Premier League clubs, favourite to least favourite.

ForeverRed1

Apologies if it’s too much effort but list your PL teams in order from your favourite to least favourite. Intrigued to see the general consensus regarding clubs you support/like/don’t mind and hate! Will also be interesting to see what other fan bases dominate this forum.

2- 19 dont matter so much, so it’s just a case of who you don’t mind to who you like the least as you go down the list.

for me it’s:

1.Manchester United (fan/supporter)
2.Aston VIlla - hate them tonight & on weekend.
3.Brighton
4.Brentford
5. Leicester
6. Southampton
7.Newcastle (may go further down V. Soon)
8.Norwich
9.Everton
10.Palace
11.Wolves
12.West ham
13.Watford
14.Burnley
15.Leeds
16.Arsenal
17.Tottenham
17.chelsea
19.city
20.Liverpool

The bottom is easier to list than the top for sure.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
1. United
n. Don’t care
20. Liverpool

Remember the geese

United
Brighton
Southampton
Leicester
Brentford
Norwich
Villa
Spurs
Everton
Palace
Newcastle
Wolves
West Ham
Watford
Burnley
Leeds
Arsenal
Chelsea
City
Liverpool

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
20. Liverpool
19. Leeds (even though they are the easiest 6 points going at the minute)
18. City
17. West Ham - why are these low on peoples lists?
16. Tottenham
15. Chelsea
Indifferent to the other 13 really.

Patchbeard

Found this quite interesting to do given the amount of PL football I watch (far too much) as it made me realise just how many of the teams I dislike at the moment despite being happy to watch them...

(positions 2-16 are highly variable at any given moment e.g. Villa dropped about 10 places when they hired Stevie G)

1. Manchester United
2. Brentford - The underdogs of the season
3. Brighton - Were always my 2nd team outside of the PL, but it's a bit weird now they're in the PL
4. Southampton - best mate supports them, funny when they lose 9-0, but do have a bit of a soft spot for them
5. Leicester - uni mates support them, again funny when they lose but like to see then do well when not at our expense
6. Arsenal - Used to be right at the bottom but my gf supports them (so I should hate them even more right!), but they have some likeable players and are more entertainment than us right now :wenger:
7. West Ham - Hate Moyes but like how they are beating the big clubs
8. Crystal Palace - Didn't expect them to be so entertaining under Vieira
9/10/11. Watford/Wolves/Burnley - All dull as shit
12. Norwich - As above, but also shit as shit
13. Everton - Annoying mate supports them, and now they have Rafa too
14. Leeds - Leeds
15. Newcastle - Saudis
16. Aston Villa - Stevie G
17. Tottenham
18. Chelsea
19. Man City
20. Liverpool

ForeverRed1

20. Liverpool
19. Leeds (even though they are the easiest 6 points going at the minute)
18. City
17. West Ham - why are these low on peoples lists?
16. Tottenham
15. Chelsea
Indifferent to the other 13 really.
you support non league? Which team? You don’t have a favourite PL team?

Also West Ham - got good, got competitive and another potential team getting in the way of european spots. A annoying team to play, also have moyes as manager who is seen as abit of a dark cloud. Will fleece us if we want to buy any of their players (rice) Well run club, good stadium, decent players. Of course most united fans won’t like them :D

ForeverRed1

Found this quite interesting to do given the amount of PL football I watch (far too much) as it made me realise just how many of the teams I dislike at the moment despite being happy to watch them...

(positions 2-16 are highly variable at any given moment e.g. Villa dropped about 10 places when they hired Stevie G)

1. Manchester United
2. Brentford - The underdogs of the season
3. Brighton - Were always my 2nd team outside of the PL, but it's a bit weird now they're in the PL
4. Southampton - best mate supports them, funny when they lose 9-0, but do have a bit of a soft spot for them
5. Leicester - uni mates support them, again funny when they lose but like to see then do well when not at our expense
6. Arsenal - Used to be right at the bottom but my gf supports them (so I should hate them even more right!), but they have some likeable players and are more entertainment than us right now :wenger:
7. West Ham - Hate Moyes but like how they are beating the big clubs
8. Crystal Palace - Didn't expect them to be so entertaining under Vieira
9/10/11. Watford/Wolves/Burnley - All dull as shit
12. Norwich - As above, but also shit as shit
13. Everton - Annoying mate supports them, and now they have Rafa too
14. Leeds - Leeds
15. Newcastle - Saudis
16. Aston Villa - Stevie G
17. Tottenham
18. Chelsea
19. Man City
20. Liverpool
see the villa thing is interesting to me, I quiet like villa, good club, good history, good fanbase, never really been a threat in recent years, bit of a yo yo club. Also produce some nice players. Now they have got Gerrard and courtinho it’s changing the landscape a little bit but we all know he ends up at Liverpool so for now villa stay 2nd, ask me after tonight :D. Also the Arsenal at 6th does suprise me! Ergh!

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
you support non league? Which team? You don’t have a favourite PL team?

