

vanthaman

Winner
Jamaican Asafa Powell set a new men's 100m record of 9.77 seconds at the Athens Olympic Stadium on Tuesday. The 22-year-old bettered American Tim Montgomery's previous mark of 9.78, which he set at the Paris Grand Prix in September 2002, by 100th of a second.

The world record will be consolation for Powell, who had gone to the Athens Olympics as favourite only to trail home fifth behind winner Justin Gatlin.

Powell topped the 2005 world rankings but now goes into the history books.

American Jim Hines became the first man to dip below the 10-second mark in 1968.

Since then the world mark has been lowered nine times - twice by nine-time Olympic gold medallist American Carl Lewis.

---

meh, i can do 100m in under 8 secs in Track and Field on playstation

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Coldplay is good? You are saying bullshits...U fuc
he's Jamaican...he was probably so stoned that he still doesn't know he broke the record yet.

he was part of a devious jamaican government mind control/subliminal program where they auto suggest using mental triggers that there is 100 ponds of Ganga just across the finish line and whoever gets it first wins the bag as well as praise from Jah.

Wolfboy

No relation to Wolf Man
FLASHWOK said:
he was part of a devious jamaican government mind control/subliminal program where they auto suggest using mental triggers that there is 100 ponds of Ganga just across the finish line and whoever gets it first wins the bag as well as praise from Jah.
I wish I was Jamaican.

yeahh mon..... sorry thats scottish (hoots)