Pre-match press conference - Saint-Étienne (a)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Martial will speak to the press after José. Which should mean he’s starting.

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Rooney, "I don't know, today was the first time he trained and he didn't even train fully with the group."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Rooney, "He was warming up and doing basic things but when the session was high in intensity he was not training."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Rooney, "Definitely no tomorrow, he's not here. We will see for the weekend."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on French football, "It isn't my job to analyse that, it isn't my job to speak about Monaco or PSG. I play against St.Etienne."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "St.Etienne is a good team, very well organised with a coach that shows his potential tactically and mentally."

Mourinho: "We got a very good result in the first match but believe me it could have been different. Instead of 3-0 it could have been 2-1."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on lack of reliance on Rooney: "he's injured, I cannot do miracles with this. We have a great improvement in the medical dep."

Mourinho: "We have a clear improvement in the medical department from recent years, it is easy to see in stats and data."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "In the last few months the team has been in a good moment, the only game we lost was one we could afford to lose in the EFL cup."

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
cnuting journalists just want to ask about Rooney.

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "I want to win tomorrow and then at 9pm tomorrow I am focused on the final on Sunday."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Real Madrid link: "Unless Manchester United want me to leave then I won't leave, I love working for this club."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "I will only leave if that is the will of my board. I have two more years under contract."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on atmosphere in St.Etienne: "I played here with Porto, I know the stadium, it is more beautiful now. Tomorrow will be amazing."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on atmosphere: I don't like to breathe the smoke (flares), neither do the players&I don't think your president likes to give money to UEFA."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "Hopefully we can have a good atmosphere without the smoke if possible."

Irrational.

Fecking media obsessed with Rooney. Move the feck on you cnuts. :mad:

No relevance to game tomorrow yet they keep peddling the Rooney bullshit. So annoying. They could ask a million better questions.

top1whoisman

Scout
:eek:

Mourinho on whether Rooney will stay for the season: "You have to ask him."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "If one day Rooney wants to leave the club then it isn't because of me, I will never force a legend out. You have to ask him."

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Whatever people might think of him, I just love Jose's attitude. The way he approaches all competitions with the same intensity. His comments about United. He's obviously here for the long haul. I hope he stays for a very long time. If this progress continues exponentially, we're gonna be alright.

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Rooney China move: "You have to ask him, this isn't a question for me."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "3-0 is a very important result for us because normally it means it is mission impossible for St.Etienne."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "Our only objective for the match is to be in total control and progress."

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Mourinho linked with Madrid? Did I miss that?

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "We cannot relax but the job isn't done yet. They will be motivated tomorrow with the help of the fans."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "I won't tell my players to change their mentality tomorrow but they must be focused and forget the final on Sunday."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Luke Shaw: "He has stayed behind because im playing with Blind, Rojo and Darmian. All of them are playing the way I like a FB to play."

SirAF

Ageist
God, sports journalists are so damn stupid :lol: Everone who has followed Mourinho knows he's not going to give any more info about Rooney. Jesus fecking hell!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What a bunch of motherfeckers English journalists are. Asking only about Rooney and not a single question about tomorrow's match.

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho: "Luke has to wait for his chance, he has to work and work: I don't give anything for free. Players have to work hard every day."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Shaw's absence: "Because I'm playing with Blind, Rojo & Darmian - all are playing the way l like a full-back to play”

Mourinho on Shaw: "He has to work better & better. I give nothing for free. They have to work hard. In this moment he is behind the others"

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Shaw: "At the moment he is behind the others. Potentially he has many things that I like but potential is different to the pitch."

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho on Shaw: "He has to work hard like Mkhitaryan did for an extended period of time."

Prodigy24

I find it hard to believe that Jose perfers Darmian over Shaw because he plays as Jose wants him to. I'm sure that Shaw will get his chance soon but still.