Also West Ham - got good, got competitive and another potential team getting in the way of european spots. A annoying team to play, also have moyes as manager who is seen as abit of a dark cloud. Will fleece us if we want to buy any of their players (rice) Well run club, good stadium, decent players. Of course most united fans won’t like them :D
Im from York and support York City who I remember watching in a league game vs Man City but paths have diverged since… but have followed United as my top flight team since i was about 7 in the mid 80s.
Really dislike West Ham - I was questioning why others didnt. Leeds is more about growing up in the 90s and the fact that most of York supports Leeds which was a nightmare.Even now the local pubs has leeds flags up outside when they got promoted..

ForeverRed1

Im from York and support York City who I remember watching in a league game vs Man City but paths have diverged since… but have followed United as my top flight team since i was about 7 in the mid 80s.
Really dislike West Ham - I was questioning why others didnt. Leeds is more about growing up in the 90s and the fact that most of York supports Leeds which was a nightmare.Even now the local pubs has leeds flags up outside when they got promoted..
yeah I can see why you dislike Leeds then, makes total sense. The West Ham thing can work in reverse really, some people will like them for the reasons I stated. Plus they’re not Liverpool or city.

Patchbeard

see the villa thing is interesting to me, I quiet like villa, good club, good history, good fanbase, never really been a threat in recent years, bit of a yo yo club. Also produce some nice players. Now they have got Gerrard and courtinho it’s changing the landscape a little bit but we all know he ends up at Liverpool so for now villa stay 2nd, ask me after tonight :D. Also the Arsenal at 6th does suprise me! Ergh!
To be honest it's everyone below Leicester that I have a varying range of dislike for, so Arsenal & West Ham are the best of the that bunch at the moment because I don't hate them as much as City/Liverpool/Chelsea and they are actually providing me with some entertaining football to watch. Come April/May if we are in a dogfight with them for 4th then they would be near the bottom again.

ForeverRed1

Depends on how we perform tonight. :lol: I hate watching us atm whereas Brighton play some great football consistently.
They also have a good manager who’s fairly likeable and a tidy stadium. Really enjoyed going to the apex. I see the appeal with them and it’s also worth mentioning they were relegation fodder not so long ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
1. Crystal Palace, Arsenal, Liverpool
2. The rest
20. The team coached by the bald catalan gobshite

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
1. Chelsea

15. Leeds
16. United
17. West Ham
18. Arsenal
19. Liverpool
20. Tottenham

Teams I have generally disliked for as long as I can remember: Villa, Wolves,

Teams I have generally liked for as long as I can remember: Leicester.

ForeverRed1

1. Chelsea

15. Leeds
16. United
17. West Ham
18. Arsenal
19. Liverpool
20. Tottenham

Teams I have generally disliked for as long as I can remember: Villa, Wolves,

Teams I have generally liked for as long as I can remember: Leicester.
as a Chelsea fan, what makes you dislike Liverpool more than West Ham and Arsenal? Just curious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
as a Chelsea fan, what makes you dislike Liverpool more than West Ham and Arsenal? Just curious.
Competitive rivalry, the annual CL battles we had back in the day, the fans, the media etc. The list can obviously change. When I was a kid Arsenal were easily my most disliked team. But they're much more of a meme now than a serious club.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I remember that game, you won 2-1, Jamie Russell scored a fluke for us, was just before Christmas was bloody freezing I was full of cold and felt like shite and then loads of fans started fighting amongst each other when the you're not dit to wear the shirt started.

Bennie Blanco

1. Manchester United
2. Aston Villa (fantastic club)
3. Wolves (great club, with a bit of history)
4. Burnley (propper Lancashire club)
5. Newcastle (I have a lot of time for Geordies)
6. Chelsea (Great London club)
7. Leicester (I have a lot of time for them, well run club)
8. Southampton (see above)
9. Palace (nice little club)
10. Brentford (nice little club)
11. Watford (meh, not mithered if they go down)
12. Brighton (see above)
13. Norwich (go down and stay down!)
14. Westham (cockney bastards)
15. Spurs (cockney bastards)
16. Arsenal (cockney bastards)
17. Everton (scouse bastards)
17. City (local rivals)
19. Leeds (roses derby)
20. Liverpool (numero uno enemy)

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

1. United
2. Brighton - Lived there for a while. Went to opening of new stadium
3. Southampton - Parents live there. Know some youth players. Been to some games
Dont give a fk about any of the others.
20 - Liverpool - Cant stand them for obvious reasons but near the top is the fkn song. Im sure never walk alone is playing in a never ending elevator in hell.
6 millionth - Newcastle. Scum. Been threatened to be knifed. Been nearly glassed. Been there when they rioted after losing in the cup final and they were trashing the city. Cant talk any sense to any of them because they think they are the best. Loads of racists. Backwards villagers. Oh and now they are owned by a fascist Islamic regime. (I do have family from there and there are some lovely people. But there are a large percentage of these idiots amongst the fanbase)

ekestubbe

As someone who lives outside of the UK, I don't quite understand how Liverpool can be the least favorite team for Man United fans. Could someone explain? To me it seems much more logical to dislike Manchester City since they are from the same city, currently more successful, and last but not least their success is down to dirty oil money.

