Premier league 2018-19 schedule | June 14th, 9 AM BST

Big Andy

Bloke
Piss easy run in.. Treble is ON!!
That last time the year ended with an 8, following a World Cup year, that we got Leicester on the first day of the season...we won the Treble that year...

IT'S ON!!!!

Thunderhead

Supports
City
the derby on the 16th March will probably be postponed as it's FA Cup 5th round date and I'd expect one or both teams to be competing

pacifictheme

The only thing certain is that Spurs will play our first few games away from home to allow completion of the finishing touches on our new stadium. Our first home game should be the first league match after the September international break.
If thats the case spurs should be docked points for being unable to fulfill the fixture list, rather than it being bent to suit them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I can't believe we have to play Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs away!

Totally rigged is this shit... but at least we play them all at home too to balance it out.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If we're still in a title challenge entering the last few months of the season, things could get very exciting.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If thats the case spurs should be docked points for being unable to fulfill the fixture list, rather than it being bent to suit them.
We can't be docked points because we're the media darlings.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I think our schedules about as good as it gets. Nice easy start (besides Spurs) with all the tricky games spread out (besides Arse away and City home in March) with a decent finish.

Nothing worse than a solid start to the season or a difficult run in.

Minimalist

United/Mourinho can’t complain at all about that schedule. About as good as it gets. Both start and end of the season is straightforward on paper.

Flying_Heckfish

Decent. Perfect for Mourinho in fact.. if we can grind out those away draws against Liverpool, City and Chelsea first half of the season then we can be in control in the second.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Cue the conspiracy theories on Bluemoon! It's a win-win situation first weekend. We get to witness a meltdown on opening weekend, one of the top 6 WILL drop points.

Now watch us get hammered by Leicester! :lol:

Grib

Anyone know when we're likely to find out actual days / times for the first few

I'm getting married on 18 aug so need to arrange a projector if necessary

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone know when we're likely to find out actual days / times for the first few

I'm getting married on 18 aug so need to arrange a projector if necessary
TV Fixtures will be announced early July

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Away to Chelsea and Tottenham (in their first home game), and at home to City all before Oct 6th, our season could be over before it has properly started :nervous:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Couldn't really ask for anything better then that tbh. All nicely spaced out

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
fecking PL. 0 points after 2 games. That's it. I am literally fuming.
You shouldn't be. It's a tough start alright but having city at home in the first round is just about the best time for that fixture.

City have 16 players at the world cup, we have 8. All their big players are there and key for their countries, Ozil's about the only starter for us who'll be having significant game time.

Managers often give extended breaks to players after summer tournaments and if that occurs this year we could be in luck.

Having said all that I'm looking forward to us getting pumped 5-0 and this post being quoted in August with 100 laughing emojis under it.

Kapardin

We got a good deal.

Arsenal and big games on opening days always provide massive entertainment. Hope Emery keeps the ball rolling after Wenger in that aspect.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looks great for us. Tottenham can be slow starters so good to get them nice and early. March will be tricky if we're still in any of the cup competitions, but it's not something major to moan about.

el3mel

Only one tough run in March when we face Arsenal and City back to back, piss easy schedule tbh. We should win all the first 9 games but it's not gonna happen.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Looks very manageable this schedule. Great actually and if we perform to standard then it will help us go on long runs of form, which is so important for a title run.

Canagel

Comfortable first 6 games and run in on paper. Home on boxing day and the next one. Most top 6 rivals away in the 1st half of season. Not sure you can ask for anything more.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Quite happy with our fixtures. Our last 10 games look nice enough on paper and the start isn’t too bad.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Away to Chelsea and Tottenham (in their first home game), and at home to City all before Oct 6th, our season could be over before it has properly started :nervous:
Aye but look at Arsenal's start, Wenger back in banners by their 5th game? :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think I prefer getting those away games out of the way as early as possible.

Also City are our bitches at Anfield. :p

Gee Male

The schedule in general seems mad this year. A 3 week break between the last league game and the CL final puts any English finalist at a disadvantage, assuming they are not also in the FA Cup final. Also a 6 week break between FA Cup semis and FA Cup final seems mad.

Anyone able to shed any light on this?