Pre-Game | Old Trafford

TenOuttaTenHag

Start of our Season tomorrow, generally drive to the games, park up and get into the ground early.

Tomorrow will be in the City from early afternoon.

Matchstick Man, The Trafford, The Bishops Blaine, Hotel Football or Six Trees Kitchen - what’s the best shout for a beer walking distance to the ground?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Start of our Season tomorrow, generally drive to the games, park up and get into the ground early.

Matchstick Man, The Trafford, The Bishops Blaine, Hotel Football or Six Trees Kitchen - what’s the best shout for a beer walking distance to the ground?
You shouldn't be drinking and driving

Red71

I’d probably say Tollgate too although Hotel Football for a scoop just before or after the game is surprisingly decent…

Revaulx

Bishop Blaise gets utterly rammed but the beer is good and cheap.

We always meet and drink elsewhere and get the tram in: Sale, Brooklands, Alty. But we are old and fussy about our beer :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Depends what you want from your pre-match

You have to queue and pay to enter The Bishops Blaize & The Trafford nowadays and they are absolutely rammed inside - good atmosphere though

I tend to go somewhere less hectic - Tollgate a good option but is busier than it used to be with some singers in the beer garden.
There is also The Quadrant which is probably best nearby option for a more relaxed pint

Few other options around like the Cricket Ground etc

Cans&Bans

Just a heads up lads - GMP are closing pubs in close proximity to the stadium on match days (I'm not sure if it's for "high profile" games or all of them)
I think The Trafford will be closed tonight, not sure about the Blaize - I don't go in either.
Morgans and Tollgate may be hit with closures, it's a right pain in the arse. I assume Hotel Football will be alright....

Reactions: golden_blunder

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Just a heads up lads - GMP are closing pubs in close proximity to the stadium on match days (I'm not sure if it's for "high profile" games or all of them)
I think The Trafford will be closed tonight, not sure about the Blaize - I don't go in either.
Morgans and Tollgate may be hit with closures, it's a right pain in the arse. I assume Hotel Football will be alright....
I've not heard this - what's your source of info?

Can't imagine it would be for anything more than the few high profile fixtures

TenOuttaTenHag

I’d probably say Tollgate too although Hotel Football for a scoop just before or after the game is surprisingly decent…
HT is handy, easy ramble from there to the turnstile. Been in a few times, sometimes the queue for the bar is mad.

The young team doing their best to knock over pints when playing headers on the table that is in the middle of the place.

TenOuttaTenHag

Bishop Blaise gets utterly rammed but the beer is good and cheap.

We always meet and drink elsewhere and get the tram in: Sale, Brooklands, Alty. But we are old and fussy about our beer :)
Depends what you want from your pre-match

You have to queue and pay to enter The Bishops Blaize & The Trafford nowadays and they are absolutely rammed inside - good atmosphere though

I tend to go somewhere less hectic - Tollgate a good option but is busier than it used to be with some singers in the beer garden.
There is also The Quadrant which is probably best nearby option for a more relaxed pint

Few other options around like the Cricket Ground etc
Cheers!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Surely they can't just do that when a big part of the business plan for a pub near the ground is pre and post match drinking?

Cans&Bans

I've not heard this - what's your source of info?

Can't imagine it would be for anything more than the few high profile fixtures
My mate runs the bar on matchdays at Morgans (ex-servicemans) and they've had letters of notice from the police

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Quadrant is the best pre match pub.

Forza Joseph Holt.
Ye I often go to The Quadrant since the Tollgate got much busier when Sam Platts closed

Holt's beer is generally average but much better than the shite beer on offer at most of the other places !

Marvin-ator

Get to the ground early... £3.40 a pint of Madri and if you in a good area there's plenty that take advantage of it.

Smithy89

My nephew has gone to it for his 8th birthday today, I hope it's a belting match