Premier League Draft Game

Erics_Collar

No, not some (debatable) crazy idea the FA is introducing....

Rather a game I thought some of my fellow 'Caftards and I could play. Basically, here is how it would work.

• The idea is to pick a team of 11 players from the Premier League era (since the competition name first changed).
  • You will be looking to pick the best players you possibly can for your team.
  • The player is picked based upon there performances at their time in the Premier League (i.e. if you pick Andriy Shevchenko, his form at Kiev and Milan does NOT come into the equation during the competition).
  • The player must also have played in a minimum of 2 different seasons in the league to prevent the selection of one season wonders.
  • 16 people will participate
  • Each person will be randomly drawn from a hat to determine order of picks so that each person will be allocated a number between 1 and 16.
  • Number 1 gets first pick, Number 2 gets second pick, Number 3 gets third pick and so on....
  • Once Number 16 has picked, the first round of the draft is over. Then the order is reversed, and Number 16 gets to have first pick in the second round of the Draft, Number 15 gets second pick, Number 14 gets third pick etc.
  • In the third round, Number 1 once again gets first pick after having last pick in Round 2. This sequence continues until 11 Draft Rounds have been complete.
  • Once the draft is complete, the 16 teams will enter into a cup format competition, where there will be 8 matches.
  • Each match will be decided upon the number of votes each team gets from the rest of the 'Caftards NOT participating.
  • The winner will forever have the fame of winning the RedCafe Premier League Draft competition. I assure you that every girl you ever meet will be impressed and want to sleep with you. *

* = may not happen

The tough thing about this game is what position do you pick in what order? Is a good Goalkeeper your priority before they are all taken for example....

Im just throwing this idea out there after Ive seen it work very well on another forum. There would be 2 threads, one strictly for choosing players and one for discussing the draft with everybody else. Id be up for running this thing, as Im online practically every day.

Some other rules would be that you would have to explain why you're picking this player - you want to convince others why this player is a good pick. There would also be a time limit to take your pick, so if you didnt pick in say 24 hours, or 48 hours, then the draft would continue and you post your pick whenever you can, but you risk it being taken as the next person in line is allowed make their choice if you dont post in time.

Im just throwing this idea out there, and before I take names for participating, Id like to know if others think its a good or bad idea, and if they had any good ideas to throw into the mix.

- EC

UPDATE: Seeing as I started this thread late at night/morning, and the initial feedback has been positive, all those interested in participating please reply to this thread declaring your interest. I'll then draw the names at random of who will be participating just so everyone has an equal chance. Im sorry it has to be limited to 16, but it was either that or 32, and 32 would be too hard to keep track of. If the first one is a success, there might just be a second one!

Johnno

feck off, I'm picking the lot;

Schmeichel
Neville
Adams
Pallister
Cole
Ronaldo
Keane
Vieira
Giggs
Cantona
Shearer

yaka8

Id love to be part of this game!

Erics makes a solid point in that ladies do want to sleep with you...I know this first hand as i was crowned the winner of the first Last man standing comp, ladies were all over me like a rash!*

*I got things mixed up, What i meant to say is that i got feck all girls because of my rash

Ace

I'd love to play.

Does it have to be a team in a 4-4-2 formation, or can you simply select eleven of the best players you can?

Erics_Collar

Well, it doesnt have to be 4-4-2 but it has to be a realistic formation you would pick in a match because once the fantasy cup begins, people will be voting for which team they think would win out of the two and a team with, say 10 strikers, just won't win! (You would imagine that would be the case anyway!)...

RK

Person #8 will only be able to make a team of averagely great players though, due to never having near first pick, though the talent will at least be consistent I suppose.

VII

Schmeichel
Neville
Stam
Ferdinand
Evra
Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Cantona
van Nistelrooy

Game over, I win.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
UPDATE: Seeing as I started this thread late at night/morning, and the initial feedback has been positive, all those interested in participating please reply to this thread declaring your interest. I'll then draw the names at random of who will be participating just so everyone has an equal chance. Im sorry it has to be limited to 16, but it was either that or 32, and 32 would be too hard to keep track of. If the first one is a success, there might just be a second one!
I think this will be an interesting experiment

Just go with the first 16 people who replied - first come, first served!

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Actually if I was in it in the first play, remove my place please. Got to be revising don't want any more distractions...I'm the sort that'll be thinking a lot about this.

Erics_Collar

Ill leave it open until 6pm tomorrow for people to get their names in for this (got a test to revise for tomorrow morning!). After that, ill start the two threads - one for discussion and one for picking players. Full rules will be included along with the list of people taking part and their allocated number in the draft. Looking forward to seeing how this works!