Premier League Fantasy Draft - 1/4 Final #1: KM vs esmufc11

Which team do you think would win the first Premier League Fantasy Draft QF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rood said:

After a brief 2 year hiatus, the original Fantasy Draft returns - much respect to Erics_Collar who did all the hard work back in 2009 - full squads and first round results on show here:
https://www.redcafe.net/f7/redcafe-fantasy-draft-competition-round-one-243915/

We started with 16 teams and are down to the final 8, you can see the original order that players were chosen here:
Full List Of Draft Picks

When voting for the team you think would win the match, keep the following in mind from the original rules:
"When selecting a player, it is important to remember that you are only picking them on their Premiership/Premier League form, i.e. if you pick Shevchenko, you get his form at Chelsea only, not Kiev or Milan!

Let battle commence ...

KM - The KM Allstars .................vs......... Esmufc11 - Los Diablos
Well, well another Fantasty Draft for you all to vote on. Get at 'er! The poll will be open for 24 hours, boys.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ah I forgot that KM had a bit of tactics to thrown in there, not sure it will make much difference in the voting though!

Basically 4-4-2 with Keane being more of a box to box midfielder rather than the holding midfielder which will be Parlour. Robben and Okocha on opposite sides, so that cut in as they like to do.

I feel Yorke and Tevez will be a great partnership, sort of like Rooney-Tevez partnership. Both are dynamic forwards and will keep on interchanging their positions. The defense is also solid with the presence of Vidic in here.

My team's captain will be Roy Keane.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Basically I there is a big difference between his midfield and my midfield and that ultimately will prove to be decisive.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I hate voting against a team with Cantona. But A midfield with Rob Lee, Carrick and Wright Phillips? Meh

Neil and Clichy dont help either

KM's by a distance

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
does elvis have a team graphic?
if you mean has the jpeg of his team shown up then yes it does for me

elvis managed to get the best player in the whole thing in my opinion when he got King Eric, although he wasnt even picked first!

Top players in both teams though really - not decided myself on who to vote for yet.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
if you mean has the jpeg of his team shown up then yes it does for me

elvis managed to get the best player in the whole thing in my opinion when he got King Eric, although he wasnt even picked first!

Top players in both teams though really - not decided myself on who to vote for yet.
Ah ok, I didn't notice it in the text...yeah it's hosted by imageshack, which my work firewall blocks out. Cheers Rood.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
The midfield battle wouldn't be close and even with Cantona, KM has Yorke and Tevez, which is lethal. Vidic and Radebe would munch up Adebayor anyway and Mellberg was a beast too.

KM for me.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
To be fair to Elvis, I think that the 2 years since we started has not been so kind to his team - at that time Carrick was on top form, Adebayor was a beast for Arsenal, Given was one of the best keepers in the Prem etc - people are supposed to vote on the players' entire Prem careers but it is always going to be difficult to look past current form.

Likewise players like Tevez and Robben have probably gone up in estimations in past couple of years.

Anyway he should be arguing his own case but its probably too late already!

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
To be fair to Elvis, I think that the 2 years since we started has not been so kind to his team - at that time Carrick was on top form, Adebayor was a beast for Arsenal, Given was one of the best keepers in the Prem etc - people are supposed to vote on the players' entire Prem careers but it is always going to be difficult to look past current form.

Likewise players like Tevez and Robben have probably gone up in estimations in past couple of years.

Anyway he should be arguing his own case but its probably too late already!
All true, but Robben was immense for Chelsea, Keane is in central midfield and if we're picking a makeshift left midfielder, Okocha beats Gudjohnsen every time. I can't recall seeing Eidur play there ever and I can't imagine it'd work either. Rob Lee... Yikes. Sorry, never rated him.

Tevez's stock in the last two years (on the pitch) has risen and so it should. He's had two excellent seasons to add to his West Ham and United appearances.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was just trying to be kind to esmufc09 really - he would have got battered even 2 years ago in all honesty !

anyway since it wont make any difference to the outcome Im giving him a sympathy vote because I cant bear to vote for a team with Tevez in it over a team with Eric in it - its just wouldnt be right

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't get Eiður out wide or Melberg in right back. I especially don't get Eiður out wide like that.

sajeev

i was really hating my self for voting against Cantona, that i subconsciously voted for elvis' team rather than KM (it won't make much of a difference to the final outcome though)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don't get Eiður out wide or Melberg in right back. I especially don't get Eiður out wide like that.
He was often stuck out on the wing over the years. But yeah it is not his best position at all

Stretch

KM by quite a margin really. KM's team is just so much stronger in defense and midfield. Only area where elvis is competing is up front.