Predict our final position- 2020/21 season

Predict United's final position in the 2020/21 season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
It is time for result and Ole failed that test last season without a trophy and just a third place finish
Like Poch the genius does every season?

Edit: Mourinho and LvG got top three or a trophy on any given season, not both.

Falcow

I mean, look, I expect us to finish 4th but it's not out of the question that we'll slide down the table. We finished 4th in 2015, added a shitload of players in the summer and then finished 5th, playing terrible football for most of the season. Or we finished second in 2018, signed a couple of players, didn't lose anyone significant and ended up 6th the next season.

It's not exactly a shock that United fans have learned to be pessimistic.
I can accept that I guess but people here seem to think injuries are only a possibility for united. I appreciate we are a couple of more players short but we are a million miles from the shit shows we were under Jose and Louis.

City have not strengthened whatsoever and have lost sane and Silva and still need to replace Kompany while Aguero is probably done at the top level at this stage. I think we could finish ahead of them. As for pool, they are as much as we are re being one injury away from struggling for top 4, if VVD was to get injured they would be screwed, same applies to Sala and Mane.

Arsenal and spurs will battle for europa spot.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Like Poch the genius does every season?

Edit: Mourinho and LvG got top three or a trophy on any given season, not both.
Still can’t believe people are still comparing the expectations of Spurs with United. Pochettino must have been the best manager on the planet to change such dynamic. I believe all fans still expect Spurs to finish top four consistently and make headway into the champions league under Mourinho.
I agree with you on the importance of winning a trophy but then considering you support pochetino you should be the last person speaking about trophies.
Up

Last edited:

AshRK

Where is the hole in our starting 11? The only weakness we have is in ‘Quality’ squad depth and that is only in right attack, maybe lb, maybe cdm and striker. The glazers, Woodward and the board has made significant investment since Ole has been in charge. You can’t expect us to spend over £100m each season. It is time for result and Ole failed that test last season without a trophy and just a third place finish. Even the likes of Mourinho, Moyes, and Van Gaal won something and they were still axed. This season is make or break for Ole. We should not lower our standards for Ole especially when our football has not been captivating enough to give him leeway in the trophy expectations.
I agree with you on the importance of winning a trophy but then considering you support pochetino you should be the last person speaking about trophies.

Toad

At this moment in the window I have chose. 5th - 7th. There is still no strength in depth apart from one addition. All the deadwood is still here meaning they will come off the bench to provide no help. It’s a disaster if it ends like this but let’s recite at the end of the transfer window because a couple of additions could see us 4th potentially 3rd.

croadyman

At this moment in the window I have chose. 5th - 7th. There is still no strength in depth apart from one addition. All the deadwood is still here meaning they will come off the bench to provide no help. It’s a disaster if it ends like this but let’s recite at the end of the transfer window because a couple of additions could see us 4th potentially 3rd.
Only if those two additions are Sancho & LB, lost hope of us signing a CB when we were unable to sell any and decided to pass on Gabriel but also let Upamecano's release clause expire for this summer too.

Von Mistelroum

I'll be amazed if we get above 5th. We really needed a RW and CB and probably a LB too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think analyse those teams around us

Leicester - finished 5th last season, good result in the first game this, did they overachieve last season or are they legitimately in the conversation?

Spurs - the meltdown under Mourinho is already almost in full swing, will Bale be enough to halt that?

Wolves - similar to Leicester, did they overachieve last season or is this actually their level

Arsenal - appear to be on the rise, will Aubameyang still do bits now he has his contract? Feels like it's different under Arteta than Wenger's later years and obviously Emery

It's not so much the lack of signings but the negativity around the club at the moment, that shit matters more than transfers. Honestly can't predict, we could surprise everyone and finish 3rd or below all the above. Sign Sancho and the mood changes dramatically

croadyman

I think analyse those teams around us

Leicester - finished 5th last season, good result in the first game this, did they overachieve last season or are they legitimately in the conversation?

Spurs - the meltdown under Mourinho is already almost in full swing, will Bale be enough to halt that?

Wolves - similar to Leicester, did they overachieve last season or is this actually their level

Arsenal - appear to be on the rise, will Aubameyang still do bits now he has his contract? Feels like it's different under Arteta than Wenger's later years and obviously Emery

It's not so much the lack of signings but the negativity around the club at the moment, that shit matters more than transfers. Honestly can't predict, we could surprise everyone and finish 3rd or below all the above. Sign Sancho and the mood changes dramatically
Don't see him signing this late unfortunately and Utd will be made to look stupid by Dortmund

Ceteris

Looking back on last season against the so called bigger teams

6 points against City and Chelsea
4 against spurs
6 against Leicester
1 against Liverpool and Arsenal

Considering they have all improved their squads for the new season how many points are we likely to drop from there

Then consider Everton, wolves, West ham, Burnley, Brighton, Southampton, Palace, villa, Newcastle, Sheffield United.

We dropped points against most of the above teams apart from villa, Brighton

Realistically we can expect to do better this time around

Westbrom, Leeds, Fulham

How are we going to fare against the newly promoted teams

The first 11 is good enough am just not sure the debt is good enough to get top 4 again

5th at best

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
3rd. Chelsea will go through some growing pains with all the new players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Kudos to everyone who opted for 2 in the first attempt (the poll was open until couple of months into 2021 - so no prize for changing your vote later :) )

I myself opted between 5 and 6 (changed to 4th later). So happy to be proved wrong.