Pre-match press conference - Watford

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
13:43
Mourinho on Jones injury
“Every team needs four central defenders,” said the boss. “But we coped well without Eric. Now it’s time for Jones to be out and time for Eric to be in. Of course, we’re happy he played already that last match and he showed again security and understanding with the other guys, so we’re fine.”

SqueakyWeasel

13:43
Mourinho on Jones injury
“Every team needs four central defenders,” said the boss. “But we coped well without Eric. Now it’s time for Jones to be out and time for Eric to be in. Of course, we’re happy he played already that last match and he showed again security and understanding with the other guys, so we’re fine.”
DT: You getting pre-presser quotes or have I got my international times all mixed up? I'm still watching Jonny Evans Missus flirting with Wigan players on MUTV! Pea-wet … takes me back!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
DT: You getting pre-presser quotes or have I got my international times all mixed up? I'm still watching Jonny Evans Missus flirting with Wigan players on MUTV! Pea-wet … takes me back!
It's just what's in the M.E.N. They seem to get so much out before MUTV as they are in the press conference live, while MUTV it is slightly delayed.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Jose on @Ibra_official "Totally convinced going to stay. Try next season to share in fantastic way last year of his career at highest level"

top1whoisman

Scout

Simon Peach

✔ @SimonPeach

Mourinho is convinced Ibrahimovic will still be at #MUFC next term - a season the boss believes could be Zlatan's last at "highest level"

Simon Peach

✔ @SimonPeach

Mourinho is convinced Ibrahimovic will still be at #MUFC next term - a season the boss believes could be Zlatan's last at "highest level"

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout

Also on Ed Woodward churn comment, JM: "He is right. Prefer to bring 2,3,4 good players. Not interested in buying and selling 6 or 7."

top1whoisman

Scout

"Everything is balanced and I think our summer [activity] will be quite small," says the boss on transfers

top1whoisman

Scout

Mourinho convinced Ibrahimovic will stay for second season. Says he offers him extra days off but Ibrahimovic rejects them. #mufc

SqueakyWeasel

I watch every week and he never tells me the team for my line-up prediction … is it really worth it?

Jones is available and will be in the starting line-up … do not believe anything else you hear! :yawn:
If no-one realises I'm lying this could finally be the week I break into the top 200!

Last edited:

OohAahMartial

I watch every week and he never tells me the team for my line-up prediction … is it really worth it?

Jones is available and will be in the starting line-up … do not believe anything else you hear! :yawn:
I can finally break into the top 200!
Be amazed if Smalling started this one.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Which is completely right. Small in terms of quantity but big in quality. It'll probably be another window just like the one we had: 3 or 4 top-tier players to go into the side.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Hope it's 3 or 4 rather than 2. We're not winning the league next season with just 2 new players :nono:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Financial thread:

Woodward: "Happiness from manager of where we are as squad. There will be continual improvement don’t have to churn large number of players"
Cheers Damo, that's a good comment, I open any kind of stability with open arms to be fair.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hope it's 3 or 4 rather than 2. We're not winning the league next season with just 2 new players :nono:
Depends who you're bringing in, really. Another top class attacker to help increase our pitiful chance conversion rate + another top class midfielder would probably put you in with a huge chance straight off.

I think more importantly is the fact that there'll be very few players leaving. The only 'guarantees' to leave in the summer, in my opinion, are Schweinsteiger and Young. I think the club/Mourinho want Rooney out but the ball is in his court. Beyond that... Who? Maybe one can assume at least one of Darmian, and Blind will be leaving - which will be more down to their lack of gametime rather than anything else. Factor in that at least one of Januzaj/Pereira/CBJ will probably be coming back (I imagine Pereira, whilst the other two will go back out on loan again), and then finally the fact that even this January Mourinho has led with the rhetoric that he wants to keep players, even if they're not playing, unless they come and ask for a move AND the offer is right. I don't think we'll actively push anyone out apart from the three oldies.

soad

I think we'll sign maximum 3 new players in the summer - Griezmann, new CDM and maybe a defender.

m1y2

well considering we look already like challenging now, just two players might be enough, would prefer three though: DM,Winger or Grizzy and LB

we just missed the start of the season and also failed to convert those great games which we drew into wins depite creating chances a lot, Griezzman should help with that, along with some better refereeing and older more settled team if we can get Martial into form he started his career here we have good enough leftwinger to tear the league apart, Shaw back out of depression, there's Pereira coming back too, which I expect big things form next season.. Zlatan will stop missing his sitters, better settled back4 etc...

I am optimistic, we should get rid of Rooney and Fellaini which will make us underperform

marlowe78

So will this be another window where we ignore our issues in MF and FB and waste another country's GDP on one player?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
well considering we look already like challenging now, just two players might be enough, would prefer three though: DM,Winger or Grizzy and LB

we just missed the start of the season and also failed to convert those great games which we drew into wins depite creating chances a lot, Griezzman should help with that, along with some better refereeing and older more settled team if we can get Martial into form he started his career here we have good enough leftwinger to tear the league apart, Shaw back out of depression, there's Pereira coming back too, which I expect big things form next season.. Zlatan will stop missing his sitters, better settled back4 etc...

I am optimistic, we should get rid of Rooney and Fellaini which will make us underperform
We look like challenging? :confused: We've been pretty poor for the last month and we are 14 points behind. It's not just down to bad luck and poor refereeing. If Zlatan can't score sitters now I don't expect him to be better at age 36. Need to ease him out of the "always starting" role after replacing Rooney with a new real goal scorer.

top1whoisman

Scout
Don't know where to put this but this thread is as good as any, seeing as it's media released by the club today.

What a cool little dude. Lovely to see him meeting his heroes. Prepare to feel emotional.
Yeap, got something in my eye. A lovely dude this Sam :)