Predict our next 6 signings

SparkedIntoLife

Just a bit of fun. Predict our next 6 first team signings. I'll go -

1) Trippier (RB, Atletico Madrid, Summer 2021)
2) Sarr (CM, Metz, Summer 2021)
3) Haaland (ST, Dortmund, Summer 2022)
4) Hickey (LB, Bologna, January 2023)
5) Meslier (GK, Leeds, Summer 2023)
6) Jude Bellingham (CM, Dortmund, Summer 2023)

Yep, I'm being bold and predicting we'll go all in for Haaland and he'll choose us. I think we'll miss out on Camavinga though as he'll likely opt for Madrid or PSG (whichever one of them doesn't sign Pogba, I guess).

Swedish_Plumber

Yep, I'm being bold and predicting we'll go all in for Haaland and he'll choose us. I think we'll miss out on Camavinga though as he'll likely opt for Madrid or PSG (whichever one of them doesn't sign Pogba, I guess).
You have high hopes for Hickey? Would certainly be in keeping for Scotland and their ability to produce left backs!

SparkedIntoLife

You have high hopes for Hickey? Would certainly be in keeping for Scotland and their ability to produce left backs!
As an absolutely top drawer player? Not really. I think he'll be very decent, though, from what I'm hearing/seeing. A few teams around Italy and Celtic have been interested in him after a good but injury affected first season in Bologna. I can see Telles leaving in a year or year and a half or so, and I think we've seen that it's good to have a strong, left footed backup to Shaw to keep him motivated. Hickey makes sense as he's UK born and bred but won't have the astronomical prices that a young left back would be tagged with at a Norwich or a West Ham etc. Plus I suspect the Italian league will be great for his footballing education.

Red Royal

I very much doubt Meslier wants to revisit Old Trafford too often...:lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Trippier - 2021
  2. Haaland - 2022
  3. Rice - 2022
  4. Some random fringe young player - 2022
  5. Bellingham - 2023
Henderson
Wan Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
Rice
Bellingham Bruno
Sancho Haaland Rashford
Greenwood rotating with the front 3 for any based on form.

SparkedIntoLife

I very much doubt Meslier wants to revisit Old Trafford too often...:lol:
Haha true. He's an absolutely excellent goalkeeper though. There aren't many really good young keepers in world football as far as I can see. He's a tier or two below Donnarumma but there's not many other U23 keepers showing as much potential as him (though GK can be a hard position to predict development). At least as far as I can tell. Safonov maybe.. Vandevoort at Genk is highly thought of. Maybe, when De Gea is out of contract, we go for someone older than Meslier to replace him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I reckon we'll buy that highly rated Sporting left back as soon as Telles finds his way out, unless City beat us to him. Telles isn't pushing Luke Shaw on current form and he's too old to be sitting on the bench collecting his checks.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don’t think we’ll sign Haaland or Bellingham. Swap those two out for two random reserve keepers and it’s plausible.Ben Foster returning plus another.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I don’t think we’ll sign Haaland or Bellingham. Swap those two out for two random reserve keepers and it’s plausible.Ben Foster returning plus another.
We have a good chance of signing haaland but I think our chance decreases if city don’t sign Kane. I don’t think we’ll ever sign Bellingham as he isn’t the midfield player we need. We need a deep lying playmaker type DM.

wolvored

I reckon we'll buy that highly rated Sporting left back as soon as Telles finds his way out, unless City beat us to him. Telles isn't pushing Luke Shaw on current form and he's too old to be sitting on the bench collecting his checks.
Thats exactly what will happen. We dont get shut of anybody. Probably offer him a £30k a week rise in a years time, to protect the 'asset'.

RedKnight88

Erling Haaland - 2022
Frenkie de Jong -- 2022
Jan Oblak --2023
Noni Maudeke -- 2023
Jude Bellingham-- 2023
Pedri -- 2024

How much you reckon that would cost?:lol:

Dante

Average bang
I don't think we're going to nab Dortmund's three crown jewels three years on the trot.

It's the nature of these kinds of mega deals that the two sides end up antagonising each other because of the high stakes involved.

Dortmund are already not our biggest fans after we messed each other around for two years on Sancho. Imagine that multiplied by 3.

We'll either get Haaland or we'll get Bellingham in the next couple of summers. Not both. Possibly neither.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. Camavinga (summer 2021)
2. Trippier (summer 2021)
3. Haaland (summer 2022)
4. Mbappe (summer 2022)
5. Bellingham (summer 2023)
6. Pedri (summer 2024)

Am I doing it right?

criticalanalysis

Haha true. He's an absolutely excellent goalkeeper though. There aren't many really good young keepers in world football as far as I can see. He's a tier or two below Donnarumma but there's not many other U23 keepers showing as much potential as him (though GK can be a hard position to predict development). At least as far as I can tell. Safonov maybe.. Vandevoort at Genk is highly thought of. Maybe, when De Gea is out of contract, we go for someone older than Meslier to replace him.
That's a bold claim. I've not seen much of him but from what I can tell, he's an active keeper, brave to put himself about, whether that's passing, coming for crosses, making saves, sweeping etc; he's got the confidence and I'm sure a lot of it is the trust from Bielsa. However, I don't see anything technically amazing from a goalkeeping POV. Seems to a be a bit too 'busy' when faced with shots or 1 vs 1s i.e more reactionary than covering his posts/angles.

Hm in some ways sort of like our own Henderson. There's potential but it really can go either way.

DepaysCowboyHat

1. Unnamed youngster.
2. Highly regarded youngster of eastern european descent
3. FRENKIE DE JONG (barcelona gonna be shambles)
4. A fan favorite returns to play in the red shirt. (Possible loan deal although)
5. Jobe Bellingham
6. Jude Bellingham

Valencia Shin Crosses

1. Trippier - 2021
  2. Haaland - 2022
  3. Rice - 2022
  4. Some random fringe young player - 2022
  5. Bellingham - 2023
Henderson
Wan Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
Rice
Bellingham Bruno
Sancho Haaland Rashford
Greenwood rotating with the front 3 for any based on form.
Greenwood won’t be rotating with anyone by that point. He’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet

Edea

1. 2021 (Heaton, Sancho, Varane)
DM: Aurelien Tchouameni
RB: Trippier

2. 2022
DM: Rice
ST: Haaland
or Toney?
or Some 30s yo ST (?)

3. 2023
Some CB (?)
Milenkovic?
Some FB (?)
Some CM (?)

Last edited:

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
1. Ronaldo 2022
2. Messi 2023
3. Ghandi 2024
4. Bruce Lee 2025
5. Sadam 2026
6. Hellboy 2027

It is impossible to predict signings, with the exception of a few, until they are just about to be made. You have as much chance of winning the lottery. Infact there are more than 49 footballers in the world so you have a much greater chance of winning the lottery.

Last edited: