g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Predict the rest of the Summer 2019 transfer window

Jaae

Not ITK
The stories of us only having around £100m will seemingly prove true.

Longstaff will be signed for approximately £25m heavily incentivised fairly soon.

Lukaku will be loaned to Inter with an obligation to buy towards the end of July/early August.

Bale will be signed to replace him on a year loan long with the option to buy.

No CB will be signed. Darmian will finally leave. Rojo will stay.

Pogba will stay.

el3mel

We'll sign 2 more players, no CBs among them.

Lukaku will stay.

De Gea will extend his contract.

Pogba will leave late in the market.

L1nk

David Brooks will be signed to play RW

Bruno Fernandes will sign as a CM

Longstaff will probably sign even though I think there are better options out there (Would love to see us take a punt on Weigl who is available for around 30mill apparently)

Absolutely no idea about CB other than I think Tuanzebe will go on tour and they will realize they are happy enough with him and consider him like a brand new signing

Lukaku will leave

Pogba will stay

What we really need, even after our current 2 signings, is a RW, 2 CM's and a CB as well as some deadwood to leave but considering we gave a load of our deadwood new contracts or have the current ones on pay way above their actual ability that's highly unlikely to happen

Castia

Tuanzebe will be given a chance, I don’t think we’ll buy a new CB. Darmian will move to Italy and Rojo will also leave.

Longstaff will come in from Newcastle for around £30m

Bruno Fernandes will come in and probably be our most expensive signing of the summer at around £60m

We’ll sign one more attacking player, in a perfect world it would be Sancho but I don’t think we have the budget and will go for a cheaper option, maybe Brooks from Bournemouth or for a wild guess even Zaha from Palace.

Sanchez will stay
Lukaku will stay
Pogba will stay
De Gea signs a new deal

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
In: Longstaff, Fernandes, Diop
Out: Darmian, Lukaku

Think we'll massively regret not signing a RW. I'd say it's arguably as important as CB on our list of priorities. Would like Pepe but I think the club will baulk at paying his fee after shelling out for the above, then decide to just struggle on with Lingard for a year in the hope of landing Sancho next summer. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bondi77

Hi everyone,

Here is my first post and hopefully there will be plenty more to come;

My thoughts on our lineup for next season are as follows;

RW will be the main position for James and Greenwood to bed themselves into the team and Dalot as well depending on the opposition

LW will be Sanchez to start with [he will just be impossible to get rid of] and Martial and Rashford will be the striker

MF I do not have a clue until Pogba goes and Utd will try to keep him regardless because of the commercial value

The back line will stay pretty much the same as last season but we have AWB now and possibly Axel but he has to improve aerially in my opinon. I along with many cannot understand how Rojo and Jones were given new contracts and I cannot see any team taking them as part exchange for a valued team member.

GK should be De gea but we are strong in that position if he decides to leave but the Real door is shut now so I think he will stay and count the money.

JMack1234

• We will sign Longstaff
  • We will sign Fernandes then have no idea what to do with him
  • Lukaku, Darmian and Rojo will leave.
  • We won't sign a CB
  • We won't be able to shift Sanchez
  • De Gea and Rashford will sign new deals
  • Pogba will stay

AdNani

Maguire In
Bruno in
Longstaff In
Lukaku Out - Ben Yedder In

Rojo out

Snuffkin

Pogba out
De Gea and Rashford new deals
Longstaff in
Maguire in

Bondi77

I would love to see the back of Lukaku as he is not a footballer in my eyes and I do not see how any top club would look at him as he is so limited;
There is the argument that he scores a lot of goals and he has but if his record is looked at he does not score goals against good teams and that is at club and international level.
I would like to see Dembele at our club as he was good at Fulham and Celtic and decent at Lyon so if he fits in personality wise and is up for the fight I would say he was a decent option.

Bondi77

I am not sure about Maguire as he was decent at Hull and he has improved with Leicester but not massively and he has this huge price tag because of a decent run in the World Cup.
He is a 40mil player at best in my opinon.

yellowandgreens

We will build towards a 4 - 4 - 2 diamond with the ability to switch to a 4 - 3 - 3 or 4 - 4 - 2 with wingers

-----------------------de gea--------------------
AWB-------Lindelof---???----------Shaw
-----------------------Matic----------------------
------------Mc Tom-------Pogba-----------
--------------------Fernandes----------------
---------------Rashford---Martial---------

---------------------de gea---------------------
AWB-------Lindelof---???---------Shaw
Dalot------Mc Tom--Pogba-----James
-----------Fernandes--Rashford------

--------------------de gea------------------
AWB------Lindelof--???--------Shaw
-------------Mc Tom--Matic-----------
---------------------Pogba-----------------
Rashford-------Martial------James

2 GK - De Gea and Romero (Henderson loan)
2 RB - AWB and Dalot
2 LB - Shaw and Young
6 CB - ???, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Bailey, Smalling, Jones
5 CDM - Mc Tom, Matic, Fred, Longstaff, Garner
5 AM - Pogba, Fernandes, Lingard, Mata, Gomes
6 CF / Wing - Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Greenwood, James, Chong

Squad of 28 - Longstaff in next, then Fernandes, then the mystery CB late in the window (If we get enough money for Rojo, Darmian, Lukaku, Periera I could see it being Koulibaily as the icing on the cake - unless Leicester blink first on Maguire)

OUTS Since start of 18/19

Fellaini £10.5
Herrera
Valencia
Darmian
Rojo
Periera
Lukaku £65
Approx £100 m

IN

James £15 + 3
AWB £45 + 5
Longstaff £25
Fernandes £60
??? - Koulibaly, Maguire, De Ligt, Umtiti, Alderweirald

£145 + a CB

If Jones could be part of a deal great! Perhaps Leicester would go for Maguire - £55 + Jones (Valued at £15m) - we shouldn't need 6 CB!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I reckon there's still at least 4-5 incoming meltdowns.
Based on the initial four pre-season matches, I predict that in the Caf --

1. Whispers of Ole 'not good enough' will start to seep out of RedCaf.
  2. The new players are 'just not good enough' or 'they just arent Manchester United quality players' will be popular phrases.
  3. Chants of 'Woodward Out' will rise to a crescendo.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In
Longstaff
Ben Yedder
DeLigt

Out
Lukaku
Darmian

I don’t believe anyone will buy Pogba at that price but if they are crazy enough then Maddison to United and subsequently Bruno to Leicester

Bestietom

In.
Longstaff
Fernandes
Diop
Ben Yedder
A.N other for Pogba

Out.
Lukaku
Pogba
Darmian
Bailly

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
  • Lukaku stays as Inters offer is hilarious
  • Pogba stays as no one can afford him.
  • Sanchez stays becuase we are retards for giving him this contract.
  • We loan out Darmain and either Bailly or Jones
  • We sign a young midfielder and a midlevel centre back.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In - no one
Out - no one

Our window is done

MrBest

I think there will still be quite a bit of business, things are just slow because we are doing one deal at a time (which many disagree with, i do believe we have a list of targets and the background work is done but Ed is negotiating one deal at a time - if this brings value the great but it is frustrating).

I think at the end of this week we will wrap up Bruno Fernandes for between 40m and 50m. I think another 2 more signings by the 20th July and possibly a final one just before the season begins. In a ideal world, i would of liked everything to be done by the end of this week but it is what it is ....

In terms of selling i think we will shift a few players but we are really waiting until we secure our summer targets and also determining whether Pogba stays or goes. I also think it is better to get contracts wrapped up now rather than dragging it on. I prefer the players to focus on pre season.

I think the ins will be:
James 15m AWB 45m Bruno 50m Longstaff 25m Koulibaly (yes i still remain hopeful) 80m and Yeda 40m. Total of 245m. I would be tempted to say Lozano at 40m too but I think Ole will play Chong more which I am fine with.

The Outs:
Lukaku 70m Rojo 20m Darmian 15m Jones 20m giving a total of 125m and a net spend of 120m.

I think the above would be good business but Longstaff makes me nervous, i would much prefer Tielemans in a three with Pogba and Bruno.

Irwin99

To go into the new season without a new centre back would be madness considering our defence was worse than Crystal Palace last season. Still not sure who we have that's leaving the club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Out: Rom, Darmian, Bailly, Pereira.
In: Longstaff, Koulibaly, Bruno + an experienced front player.
De Gea signs a new deal. We structure a deal for Pogba to leave next summer. Sanchez leaves on loan with option to buy just before the European deadline.

cfkane

The caf will gradually go in to an ever deeper depression over the lack of incoming and outgoings that will peak about halfway through the pre-season tour then devolve into a full fledged meltdown on the eve of the season kickoff, at which point half the caf will be lamenting what they see as the worst squad in the history of football and the other half will be calling for Ole and Woodward to be sacked.

Devils11

In: Longstaff, Fernandes. If we get Fernandes, Pogba will leave to free some money on a CB Koulibaly? . And if Lukaku goes, another pacy striker like Timo or Pepe has to come in.

GK DDG
RB Bissaka
LB Shaw
CB Lindelof
CB Koulibaly
DM McTom
CM Fred
CM Fernandes
RW Timo/Pepe
LW Martial
CF Rashford

7 Subs : Dalot, Smalling, Longstaff, James, Lingard, Greenwood, Sanchez