I personally feel a certain respect for those clubs who try - and at times succeed - without different kinds of financial doping. Specifically Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool. The recent success of Man City or Chelsea feels less impressive.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
As someone who lives outside of the UK, I don't quite understand how Liverpool can be the least favorite team for Man United fans. Could someone explain? To me it seems much more logical to dislike Manchester City since they are from the same city, currently more successful, and last but not least their success is down to dirty oil money.

I personally feel a certain respect for those clubs who try - and at times succeed - without different kinds of financial doping. Specifically Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool. The recent success of Man City or Chelsea feels less impressive.
I am not from Uk either, but as far as I know Liverpool vs Manchester rivalry isn't limited to just football, it goes back to industrial revolution, or even before(someone correct me).

And City were irrelevant before Abu Dhabi.

I mean I dislike the likes of Chelski and Arsenal, more than City. But than again it has most to do with the 2000s rivalry between United and Chelski. and late 90s to 00s rivalry with Arsenal. City were like, what Espanyol is for Barcelona right now.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
1. Chelsea
2. Newcastle
17.West Ham
18.City
19.Tottenham
20.Liverpool

United used to be near the bottom, but since joining this place its become harder to hate you. Apart from a few cnuts anyway. :D

Havak

Pokemon master
1. Man Utd
2. Brentford
3. Brighton
4. Southampton
5. Leicester
6. Newcastle
7. Aston Villa
8. Norwich
9. Burnley
10. Crystal Palace
11. Watford
12. West Ham
13. Wolves
14. Everton
15. Spurs
16. Chelsea
17. Arsenal
18. Man City
19. Leeds
20. Liverpool

youmeletsfly

Can't rate them all, but I'd try to put some logic in:

1. United - the club I love
2. Arsenal & Spurs - just for the bantz, they're just comedy clubs that I can't really hate
3. Leicester - Used to llike them a bit more, but if I look for 1 minute at Brendan's face, I suddenly become very angry
4. Watford
17. Everton - Reason is Rafa Benitez, simple.
18. Southampton - feeder club for the scousers
19. Newcastle - there's some fecking liverpool feeling about them and their fans
20. Liverpool - I don't mind the club, I don't care about the rivalry, the trophies, UCL's, etc, that's just boring and classic stuff and I really don't care about them. I just hate most of their fans, fecking deluded and cringe pricks. Even their fans from other countries are the same which is a bit odd.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I dislike them as many of their fans are arrogant as feck, just like City's, and i cant stand it.

Spurs i dislike more than any fecker else. With a passion. Fanbases though, i dislike City's first by a long long way, then the scousers [red side]

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
2. Manchester United (the club is really pissing me off lately and I have never felt more detached)
6. Brighton (don't mind them, try to play good ball)
8. Brentford (interesting project, appear to be quite inoffensive)
18. Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, Wolves, Leicester, Palace, Villa, Southampton, Everton, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich (all scum)
19. Manchester City, Leeds (big scum)
20. Liverpool (the biggest scum)

Hester_manc

Manchester United
Brentford (Low budget, but still succesfull. Danish colony).
Southampton
Leicester (Schmeichel)
Crystal Palace
Tottenham
Norwich
West Ham
Wolves
Everton
Burnley
Brighton
Watford
Arsenal
Chelsea
Leeds
Aston Villa
Newcastle (Because of ownership)
City
Liverpool

Difficult since I do not like the teams from West Ham and down.

paulscholes18

1 Man Utd
2 Leeds - Bielsa
3 Crystal Palace
4 Brighton
5 Newcastle
6 Brentford
7 Southampton
8 Tottenham
9 Everton
10 Aston Villa
11 Wolves
12 Burnley
13 Leciester
14 Chelsea
15 Norwich
16 Watford
17 West Ham
18 Man City
19 Arsenal
20 Liverpool

SteveCoppellFan

I have a proper dislike for Burnley, Im not even sure why.

Maybe its a club I can never win a bet when i bet for them or against them, I mean literally every bet !

Plus they have lingered on long enough in the Premiership, its time they went down.

They dont belong in the Premiership, its like finding a piece of carrot in a box of milk tray ... it just does not bloody belong there.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Used to hate Villa (for reasons I've never quite understood) and of course Leeds. Although its hard to hate Leeds nowadays now they're all optimistic, positive football and Bielsa craziness.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I remember that game, you won 2-1, Jamie Russell scored a fluke for us, was just before Christmas was bloody freezing I was full of cold and felt like shite and then loads of fans started fighting amongst each other when the you're not dit to wear the shirt started.
Yeah - a high point for York and a real low for you! Although from memory you did relegate York at Maine Road in the last game of the season so a short lived high for us!

chisnall_red

Supports
Citeh
We’re a 1 team league don’t you know?!

so yeah, it’s got to be; in no particular order

1) Man City

20) Man City

With an honourable mention going to our noisy frickin neighbours..